X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spyros
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2007

is it worth it???

well, its been some time since the last time i bought some records.i used to buy loads,brand new releases, 2nd hand records... anything! but since i got my cdjs,i stopped buying vinyls so often and im just buying digital music. i still like vinyl though (who doesnt) and yesterday i thought i should get some! i went on juno and after 15mins i had 5 very nice records in my shopping cart.i clicked on "go to checkout" and thats when i got this shock... guess how much the total was for 5 records plus shipping... £43
    wtf??? 43 quid for 5 records???
    so im just wondering now.. is it worth buying records now?? i think as for new releases i will just stick to mp3 files and my cdjs and as for records, i will just buying older, 2nd hand ones from ebay where they will be definately cheaper!!
    Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: is it worth it???

i think only you can say if its worth it for ya, but for me...i love vinyl, but the prices are just as you said...prohibitive. i'll stick with digital, too.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

price is what lead me to CDJ's you get 50 records for 100 bucks. no shipping.

often i find myself surprised when burning the enw tunes and playing em. best bang for buck. i told myself i woudl only buy old breeder on vinly, that's it.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
        Gold Gabber
        • Oct 2004

It is not worth it to me. I do miss owning a physical piece of music though...
        soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• nsite
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

no. i think you just answered your own question. its just simple economics for me. playing music honestly is a luxury in the grand scheme of things and paying for records was just asinine. still sad and I miss them, but I'd rather have new mp3s every few weeks.
          ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• spyros
            Gold Gabber
            • May 2007

yeah, i think nowdays you need plenty of €£$ if you want to mixing vinyl!
            i cant imagine how much money someone would need, to buy the records that i have...
            maybe 3-4 times of what i have spend? f*ck!!!! thats a lot of money!!!
            Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• BureOne
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Only vinyls I buy now are the ones not on digital format. Or the ones I would want to have as vinyl.

I recently purchased Pete Moss - Softshoe EP (Ovum) on vinyl as I couldnt find it anywhere as .mp3.

Also anything from the 80's (new wave, disco, freestyle) I would purchase as vinyl.

I have saved a bunch of money since going into the digital format... A BUNCH!

Comment

Working...