X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Consider This

As of right now, this is Sarah Palin's score card, in terms of things that have been nationally televised:

Pros:
    Convention Speech
    Better than expected debate performance
    Two Fox News "interviews"

Cons:
    Charlies Gibson Interview (considering this a net negative because she got so much bad press from the "Bush doctrine" thing)
    Katie Couric Interview

This is really all we've seen, and it's all we're going to see, because there are no more debates, and she has no more plans to give any interviews. For the vast majority of us that will not have the opportunity to see her in person giving a stump speech, we're being asked to elect her second in command based upon this very small amount of information.

Here's the even scarier thing, though. Evidently, Palin learned that her campaign was pulling out of Michigan second hand, through the media (I guess through one of those newspapers that she wasn't able to identify ). We're being kept in the dark as voters, and she's being kept in the dark as a candidate. The other candidates are vetted to the public through months and months of constant attention, and we're being asked to decide she's ready to step in as president if need be based upon around 5 hours of coverage, some of which irreversibly confirmed her inadequacy to be president. It's an insult to our intelligence, and McCain ought to be ashamed for asking us to swallow it.
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Consider This

welcome to Russia. That is exactly what this has all become.

Here's my favourite quote of hers, which has been ironically absent from media discussion.

""As we send our young men and women overseas in a war zone to fight for democracy and freedoms, including freedom of the press, we've really got to have a mutually beneficial relationship here with those fighting the freedom of the press, and then the press, though not taking advantage and exploiting a situation, perhaps they would want to capture and abuse the privilege. We just want truth, we want fairness, we want balance."
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner

Here's my favourite quote of hers, which has been ironically absent from media discussion.
      Wow.

You know, the funny thing is that McCain got to where he is via the press, and the guy was an absolute media darling for most of his career. Now, he turns on the media, and they turn right back on him. I actually think the mainstream media has been more critical of McCain of late -- even Fox News has been harder on him than I would have expected -- but what the hell did he expect? Dance with the one that brought you, IMO.

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

I've seen a lot of reactions in the blogosphere about libertarians and fellow conservatives start pointing out the absurd, obscene, silly, dangerous, and unknowing blunders of the McCain camp. Generally the discussion will start out as, "....but you weren't critical about McCain until September, and now you hardly mention Obama at all..." If McCain had not run what I think amounts to the most dishonest campaign of all time (things used to be civil), and combined with picking an inexperienced blunder-prone Veep, as well as his campaign being an utter mess, it is hard to continue ignoring them for the sake of pointing out Obamas flaws. I think corollary to the point you made about the press becoming more hostile to the McCain camp is that they had not been so in the past; he has been a darling of the media for years, and he was deserving of that until last year.

One more thing I want to point out, because it is certainly under a 'consider this' headline: there have been several calls for Palin to release her medical records and to have the hospital release its full records on Trig Palin. I've long thought that this was pointless and absurd until reading that the hospital actually does not have any record of Trig being born in it: hundreds of births a year and this one is mistakenly not recorded? Palin's demands for transparency must start with her. I had dismissed that something was fishy about Trigs birth weeks ago, and now this has rekindled it.

check it out: http://www.matsuregional.com/nursery...th=4&year=2008
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

even though they are not using last names - I think you would still have to sign something to have your kids birth pic and parents names stuck on the hospital website. ie they would have to opt in to that particular announcement page.

that doesn't rule out unfair play elsewhere though. Im sure theres more of a story i dont know about.
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

presumably there is an explanation. however, none has been given and the mccain camp keeps telling us to take it as a fact. i post this to overcome such a presumption.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

Ventura was right you guys need a vote of non-confidence... Funny we are having our own election in Canada on October 14th.. Right now Harper is still in the lead but the Liberals and NDP are catching him... I hope the NDP win just for a change.. The Conservatives and liberals have been in office forever and I think it is time for some new meat..

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

verily an insult this whole era of hoodwinking is. kinda reminds me of this...

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

presumably there is an explanation. however, none has been given and the mccain camp keeps telling us to take it as a fact. i post this to overcome such a presumption.

I know this isnt GYY - but I saw this - and thought of this thread

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...