X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

The last house standing

Yesterday, we received an amazing submission from iReport.com user austinheli. His photos showed a lone house standing in a wasteland left in Ike's aftermath.

We contacted austinheli, who is Ray Asgar, a private helicopter pilot based in Austin, Texas. He visited Gilchrist and Galveston Monday to photograph the damage left after Hurricane Ike slammed the coastal area last weekend.

The lone yellow house caught Asgar's attention. He said it was the only structure standing for miles. Considering the extent of Ike's devastation, he said, it was "odd to have nearly any damage to one home."

Several users left comments on Asgar's iReport, joining a debate about whether or not his photos were real. One user who jumped in was Kelley1. "This is my sister's house. It is real," she wrote.

Shortly afterward, Kelley1 uploaded a photo of the yellow house that was taken in May. Kelley1 is Judy Hudspeth and the house belongs to her sister, Pam Adams.

Pam and Warren Adams rebuilt their home in February 2006 after Hurricane Rita destroyed it the previous year. Hudspeth said that the couple hired a contractor to build a home that could withstand a Category 5 hurricane. Warren Adams watched over every step of the construction to make sure it was done correctly.

The couple evacuated to a friend's house in Lufkin, Texas, hours before Ike made landfall last week. Hudspeth said they've been without power since Saturday, and that her sister was "hysterical" when she initially heard everything was gone in Gilchrist.

Pam and Warren have since learned that their house is one of the few in the area to survive the storm. They are returning to see the devastating damage today.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: The last house standing

wow. unfortunetly, they are the only one from that region.... terrible to think a few towns literally are nothing but puddles and driftwood... not even a sign that life existed other then the cement foundations.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

i'm not sure why this isn't bigger news right now, but that area is just decimated. utterly decimated. http://jakeabby.com/cb/ check out this link ^ for more...just .... :(
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

destined compensation for gtfo.

this obliteration is still so shocking tho.
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

it's really messed up at the destruction here (which looks to be greater than katrina) and the MSM has completely dropped it off thier list of items to cover. insane.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

smart people.

Sadly they are few and far between...just prepare yourself. Don't wait or expect someone else to do it for you.
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Aleks_B
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2006

wow. crazy photo!
              aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• bedrizzock
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Dannnng. My dad's house got pretty messed up in Clearlake, TX...but nothing that bad.
                I'm rich, bitch.

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                  wow. unfortunetly, they are the only one from that region.... terrible to think a few towns literally are nothing but puddles and driftwood... not even a sign that life existed other then the cement foundations.
                  its only going to get worse.

from what i have been reading, December 12, 2012 is going to be huge.

i think there is going to be a pole shift but that is up to debate.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Bender420
                    Tickle me Elmo!
                    • Jun 2004

isn't 2012 when the mayans predicted the end?
                    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Weizy
                      MCast Resident DJ
                      • Jun 2004

wow that's amazing...

Comment

Working...