• Show
Clear All
  • TheMightyGreg
    Editor Shmeditor
    • Nov 2006

Re: I'm depressed

Originally posted by Taylor Norris

Another salvia victim

Good to see you getting some stuff sorted in your mate. Keep it going!
    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Micko
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

How are you getting on there?

Comment

• kassios
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

i was feeling depressed for six months after breaking up with my g/f and really felt

useless ....didnt want to do anything....sometimes i would keep my shop closed for 2 days and

stay home do nothing but smoke and think think think(not that i dont do it anymore)....

i would sleep for 12 hrs a day, waking up was a hell...and still managed

to get out of this ....i felt like i needed to

change and thank god i had good friends around me who supported and talked things

out....one friend even gave me a book which till today it helps me out when im

depressed...its a book from

Tony Robbins "Unlimited Power" very upbeat and very encouraging book!

being depressed won't change a damn thing that's for sure....be possitive !

Good luck
        http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• ownit
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jan 2007

everyone fights invisible tigers...takes time.

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

I'll make this short and quick. Depression is for pussies. And I can say this. My grandfather (whom I never got to meet), was depressed and shot himself in the head when my mom was 16. My grandmother tried to OD a few times due to depression. She later was consumed by psychosis and schizophrenia. I apparently am prone to depression but.....

I've realized that the sun goes up and the sun goes down, and you should be grateful that you can see that happen everyday because you don't know what's on the other side. I'm not suggesting that you're suicidal. I'm merely suggesting that too often we don't take a step back and enjoy the simple things in life like just sitting and listening to leaves rumble along the ground or when that nice cool breeze hugs your face as it passes by. Or even that awesome taste you get when you bite into a honeydew melon or some juicy grapes. If you appreciate this, you will never be depressed, ever. Why? Because you've discovered the simplicities of existence and no one can take that away from you.

I also wake up every morning and tell myself that my life is probably 1000x's more better than the billions of people that live on this earth, and you should too because your life probably is better than a significant majority of people living today.

A good recommendation is to just camping by yourself or with a good friend....just to get away. Maybe do some fishing.
            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Localizer
              I'll make this short and quick. Depression is for pussies. And I can say this. My grandfather (whom I never got to meet), was depressed and shot himself in the head when my mom was 16. My grandmother tried to OD a few times due to depression. She later was consumed by psychosis and schizophrenia. I apparently am prone to depression but.....

I've realized that the sun goes up and the sun goes down, and you should be grateful that you can see that happen everyday because you don't know what's on the other side. I'm not suggesting that you're suicidal. I'm merely suggesting that too often we don't take a step back and enjoy the simple things in life like just sitting and listening to leaves rumble along the ground or when that nice cool breeze hugs your face as it passes by. Or even that awesome taste you get when you bite into a honeydew melon or some juicy grapes. If you appreciate this, you will never be depressed, ever. Why? Because you've discovered the simplicities of existence and no one can take that away from you.

I also wake up every morning and tell myself that my life is probably 1000x's more better than the billions of people that live on this earth, and you should too because your life probably is better than a significant majority of people living today.

A good recommendation is to just camping by yourself or with a good friend....just to get away. Maybe do some fishing.

I agree one hundred %!

When my daughter was born 10 years ago my wife went from this fun bubbly woman to getting "baby blues"(something to do with all the hormones being released all at once with the c section she had) to chronic depression to being diagnosed with bi polar 2 years ago when she decided to divorce me on the advice of her phychologist!

My medical bills were in the millions with private hospitals, the quacks, the medication and the treatment centres - one of which was for all kinds of conditions and she landed up meeting a heroin addict who got her hooked on drugs.

So for the person who has watched the woman he loved become useless due to the lithium that she was taking or to not remembering who I was after electric shock treatments to looking after my daughter on my own due to long hospitilization periods the frustration of not being able to help her was huge.

So I empathise with anyone who is looking after a person who is suffering from depression out there as it is a silent relationship killer if they are not strong enough.

The sun comes up and the sun goes down and everyday i thank God for my daughter he gave me.

Dhar hang in there bud if I read into your situation the things bugging you are temporary and workable - and your attitude to resolve your situation will see you through!

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Just noticed this ...

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                ok. facts/goals

the unconfirmed work or not pisses me off with the house implications - action: look for other work in the men time, and see what pans out. one of them is bound to pan out.
                Lucrative eh?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

hey everyones gotta have men time!!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nick007
                    I agree one hundred %!

When my daughter was born 10 years ago my wife went from this fun bubbly woman to getting "baby blues"(something to do with all the hormones being released all at once with the c section she had) to chronic depression to being diagnosed with bi polar 2 years ago when she decided to divorce me on the advice of her phychologist!

My medical bills were in the millions with private hospitals, the quacks, the medication and the treatment centres - one of which was for all kinds of conditions and she landed up meeting a heroin addict who got her hooked on drugs.

So for the person who has watched the woman he loved become useless due to the lithium that she was taking or to not remembering who I was after electric shock treatments to looking after my daughter on my own due to long hospitilization periods the frustration of not being able to help her was huge.

So I empathise with anyone who is looking after a person who is suffering from depression out there as it is a silent relationship killer if they are not strong enough.

The sun comes up and the sun goes down and everyday i thank God for my daughter he gave me.

Dhar hang in there bud if I read into your situation the things bugging you are temporary and workable - and your attitude to resolve your situation will see you through!
                    whoa! sorry to hear about that nick!

i am well aware that my situation is far better than millions of other people and that there lots of things to be grateful for!

its the old adige of not being able to see the wood for the trees!

i'll get through it! just need some time! the problem is there doesnt seem to be an immediately obvious way out!

life is a chain of lulls and struggles! thats what makes it interesting. see u on the other side!

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                      • Mar 2008

hey those desperate and alone times are great for getting stuff sorted.

depression is the enemy of each improvement no? "forget yourself" and charge it! the best wings are woven by strivings.

just some shit i've been tellin ma'self, so i don't transform into a negative nancy or a downer debbie.
                      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• AndyH
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Localizer
                        Depression is for pussies.....

My grandmother tried to OD a few times due to depression. She later was consumed by psychosis and schizophrenia.
                        Cmon man, surely what happened to your grandma (which im really sorry to heat about btw), shows that your forst statement is pretty retarded. There are so many different extents of depression, ranging from monday blues to what happened to your Grandma/Grandad, that saying depression is for pussies is just ignorant and actually quite insulting to anyone who suffers from it.
                        [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

I thought that comment was a bit harsh also, but I think I see his point.. true there are a lot of people that suffer from it, but I'm sure there are also quite a few that use it as an excuse to moan about shit that is relatively easily fixed if they just took the time and werent so self involved and full of self pity.. looking to drugs and so called "dr's" to fix things when all that typically does is mask a problem that is just going to manifest

after my gf and I split up, I went through some very dark times getting caught up in my own mind, but I realised what was going on and just forced myself to change my routines, get outside more, and actually got together with my ex and just let A LOT of stuff out.. it was unbelievably therapeutic, and she was a tremendous help.. ultimately off the back of that we are very good friends now.. so that, with the help of 5HTP and vitamin c (i also found out I'm hypoglycemic) has made a world of difference in my outlook on things and life in general.. living on the beach doesnt hurt either.. its amazing what watching a nice sunset with dolphins swimming around in the gulf can do for the mind

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Dolphins just depress me - chirpy little fuckers.

From now on its un-dolphin-friendly tuna for me !!
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                              • Mar 2008

^ fuck that shit. i surf with dolphins, they ward off teh sharkeez. peace it ezz g.
                              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• simonr
                                Transitionator
                                • Jun 2004

^ hey ... I had a bad experience as a kid after this one nicked my football and wouldn't give it me back.

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...