• shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

this is not the man................................ i knew for 20 years

Does Obama have any friends in life who are not:
    a. criminals
    b. racists
    c. terrorists

The FBI on Wednesday raided the county offices of a former Illinois state senator who is a poker-playing buddy of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.
    According to Chicago authorities, the FBI visited the offices in Joliet, Ill., of Will County executive Larry Walsh, a longtime friend of Mr. Obama's, and his chief of staff Matt Ryan.
    Mr. Walsh, who served in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2005, was endorsed by Mr. Obama in his county executive election bid. With the support of some of Mr. Obama's U.S. Senate volunteers, he easily defeated incumbent Republican Joseph Mikan.
    Will County auditor Steve Weber confirmed that his office had been asked by the FBI to assist in an investigation, but he did not elaborate on the specifics.
    Two FBI agents out of Chicago reportedly spent more than an hour in the Will County offices on Wednesday morning.
    According to sources, the Walsh investigation may be tied to lobbying firm Smith Dawson and Andrews, which was hired in 2006 for $10,000 per month to help Will County acquire federal grants.
    The firm, which is registered with the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, assists clients with communications and legislative strategies that better their public policy agendas, according to its Web site. Last month, Mr. Walsh announced that Will County was the recipient of a $750,000 federal government grant that would allow law enforcement and prosecutors to fight against domestic violence.
    One of the firm's partners, James P. Smith, contributed $2,000 to help Mr. Walsh's county executive election bid.
    A corn farmer from Joliet, Mr. Walsh has supported his friend's presidential bid, and campaigned for him in rural and farming areas of the state. They are seen hugging each other in photos before Mr. Obama's announcement that he was running for president.
    The two men became tight friends during their tenure in the Illinois Senate and bonded over games of poker. According to a report in Time magazine, Mr. Walsh lost to Mr. Obama once with what he thought was a winning hand, and then slammed down his cards and said: "Doggone it, Barack, if you were more liberal in your card-playing and more conservative in your politics, you and I would get along much better."
    Mr. Walsh denied any knowledge of any investigation.
    "I don't have a clue what you are talking about," Mr. Walsh said in reports published Thursday in the Chicago Sun-Times.
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: this is not the man................................ i knew for 20 years

so the FBI raided the offices for what again? and 'longtime' because they were in the state senate together?

anyways
    add

d. muslims.

and

e. gays.

and

f. liberals.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• shosh
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
      so the FBI raided the offices for what again? and 'longtime' because they were in the state senate together?

anyways
      add

d. muslims.

and

e. gays.

and

f. liberals.
      you fail at getting the point.

also read the article:
      "Mr. Walsh, who served in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2005, was endorsed by Mr. Obama in his county executive election bid. With the support of some of Mr. Obama's U.S. Senate volunteers, he easily defeated incumbent Republican Joseph Mikan."
      "A corn farmer from Joliet, Mr. Walsh has supported his friend's presidential bid, and campaigned for him in rural and farming areas of the state. They are seen hugging each other in photos before Mr. Obama's announcement that he was running for president.
      The two men became tight friends during their tenure in the Illinois Senate and bonded over games of poker."

regardless of what you think of his innocent relationships with all these people, has there ever been a candidate that has been linked with more shady people?

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh
        you fail at getting the point.

also read the article:
        "Mr. Walsh, who served in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2005, was endorsed by Mr. Obama in his county executive election bid. With the support of some of Mr. Obama's U.S. Senate volunteers, he easily defeated incumbent Republican Joseph Mikan."
        "A corn farmer from Joliet, Mr. Walsh has supported his friend's presidential bid, and campaigned for him in rural and farming areas of the state. They are seen hugging each other in photos before Mr. Obama's announcement that he was running for president.
        The two men became tight friends during their tenure in the Illinois Senate and bonded over games of poker."

regardless of what you think of his innocent relationships with all these people, has there ever been a candidate that has been linked with more shady people?
        point out a politician that isnt shady

Comment

• shosh
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
          point out a politician that isnt shady
          yes they are all shady. my point was that i've never heard of a presidential candidate tied in with so bad people people

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

george h.w. bush was a spook for the CIA. This is petty compared to the people he's worked with.
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

yes they are all shady. my point was that i've never heard of a presidential candidate tied in with so bad people people
              Well, you must not be paying very close attention, because normally people harp on shady things the candidate has done, but all people are able to muster with Obama is that people he knows have done shady things. Smacks of desperation, IMO.

By your standard, the entire GOP house ought to be under suspicion because of their association with Delay, and the GOP members of the senate ought to be under suspicion because of their association with Stevens.

Comment

• shosh
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                Well, you must not be paying very close attention, because normally people harp on shady things the candidate has done, but all people are able to muster with Obama is that people he knows have done shady things. Smacks of desperation, IMO.

By your standard, the entire GOP house ought to be under suspicion because of their association with Delay, and the GOP members of the senate ought to be under suspicion because of their association with Stevens.
                wow great you've named 2 guys?

still they are not as bad characters as the ones obama is fraternizing with.

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

wow great you've named 2 guys?
                  Well, if I had nothing but free time for the weekend, I could probably scratch the surface of listing the scandals that have plagued people in the GOP (and otherwise) that would be McCain's "associates" under your definition, but that's not the point. The point is that this "6 degrees of Barack Obama" game is absurd and unhelpful.

Comment

• shosh
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2004

Well, if I had nothing but free time for the weekend, I could probably scratch the surface of listing the scandals that have plagued people in the GOP (and otherwise) that would be McCain's "associates" under your definition, but that's not the point. The point is that this "6 degrees of Barack Obama" game is absurd and unhelpful.
                    really? you could name such close friends of mccain or other candidates who have strong criminal past, are so racist, and also known terrorists (I would add also supporters of communism too)? It's not that there is just one guy or two, but this many?

I would pay for that!

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

really? you could name such close friends of mccain or other candidates who have strong criminal past, are so racist, and also known terrorists (I would add also supporters of communism too)? It's not that there is just one guy or two, but this many?
                      Good point. One or two is completely OK, but three or four? Yep, twice as many. Sweet mother of pearl.

Former co-chair of McCain's AZ campaign Rep. Rick Renzi (indicted on extortion, wire fraud, money laundering, etc.) springs immediately to mind, by the way.

The Bill Ayers thing is really pathetic, by the way. The guy admittedly has some pretty unsavory shit in his very distant past, but he is currently a professor at a major state University. I realize that folks in the current incarnation of the GOP view people in academia as the equivalent of terrorists, but the rest of us know that's silly. And don't give me this, "but he said we didn't do enough on 9/11" bullshit either, because we've already know that's incredibly misleading and paints an inaccurate picture of what he said and when he said it.

Comment

• shosh
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

Good point. One or two is completely OK, but three or four? Yep, twice as many. Sweet mother of pearl.

Former co-chair of McCain's AZ campaign Rep. Rick Renzi (indicted on extortion, wire fraud, money laundering, etc.) springs immediately to mind, by the way.

The Bill Ayers thing is really pathetic, by the way. The guy admittedly has some pretty unsavory shit in his very distant past, but he is currently a professor at a major state University. I realize that folks in the current incarnation of the GOP view people in academia as the equivalent of terrorists, but the rest of us know that's silly. And don't give me this, "but he said we didn't do enough on 9/11" bullshit either, because we've already know that's incredibly misleading and paints an inaccurate picture of what he said and when he said it.
                        four? dude there are way more than that tied in with obama

ayers: that motherfucker should be in prison but is not because of a technicality. he should not be teaching at a university. just because he is, doesnt make him a better person. he also said this: "I’ve thought about this a lot. Being almost 60, it’s impossible to not have lots and lots of regrets about lots and lots of things, but the question of did we do something that was horrendous, awful? ... I don’t think so. I think what we did was to respond to a situation that was unconscionable."

Comment

• sammwalk
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

whoa, now. Settle down, McCarthy. McCain's no angel. Keating 5/S&L scandal:

The controversial George W. Bush-sponsored poll in South Carolina mentioned John McCain's role in the so-called Keating Five scandal, and McCain says...

McCain (understandably): "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live."

McCain's lobbyists have ties to "regimes accused of serious human rights violations":

The New York Sun covers America and the world from a base in New York. Its report comprises straightforward news dispatches and a lively editorial page…

Comment

• sammwalk
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

four? dude there are way more than that tied in with obama
                            Who? Drag 'em out. I'm an open minded person. If you can prove to me that Obama is a "crook" then I'll change my mind. Show me your facts.

Comment

• Cj Tari
                              MCast Resident DJ
                              • Nov 2004

wll being that every other dem politician who has been in deep shit, just by being of the same political party is asociated with obama, wouldnt that apply to mccain?

all of those republicans that have been involved in sex scandals are not friends of mccains, i mean, theyre all republicans, theyve must of met??

Bruce Barclay
                              Matthey Elliot
                              Vitto Fossella
                              Robert Mckee
                              Daniel Thompson

now, if you point out any politician in america they all are or have been asociated with someone shady in their past, now, that doesnt mean that just because you know a fucking racist, that makes you a racist, no my friend, life doesnt work that way.
                              ..:: listen :: react ::..
                              http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
                              http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
                              http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

Working...