X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Matt Damon questions Palin's experience

I actually agree with Matt Damon as I don't think she has the right experience. I think McCain is the most experienced and ready, but I do consider Obama ready for the VP job. I'd like to see Obama with a little more experience before him being President.

If Palin doesn't believe dinosaurs existed then I will certainly vote for Obama/Biden.

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: Matt Damon questions Palin's experience

from what I've heard, that dinosaurs thing was made up by some sarcastic blogger and they are falsely attributing it to Palin. It wouldn't have surprised me, though, if she had said it
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• subterFUSE
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2006

As a conservative athiest, the whole "we think the world is only 4000 years old" argument always makes me cringe. Very funny line from Daman, actually. You can hear the interviewer snickering in the background.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

lol, yeah, I got a kick out that.. you can tell he is just astonished that she is even in this election

does she really think dinosaurs existed 4000 years ago? I really need to know this.. lol

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

^ the facts indicate yes. typically, the fundamentalist-oriented christians believe the bible is the exact word of god. long explanation aside, that leaves the earth being about 12,000 years old. hence, the explanation for dinosaurs (who are older thanthat) are that they are satan's trick, and that people really did comingle with the dinosaurs.

it isn't a tongue in cheek comment. it's focusing on a serious topic. having watched clips of her church, i would say there's a 80% chance she believes this.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

We shouldn't listen to what Matt Damon is saying because he's an actor...

...but we should listen to him because he's making an awful lot of sense here. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

^^^^ sure was a hell of a lot better than p diddy's response huh?
              did you guys see that? lol.. what an idiot

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Sure did -- great example of why you shouldn't listen to what entertainers have say just because they're entertainers.

Damon's observations, on the other hand, is a great example of why you shouldn't discount wholesale what someone says just because he or she is an entertainer. Dude is spot on, IMO.

Comment

• k3n3
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by toasty
                  great example of why you shouldn't listen to what entertainers have say just because they're entertainers.
                  Yes,
                  Remember boys & girls, you should only listen to entertainers when they are entertaining us, or when they agree with our political positions...
                  Q: What do Osama and Obama have in common???
                  A: They both have a friend that blew up the Pentagon!

http://dontvoteobama.net

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

^^dude, you're missing the point. The point is that when someone says something that makes sense, it makes sense, period. Opinions should not be adopted or discounted wholesale because the messenger happens to fall into a group about whom we have preconceived ideas.

I could ordinarily give a frog's green ass what Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Barbara Streisand, Chuck Norris, or Ted Nugent think about politics, and what they say carries no special weight for me by virtue of being celebrities. That said, he actually makes some pretty damn good points here, and I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and stick my fingers in my ears because it happens to be Matt Damon.

Comment

• Miroslav
                      WHOA I can change this!1!
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by k3n3
                      Yes,
                      Remember boys & girls, you should only listen to entertainers when they are entertaining us, or when they agree with our political positions...
                      And you should deny basic scientifically-established facts (such as that dinosaurs existed) whenever it disagrees with the candidates chosen by your beloved Republican party, which in your biased view can clearly never be wrong.
                      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                        • Mar 2008

"..its like a really bad Disney movie.."

"..we can't have that."
                        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• k3n3
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Miroslav
                          And you should deny basic scientifically-established facts (such as that dinosaurs existed) whenever it disagrees with the candidates chosen by your beloved Republican party, which in your biased view can clearly never be wrong.
                          Biased? Yeah ok... Really?
                          So splain to me this... Is matt damon an idiot for repeating (and accepting as fact) fake quotes posted on a blog, or are the bigger idiots those who quote matt damon & actually think that matt damon knows what the fuck he's talking about ???

Sheesh people, ever heard of google ???

fake quotes originated here:

more info here:

Comment

• k3n3
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by toasty
                            ^^dude, you're missing the point. The point is that when someone says something that makes sense, it makes sense, period. Opinions should not be adopted or discounted wholesale because the messenger happens to fall into a group about whom we have preconceived ideas.

I could ordinarily give a frog's green ass what Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Barbara Streisand, Chuck Norris, or Ted Nugent think about politics, and what they say carries no special weight for me by virtue of being celebrities. That said, he actually makes some pretty damn good points here, and I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and stick my fingers in my ears because it happens to be Matt Damon.
                            I get my political advice from Lindsy Lohan, my dating advice from Paris Hilton, and investment advice from Mike Tyson... 'Cause they all "make sense, period"...

For fucksakes, next thing you know I'll be looking to get honest & ethical legal advice from an attorney... wtf...

Comment

• thesightless
                              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                              • Jun 2004

just one thing...

the words "facts" and "indicate" should never be in the same sentence. use facts with verify.
                              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...