X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phuck'm-up
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jan 2008

Re: Where is this music progressing?

How about some deep dark banging minimal that is really progressive with a little bit of acid funk mixed in with some break beat down tempo jump up!

On the topic of music. It's all good. Really...It is. I listen to a lot of music. Mostly crap! I think to myself. Damn this is some crap load of crap I just sifted through to find these tracks and it makes me appreciate the old days even more. The people that I grew up around played such kick ass music and was blessed to have had people around me that played stomp'n shit. The music is out there.

That sound/feeling you are looking for is still out there.

Try M-Cast. Steve James..Mercury Sessions.. His new one recorded at FSM headquarters Pensacola will blow your socks off. I was there. I had to go and hide from all the banging wicked shit. absolutely awesome display of talent and love for the music. I have not seen some one play like that since back in the good ole days of Simons.

Also...Hafid Atzel FSM on M-Cast. Great music. Track selection top notch.
    https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
      Gold Gabber
      • Oct 2004

My guess is that it will still have some sort of 4/4 beat in the range of 120-130 bpm.
      soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

I like the way the music is today...Deep house and tech house is where it's at for me. Minimal....Not so much into anymore.
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
          NE rules!

if i could live the first moment i heard it over and over again, i'd die a happy man!

period!!!

nothing new can do that!!

besides NE being utterly amazing i think it somewhat goes back to the fact that those tracks at that time were unavailable to the everyday punter, being unatainable added to the mystique of the mixes, same with the early GU's.. now within weeks of a mix cd being released or sometimes even before its released, the tracks are all over the web

Comment

• raver_mania
            Watch out....I'm trying to sense here
            • Aug 2004

Its getting harder and harder to find good tracks because there is so much out there (a lot of it crap), and IMO many of the tracks are in wrong classifications on sites like beatport (eg, too many trance tracks in the progressive section) but overall the quality of the good tracks are exceptional. I love the dark proggy, chugging stuff, with some techno thrown in (some minimal, banging at the right moments).

Many of the sets from our MCAST dj's that I've heard over the last few months have been incredibly good!

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Things seem to be edging away from minimal to having a melody ... but the dark heavy beats aren't back yet - drum tracks still seem to be set at wimpy.
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                besides NE being utterly amazing i think it somewhat goes back to the fact that those tracks at that time were unavailable to the everyday punter, being unatainable added to the mystique of the mixes, same with the early GU's.. now within weeks of a mix cd being released or sometimes even before its released, the tracks are all over the web
                Totally, which sucks because once you've heard a track, you've heard it all. And unless you DJ or really appreciate how a set is put together, a good track that gets picked up all over the net and appears in every set begins to sound like shit because 1) it's everywhere, 2) it's in the wrong place in a set. It's like a Bryan Adams song.

At the same time, if a well-known DJ plays a type of sound, again, it gets picked up all over the net and with the ease of getting tracks these days, we get a whole bandwagon of the same sounds.

Damn it I thought I've given up bitching about music.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Been listening to the Boscarino + Mohrr set for two days. I think it's a good mix of prog and 'minimal' sounds. Please check it out. And tell me what order the files should be in

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• palmer
                    Retired or Simply Important
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by raver_mania
                    Many of the sets from our MCAST dj's that I've heard over the last few months have been incredibly good!
                    Yes they have been really good.

I've been a bit away from the promos section/mcast for the past two-three years. Got a bit bored with things. Time traveled back about 30-40yrs to see what I'd neglected. Now I'm back to listening to sets. Take a break man- you need one. Or at least cut it with some other forms of music. I listened to prog sets almost exclusively for probably 5yrs. There is far too much good music out there to be monogamous.

Routine/repetition=boredom
                    todayistomorrow
                    art direction | design | animation

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by lilsensa
                      I like the way the music is today...Deep house and tech house is where it's at for me. Minimal....Not so much into anymore.
                      quoted for truth.

in addition to that, i probe for old and new school prog/breaks that spiral on the weekly, but quality prog has become scare in distinction to most of the crapola/diluted " linear progressive" these days. imho.
                      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...