X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

pelamis alternative energy - brilliant

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

i have posted a few things about this before, basically there is a company who is at the forefront of zero emission, completely perpetual energy. while it doesnt power itself, it requires zero energy, outside of the earth's natural rotation to run it once its production process is completed. and considering the advances of carbon fiber, aluminum, and plastics, the impact is minimal as opposed to steel and iron production.

factor in the absolute fact that oceans cover just over 70% of the planet... why arent we putting some capital investment into this.....and there are plenty of viable areas where they can be constructed on a massive scale. think the northeastern US by maine, gulf of mexico, the seas aroudn the poles. etc

imagine the power alone that could be generated in teh gulf of mexico, considering the yearly storms.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Taylor Norris
    Platinum Poster
    • Oct 2005

Re: pelamis alternative energy - brilliant

Very intersting. Make sure to vote this year if you would like to see funding for alternative energy sources.

Comment

• Localizer
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2004

badass. A great way to lead the future for cleaner energy.
      Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• shosh
        Banned
        • Jun 2004

but what if the cruise ships hit that shit?

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh
          but what if the cruise ships hit that shit?

seriously?

16 dictionary results for: map
          Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This map /mæp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[map] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, mapped, map·ping. –noun 1.a representation, usually on a flat surface, as of the features of an area of the earth or a portion of the heavens, showing them in their respective forms, sizes, and relationships according to some convention of representation: a map of Canada. 2.a maplike delineation, representation, or reflection of anything: The old man's face is a map of time. 3.Mathematics. function (def. 4a). 4.Slang. the face: Wipe that smile off that ugly map of yours. 5.Genetics. genetic map. –verb (used with object) 6.to represent or delineate on or as if on a map. 7.to sketch or plan (often fol. by out): to map out a new career. —Idioms 8.off the map, out of existence; into oblivion: Whole cities were wiped off the map. 9.put on the map, to bring into the public eye; make known, famous, or prominent: The discovery of gold put our town on the map.
          [Origin: 1350–1400; ME mappe-(mounde) < ML mappa mundī map of the world; special use of L mappa napkin, said to be < Punic]

—Related forms map·pa·ble, adjective
          mapper, noun

—Synonyms 1. plan, outline, diagram. Map, chart, graph refer to representations of surfaces, areas, or facts. Map most commonly refers to a representation of the surface of the earth or a section of it, or an area of the sky: a map of England. A chart may be an outline map with symbols conveying information superimposed on it, a map designed esp. for navigators on water or in the air, a diagram, or a table giving information in an orderly form: a chart of the shoals off a coast. A graph may be a diagram representing a set of interrelated facts by means of dots or lines on a coordinate background; or it may use small figures (people, animals, machines, etc.) appropriate to the facts being represented, each figure standing for a specific number in statistics being given: a graph of the rise in population from 1900 to 1980.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
          Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
          1 dictionary results for: NAVSTAR Global Positioning System
          Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share ThisNAVSTAR Global Positioning System /ˈnævˌstɑr/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nav-stahr]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation–noun a global system of U.S. navigational satellites developed to provide precise positional and velocity data and global time synchronization for air, sea, and land travel.
          [Origin: nav(igation) s(ystem using) t(ime) a(nd) r(anging)]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
          Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Comment

• shosh
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
            seriously?
            dude, no not seriously!!! come on hahaha

Comment

• MJDub
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh
              dude, no not seriously!!! come on hahaha

http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

after some of yer politics threads i gotta ask.....

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Cool, such a simple idea too. Google can lash their server farms on to them, maybe we can all live on Waterworld.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Aleks_B
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Nov 2006

this seem like it could be very productive for generating energy. We'll have to see if there is interest to implement it in the near future.
                    aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

Working...