X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

so much for macs...back to PCs

just got my macbook pro. Since they cost an arm and a leg, I thought I'd try Apple certified refurbished - supposedly fixed, heavily inspected, comes with same warranty as a new macbook.

Well, I finally get it in the mail and everything is great..... except that the sound in one speaker is fucked.

so now since I'm living in Wichita, KS for the next 5 months, there is no Apple store anywhere near here and I have to ship the goddamn thing off somewhere....god knows if I'll ever see any functional piece of mac hardware prior to new years.

fucking macs...PCs, here I come!
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav
  • ganjamo
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2006

Re: so much for macs...back to PCs

dont !!!
    Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
      just got my macbook pro. Since they cost an arm and a leg, I thought I'd try Apple certified refurbished - supposedly fixed, heavily inspected, comes with same warranty as a new macbook.

Well, I finally get it in the mail and everything is great..... except that the sound in one speaker is fucked.

so now since I'm living in Wichita, KS for the next 5 months, there is no Apple store anywhere near here and I have to ship the goddamn thing off somewhere....god knows if I'll ever see any functional piece of mac hardware prior to new years.

fucking macs...PCs, here I come!
      buy it new or dont buy it at all imo.

stay with apple!! do NOT go back to pc.
      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

Ever heard the phrase "You get what you pay for" when it comes to computers I would never buy refurbs. But they will fix the speaker and then you'll have a computer that is way better than a Win model.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• emuler
          I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
          • May 2007

build your own rig

newegg.com

apple sucks balls.

Comment

• beanzncheez
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

Do you have an afro?

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

yeah I guess refurbs will always have a higher probability of defects, seeing as that's why they were refurbs in the first place - but these are certified by apple and supposed to be thoroughly inspected by them. They come with the same guarantee as new computers, less about $400. But oh well, I know there is always some probability in such a big process of getting the bug... I'll give em a chance. I got a case number from tech support and I'm taking it to a local certified apple reseller to be dealt with for free...
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

hey as long as you get the warranty, you shouldn't have to worry. it's only an inconvenience to not being able to use it for a few days.
                  My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• thesightless
                    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                    • Jun 2004

am i the only person alive to never have a PC issue. the only computer issue i had was when i spilt a beer on my keyboard.

seriously, as long as you keep your AVG/anti virus updating weekly, and run the occasional defrag and cleanup, it should be fine.

funny thing is, my roomates mac camera broke and he lost his comp for 3 weeks while it was fixed. i changed out my keyboard in the half hour it took me to drive to bestbuy and buy a new one.

plus, as emuler said, go to newegg or similar and build a monster. i did it with alienware, and my PC is a beast. i upgraded my vid card once. want to do it again. thats only cuz of the evolution of graphic cards and my need to play games in the highest quality. (notably wow, EQ2 and teamfortress.) for the price you pay for a good mac laptop, you can get a more powerful PC tower.
                    Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories
                    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

I don't have PC issues either but then I build my rigs with the parts that I want. I'm not a fan of pre-built systems because you can't get everything tailored to your likes and needs.

As for the comments about refurbished units, it depends on why it is labeled a refurb. I bought a 17" NEC LCD monitor for my daughter years ago and it was a refurb because the manufacturer forgot to include the manual in the box. Therefore, it had to have the manual added and could no longer be considered new. Because of that, I got $100 off of the price.

Comment

• Simon Preston
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

My PC's have always run brilliantly. Think the first one I ever built wasn't the best of things (AMD Duron 800mhz, VIA chipset that wasn't great, Windows ME (Ugh!)) but since then learnt how to choose the best parts and keep XP running smoothly and quickly.
                        http://soundcloud.com/simonpreston/simon-preston-summer-2011

Comment

• nsite
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

thats what you get for going cheap. go new.
                          ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                            Not cool enough
                            • Jun 2004

i'm sure a lot of the problems come from all the third party software that HP SONY IBM and whomever else puts on the computers.
                            My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by beanzncheez
                              I don't have PC issues either but then I build my rigs with the parts that I want. I'm not a fan of pre-built systems because you can't get everything tailored to your likes and needs.
                              DIY FTW I never had any problems with my PCs either. In fact XP was my favourite Windows, it was the most robust and stable of the lot. When there was a crash, the system always booted up fine like nothing happened. I don't even need to stick in the install cd and go into repair mode. And I only run NOD32 and some auto-defrag software for the system and nothing else.

Let's face it, 90% of the problems with any OS is user errors. The rest is hardware failure. A lot of computer users simply have no concept of working with a computer or workflow or file naming or updating their OS, etc. And they relentlessly click on anything that can be clicked on, including dumb MSN worms sent out by infected friends.

But Apple still makes better notebooks than most PC makers, maybe with the exception of Sony.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...