X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

where has all the house gone?

listening to ren1, the original, disk 1, and even had NE part 1 on last night.

where the hell has all the house gone?

its like im living in german minimalist hell lately.

where's the fucking soul, the groove, the organic house i grew up loving. even nick warrens prague CD..

have beatport up in another tab as i write this, and im staring at the original bedrock releases, like Gpal - nervouse/nuance, old evolution, MAS collective, all brilliant... WAXX from pole folder, etc. al

i pop on anyone's new mixes and i feel like im listening to a TRON soundtrack. shit, the song they did at the end of revenge of the nerds had a more housey feel to it, and they had takashi on a gong and booger on a guitar.

where the fuckin house go>?

all this shitty stuff lately is bleep bleep, echoed bleeps, boops, bops, echoed kicks. melodies apparantly are illegal to produce unless you live in south america.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: where has all the house gone?

Let's see in the P/R in the last month I have seen DJ Sneak, Terry Todd, Dennis Ferrer, Bure One's new mix, Mazi, Jimpster, Audio Soul Project, and a couple other house style mixes, they are out there, just many sets posted everyday things are getting pushed to the back pages without any proper due. Don't give up Sean, house is here to stay.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• lilsensa
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

It hasnt gone anywhere... Try Jimpster, Milton Jackson, sometimes Solomun, TLB, Timewriter, etc...
      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Yeah Lilsensa you got it, you got it. Timewriter and Milton Jackson are the shiiiittte.
        Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

some labels are nuts lately

dyami
          glidescope
          anything that the blacklight soociety touch
          johann vermuler

but overall, those classic soundscapes just arent around.

thank god for jodi wistendorff, if it werent for him, i would be punching the monitor.

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

im gonna wreck ableton this weekend. thats for sure. count on 4-5 hours of sets being posted in PR.

also, check the newer sets i gave to ben, i think he threw em up on my site.

dont get me wrong, there are some solid DJ's spinning it, HOLOSOUND OF NOTE, alex and noah seem to handle a great mix of techy, housey, funky stuff. but like, outside of nick warren, its almost like ritchie hawtin fucked johnny 5 and the resulting virus spread to everyone.

its just, i dunno, the soul has been taken from house and nowadays its like people literally are following a forumla , using only 6 channels on thier recording info (kick, bass, 2 cymbal, effect, effect, and woosh). the last 20 minutes of ren1, cd1, is quite possibly the greatest moment in house ever, and people arent even trying any more. electro had more substance.

im only ranting cuz i went through bedrock's catalogue and noticed it went from people like terry grant and others, to guy J, who i thikn did his whole new album on one machine, and just shifted things arend for each song. outside of the club mixes on pressure and save me, there isnt a damn tune in there that can move me.

house needs a new, momumental mix cd to come out, nothing like transistions or the kilt, but new, refreshing songs that arent minimal or even stereotyped, just a mix of flowing wide angled house.

Comment

• coleby761
              Are you Kidding me??
              • May 2008

I do agree with you shawn. Thats why I'm just hammering the old stuff and tried to track down every set from Add2basket, Luke Fair, Ricky Ryan, Lucas Abadi, and obviously TLB and Timewriter drop some of the greatest house I've listened to. I posted somewhere earlier that I understand it's progressive music but I don't like the direction it has taken. And couldn't agree more how people can dance to and enjoy fucking minimal is beyond me. It sounds like my two young children playing with their toys and opening doors and creeky chairs. To each their own but I don't get it. Think it was the same with the electro bullshit couple years ago. Just give me a Fucking melody for Christ's sake!!! Would also like to hear the other side of the argument on this one.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this.... and I'm also glad I didn't start this thread.

Maybe that's why I never got a Happy Birthday thread last month... cause I've bitched about music so much.

Comment

• BureOne
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

loads of Terry Lee Brown and Timewriter; also some Ian Pooley, Shur-I-Kan and Luke Fair.. not to mention me myself and I motherfucker

I've got a nice warm up deep house that was in the works but these playoffs have gotten in my way!

Comment

• ddr
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                    where the fuckin house go>?

all this shitty stuff lately is bleep bleep, echoed bleeps, boops, bops, echoed kicks. melodies apparantly are illegal to produce unless you live in south america.
                    i think Jenks can answer that for you... he is the resident 'bleep bleep bloop' guy around these parts.
                    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by hypoluxxa

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this.... and I'm also glad I didn't start this thread.

Maybe that's why I never got a Happy Birthday thread last month... cause I've bitched about music so much.

that would be pretty on spot. i bitch about it too and I didn't get one either. happy belated, hypoluxxa!
                      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

I've been listening to tons of quality house music lately. Not looking in the right place maybe? Then again, i see Nick Warren in this thread, so...maybe our definition of quality house music is different.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                          that would be pretty on spot. i bitch about it too and I didn't get one either. happy belated, hypoluxxa!
                          THANKS... It was a big birthday too.... 4

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                            Anyone have Styx livesets?
                            • Jun 2004

Seamus Haji just released a 2cd set on the Big Love label
                            the shapeshifeters released a 3cd set in August on Defected which was great

Dj Sneak has done some excellent live sets this year

it all depends on what kind of house you like.

Unfortunately Frankie Knuckles lost his foot tho
                            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                              Not cool enough
                              • Jun 2004

Dyami is my man Dubfunk's label. Always putting out some sick stuff. I'd say within two years you'll be seeing a Dubfunk GU.
                              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...