• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ace
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2008

Digweed in Toronto Review

Just to get things started...

Fortier had a decent opening set, it got a little ploddy here and there though. Played from 11:30-1:30

Digweed took over at 1:30 and took us til 5:30 playing a pretty good set. He dropped some vocal track about 20 minutes in that was just out of this world. EDIT: It was The Timewriter - Flicking Pages (Peter Horrevorts Mix)

Other tracks:
    Prime Suspect - Attraction (Extrawelt Mix) 1st track
    Guy J - Geko (Remute Mix)
    Mistress Barbara - K-10 (Alan Fitzpatrick Remix)
    Christian Smith - Flyertalk
    Paolo Mojo & Jim Rivers - Ron Hardy Said (Eric Prydz Mix)
    On Spec vs the Police - Voices Of Columbus (Jamie Stevens Re-Edit) Last

Lighting was phenomenal and it was nice to hear these tunes on a Phazon system. Great night.
    Last edited by Ace; September 21, 2008, 03:41:36 PM.
  • Dzone
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: Digweed in Toronto Review

Glad you had good time, cant wait to see him on the 10th of Oct

Bring on Bedrock Bday party
    ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Good review sounds a lot like what he played at Vanguard mental as f'k
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

So upset I had to miss this
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Aleks_B
          Gold Gabber
          • Nov 2006

It has been a while since i braved the Guv. but John Digweed is always a good reason to return to the mainroom.

I arrived at right around 1:30, when Fortier was playing his last track, which sounded like complete garbage. As soon as Digweed mixed in his first track there was a dramatic change to the music on that system. I loved the first hour of his set, not too hard or too soft. I was pleased because this hour was a great "primer" if you will, for my girl, who has never witnessed Diggers live. Great programming and smooth as silk mixing. For some reason i felt that the phazon system in that room never sounded so good. The second and third hours got a little harder and the he was starting to drop some more epic tracks during those hours, which i thought went over well with the half of the crowd that actually understood what was going down musically. LOL. The crowd was annoying, but not as bad as it could have been. At around 3:50 Digweed dropped this crazy rolling techno track that im hurtin' to find out about!! Trainspotters? Soon after that i ended up ducking out for some late night take out. I kind of wish i had more in me to hear the last hour of his set. I Heard it was exceptional.
          aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• sakio pod
            SALAD TOSSER
            • Jun 2004

where's the audio proof need some vids or somethang

Comment

• evo7
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Aleks_B
              At around 3:50 Digweed dropped this crazy rolling techno track that im hurtin' to find out about!!
              Sounds like the track he played when i saw him in Dublin - unbelievable....
              www.soundcloud.com/superistic

Comment

• chanty
                John, John, where art thou!
                • Jun 2004

Well, damn that was so much fun!! Unfortunately, Chris Fortier didn't deliver the goods. His opening set was pretty lame and boring, nothing to get you in the mood, which was highly disapointing since I was looking very forward to seeing him. Then Diggers came on and built up the crowd nicely. All I can say is that I didn't stop dancing and I was one sweaty mess by the time he got off the decks at 5:30 am. Techno, progressive darkness from The Man like. No one does it like him.
                The one thing that slightly pissed me off was the fact that most of the people I talked to didn't know who Diggers was. When I finally talked to someone who did I shook his hand. I also educated a few people about Diggers and urged them to check him out more.
                He came to the side of the stage at the end of his set and signed discs and took pics with peeps. I was so close and wanted to say hi but, damn I was a wreck!!
                I didn't take any pics but you can see some at www.theguvernment.com in the gallery.
                Oh ya....who the hell leaves before Diggers is done? You can eat later.
                Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Aleks_B
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chanty
                  who the hell leaves before Diggers is done? You can eat later.
                  haha, well it sounds lame, but i was so malnourished i couldn't have enjoyed anything other than food at the time.

Comment

• sakio pod
                    SALAD TOSSER
                    • Jun 2004

you gotta fight the pain......lameO excuse.........i don;t give a fuck if you've been on a boat for 3weeks you never leave till the last track is played and they kick you out

you should be banned

get an I.V. next time you puss

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

^Damn Right
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• sakio pod
                        SALAD TOSSER
                        • Jun 2004

hey ant next time digweed plays in MIA lets go just for the first hour

hehhehehee

chanty glad u had a blast........hope to see u WMC 09

Comment

• Aleks_B
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by sakio pod
                          you gotta fight the pain......lameo excuse.........i don;t give a fuck if you've been on a boat for 3weeks you never leave till the last track is played and they kick you out

you should be banned

get an i.v. Next time you puss
                          lol!!

Comment

Working...