X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

haha the queen asks for a raise haha

shes struggling because of escalating prices for oil, food, and home repairs

haha

funny shit

THE Queen plans to ask the UK Government for more money to run her household after being hit by rising costs, officials say.
    Like homeowners across Britain, the monarch has faced escalating prices for fuel, food and home repairs.

These have seen the cost of maintaining her position as head of state almost double.

But her taxpayer-funded Civil List payment of £7.9 million ($17.5m) has not increased in 20 years - and is not due to be renegotiated until 2010.

The shortfall has left what has been described as a "black hole" in Buckingham Palace's accounts of several million pounds each year and led to claims that the Queen will be unable to balance her books if she is not awarded extra funding within the next three years.

Senior officials have firmly denied the Queen is facing a "cash crisis" but confirmed this week that they would have to ask for an increase in Civil List funding.

A royal spokeswoman said there was nothing that could "remotely be described as a black hole in the books" and rejected the claim the Queen would face ruin without government intervention.

"We are never complacent, but we have managed our finances well and are ahead of the game at this point," she said.
    "When the time comes we will, of course, be hoping for an increase - after all, there are few people in the country who haven't had a pay rise for 20 years."

Officials said the Queen's accountants had squirrelled away £35 million for a rainy day.
    Although this is down to £26 million, aides say there is enough in the pot to "draw down from" until they are able to renegotiate their government hand-out.

"Like so many we have been hit by rising costs, but fortunately our reserves adequately cover the extra expenditure we are now facing," a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

"We will have enough money to keep going until we can open negotiations about a new Civil List payment."

The Queen receives the majority of her funding through the Civil List as well as "grants in aid" for the upkeep of palaces and travel. She also benefits from a portfolio of investments managed by the Duchy of Lancaster.

About 70 per cent of her Civil List revenue is spent on staff salaries. The rest goes on entertaining.
    The current figure of £7.9 million a year was agreed in 1990 and Tony Blair's government refused to sanction an increase 10 years later.

The Treasury would not be drawn yesterday on whether the payment would be increased.

Whitehall sources privately argue, however, that there is simply not enough money to go round.

It is also understood that the Queen's Keeper of the Privy Purse, Sir Alan Reid, has asked the Government for VAT exemption on payment for services such as building works in line with government departments.

Two senior MPs who sit on the Public Accounts Committee said they had no sympathy for the Queen's plight and called for the Royal Household's accounts to be publicly audited in the same way as government departments.
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: haha the queen asks for a raise haha

life's tough in the aluminum siding business...

ps. if anyone can tell me where that quote came from without searching for it, you'll win yourself a prize. and no cheating here, be honest!

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

I wonder why the Brits continue to pay for a bunch of people who do nothing for them.

Oh wait......why do we?
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• progressive420
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

"life's tough in the aluminum siding business..."

maybe the queen mother said the above quote....FUCK i dont really know, just seems "appropriate"
        "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

admitting i couldnt care about it b4, but what are the feelings of the public about her?>

i mean, if the government told the "royal" family to fuck off, would there be outrage? i mean, they serve no official function anymore, hold no real power, right?>

never bothered to learn what their deal is, only knowing that the diana death happened.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

She can @*%k off - credit crunch it up and economise your majesty.
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• miketpoto
              Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
              • Jan 2005

I haven't asked for a raise in months.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                I haven't asked for a raise in months.

Comment

• shosh
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                  life's tough in the aluminum siding business...

ps. if anyone can tell me where that quote came from without searching for it, you'll win yourself a prize. and no cheating here, be honest!
                  west wing?

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

east coast??

Comment

• bobjuice
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Miroslav
                      I wonder why the Brits continue to pay for a bunch of people who do nothing for them.
                      because we don't have any fucking choice whatsoever perhaps??

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

what is the average income of butlers, chefs and car drivers in the UK ? 70% of 7.9 million pounds goes to salaries ? nearly 5.6 Million pounds ? I mean how many people are working for the royal family ? if you presume an average of 60,000 pounds per year income, that works out to 93 people. is that how much that how much catering and driving around is needed ?
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• thesightless
                          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                          • Jun 2004

forgetting security.
                          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

ok so add security, how many ? 30 ? 40 ? 50 ? for 5 people ? and their mansions and electric bills and car bills and gas bills I presume are ALL paid for ?

imagine if they were put all put in a single family home and given a 4 car garage. The UK would probably have 6.5 million pounds extra each year to devote to other more noble causes.
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                            Originally posted by ace_dl
                            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              Anyone have Styx livesets?
                              • Jun 2004

considering obama and mccain spent 94 million dollars (around 50 million quid) in AUGUST ALONE - then 8 million quid for a whole year doesnt seem that bad does it!!

whether shes it is worth all the hassle I dunno
                              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...