• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Bush's $700,000,000,000 Bailout!!!

Originally posted by thesightless
    at this point \, stall the election, force bush out when time is due, let congress hold the power till we can sort this out and then these two idiots debate daily, this is so much more important right now.
    Hang on just a second there, let's not do anything rash. I'll personally pay the $700 billion (can I pay in installments?) to avoid keeping Bush in office any longer than he's legally allowed to be there -- even if it's McCain instead. George Bush in office indefinitely does not inspire confidence in anything related to the United States. I will swim my ass to the Bahamas before I willingly live in this country with that motherfucker at the helm any longer than absolutely necessary.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

the non-mineral standard does work when those who have knowledge are allowed to control it.

it can and shold work for the following principles.
      1. the stock is still held at a certain value, even better, a fixed value.
      2. the public investment is what determines market liquidity.
      3. instead of a flucuating publicly held asset, the government will be absorbing the distressed assets at a fixed value. and
      4. the governemt will permit the workout options (i.e. late payments, extension of terms and lower rate) in order to make the money back over the long term. think of a bank suspending the terms of your mortgage because you were hospitalized for two months and out of work for 5. instead of foreclosure, the bond dirivative your mortgage is tied to makes its money back anyway, just over a longer term.
      5. the distressed assets of these banks are less than 1%
      6. the stock is held by gov't for a period of time, as the fed reserve fixes the value, enabling the banks to operate with more liquidity, creating the profit, and in the long term, enabling the stock and assests to be re-couped by the banks, and furthmore, allowing the investing public to buy back in to the banking system.

again, this is not a hand out bail out. it is a extension of a credit line from a source who relies on said market for many things primarily tax, and the release of liquid assests back in to the cycle of banking.

quite literally, in the bluntest of terms..

there is no lee way, think about it. you either need this system, or a pure non- monetary system. anything in between has and will fail, all throughout history. since the jews invented banking, nothing outside of communal living has suceeded. this time aronud, for one specific sector of the economy, the government at large must interject. the public, ifluenced by the media headlines, has ran away for a reason not entirely correct.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

@ james

that is why i said get bush out in january no matter what, and allow the congress to handle the affiars, even if its just for two weeks, simply to allow the proper campaigning. shit, allow the canadian leaqdership man the helm. UN, i dont care. i want that monkey out as much as the next. i just say allow the candidates thier due time prior to a forced election day. lets say this drones along for another 2 weeks, do we really want to send this country, the country that produced an election between bush and kerry, and let bush stay, to vote with only two weeks of campaigning for the single most important job on earth outside of GOD> ????

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

the MW headline says it all........

DOW ON TRACK FOR THE BIGGEST POINTS LOSS EVER

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
            I think I've changed my mind on this. I'm still against it, but the utility that passing this bill provides is so much greater for me and mainstreet than whatever tax dollars that have already been taken away from me and will be taken away from me.

And that utility is time.

I'm almost certain at this point that if this bill doesn't get passed by monday, we've got about a week before it starts collapsing in on itself. The baillout buys us time, time to restructure debts, time for the financial industry (the real backbone of our economy) to get thier stuff sorted out. Looking at what happened to Bear Stearns and Lehman and AIG and so on and so on, thier problems had become way worse quicker than they were able to cope with it, where even drastic measures could not help. I look at it as the difference between a high speed car-crash (this week) and a car-crash in slow-mo (Over the next year or so) The difference will be the psychology and its' affect on people (irrational actors as most of us here know), thier response, the response of the financial sector, and about everyone else. If the economy tanks in the week, everything falls apart. shipping and transportation shops. massive layoffs ('m predicting 20% unemployment) occur almost simultaneously.

And ALL of this before an election: Bush would CERTAINLY put together executive orders for you know what. I did write a thread on this saying just the opposite, that Bush is doing things to push his executive power further, quicker. But I've re-read his speaches and he's actually against all of this, but says we've got to do something, much like a surgeon who's facing a patient that is getting worse and worse. The surgeon can't say 'fuck it, let it die, things will come back". He's the president of the united states, he's gotta do something. And my gut tells me his advisors have already discussed the utility of time at this point. I don't think the democrats understand this utility whatsoever, and I don't think they understand the effects they will cause; but intentions, motives, intelligence, and education aside, the outcome is what matters the most.

In turn, as far as foreign policy goes, things get blearker. Russia would, as I think they will, invade into georgia and other dictators and terrorists groups will take advantage of the situation. The fact is, such a quick snap of the economy at breakneck speeds completely destroys our global security structure. It would be neutralized. I really can't even begin to discuss what will happen, and I don't even want to speculate on the stuff that might happen, which is exponentially worse.

You all here know that I've been against this bailout. I'm still against it, but goddamnit, the time that it buys us, and everyone else dependant upon our financial system, economy, and security, need it too. It gives people time to shift thier portfolios into commodities (my suggestion). I really can't underscore the psychological impact enough.

To quote barack obama out of context, "preparation is key". And getting extra time is crucial to all of this. It's the most limited resource we have, and the most important one to have at dispossal.

I can't say I've seen this discussion on the utility of time talked about anywhere else. It hit me hard this afternoon after I heard a Bank CEO commit suicide this afternoon, and it dawned upon me the instant shock that would paralyze almost everything and almost everyone.
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
              • Jun 2004

@ The above statement in quotes.

see............. money does rule the world. right now its asking, nay, begging for chaos....

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

looks like its been rejected. dow is only down about 600 pts...no biggie, really.

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                  looks like its been rejected. dow is only down about 600 pts...no biggie, really.

by your location listed, combined with ur comments, im assuming you live in a hut in the yukon adn hunt food.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                    @ james

that is why i said get bush out in january no matter what, and allow the congress to handle the affiars, even if its just for two weeks, simply to allow the proper campaigning. shit, allow the canadian leaqdership man the helm. UN, i dont care. i want that monkey out as much as the next. i just say allow the candidates thier due time prior to a forced election day. lets say this drones along for another 2 weeks, do we really want to send this country, the country that produced an election between bush and kerry, and let bush stay, to vote with only two weeks of campaigning for the single most important job on earth outside of GOD> ????
                    ah, misunderstood. My bad...

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by day_for_night

it's looking more like 800 points bucko.
                      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

its at about -600 now

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          its at about -600 now
                          i see it jumped back up there.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• thesightless
                            • Jun 2004

glad to see the party leadership is taking the time to call each other out instead of trying to think about the citizens......

its a rash statement.but..

at this point i wish we were more like south asain countries. colin powell and stormin norman shuold step up , ask the ARMY or national guard to get teh fuck to washington and lock congress and house into session until something is reached. if they deem it neccessary to remove their power, do it. put teh AICPA and SEC admin in charge and we can form a new gov't. this right now, is the final sign that our leadership doesnt give a fuck about us, just thier interests. why are there amendments to this bill? WHY? make the bill about one thing and one thing only. pelosi and peter king shouldnt be doing interviews right now, they should be sitting with their contemporaries in the fuckign room and finishhing it off.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

This is absolutely tragic for McCain. The Dems came halfway and the republicans didn’t rally around McCain and get this passed. Tomorrow, the Dems are going to pass thier own bill and fix the mess in the meantime.

edit: the Intrade stats on Palin leaving the VP slot just spiked. that said, what is she still doing on the ticket?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • May 2006

not sure what the exactly closing bell number is, but it could be -689, the biggest point drop in history

Comment

Working...