X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: 2nd Presidential Debate

Trying to look at it objectively McCain continually looking backward, Obama continually looking forward.

Really points out the age difference!!

Subjectively, I HATED McCain.!!! Everything about him !!! He is pretty well prepared to say and do anything now, of course he can promise to buy out mortgages , he's is ever going to have to make good on the promise.!!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• sammwalk
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

honestly I thought neither of them did great. they both stammered a bit, and yes the attacks were too scripted on both sides. got in the way. i thought McCain started out good then went downhill, whereas it was the opposite with Obama.

the "That one" comment will be played out by the media, but there was nothing to it. seriously that's unfair to McCain. poor choice of words, nothing more.

one thing I couldn't help but chuckle about was McCain's "steady hand on the tiller" remark when it's obvious that he's got the shakes from age and also that the main reason he's notable is because he crashed an airplane!

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

I dont really get into politics (because I simply hate it) but McCain is just not presidential material (or any other material), staggering around, aged (which in the current times is critical), attacking the other to make yourself look good talking about how the wall street and people in DC were clobbering down gobs of cash when he's sitting on 13 bungalows just blows my mind. If he really gave a shit for this country, he shoulda started donating every bit of excess he had floundering around.

Between the two, I felt Obama has a better grip on the present situation and offered more of a realistic approach to how he intends to solve it. McCain just did his darnest to prove he had no idea what to do walking into the oval office.

After 20 minutes of that, it was back to the beer.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• superdave
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I agree with many others that the debate was boring. I couldn't even watch more then a few minutes without changing the channel. They didn't say anything new and sometimes just avoided questions by answering with a canned response.

For example, Obama was asked if he would wait or not on the U.N.'s approval if Israel was attacked by Iran. His answer was that Iran should not be allowed a nuclear weapon. No one asked him about nuclear weapons and he never answered the question directly. He skirted around the issue. McCain answered directly that he would not wait and China and Russia would interfere with the U.N. security council doing anything.
          Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Misspent Youth
            Getting warmed up
            • Sep 2008

They're both a couple of ass clowns and I've lost every ounce of respect I had for either one of them during this election and debate cycle. This baffoonary has escalated into a bunch of childish name calling and snide remarks of why the other should not be president. Not one of them have give a good reason why he should be president policy wise or morally.

Neither one of them can answer a straight question. They side step the issues and both blatantly contradict themselves, sometimes in the same sentence.

I wish I could vote NO CONFIDENCE, we seem to have deteriorated into a confederacy of dunces in this country and this election cycle only proves that point further.

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Giving McCain the benefit of every doubt here, the best that could be said is that he tied, and in this situation, tie goes to the leader.

Really surprised McCain wasn't throwing haymakers. He threw out a number of snarky comments, none of which seemed to go over very well, but he didn't do anything that seemed like it was designed to really change things up. Almost felt like he was throwing in the towel, like his heart wasn't in it...

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI0iIOqPGak[/YOUTUBE]

either mccain is a dishonorable jackass, or he's a racist. your pick.
                I actually thought they shook hands immediately following the debate, which is why they were standing in front of Brokaw's teleprompter at the close. Could be wrong about that because I didn't actually see a shake, but that's the impression I had.

Still, it looks in this clip like Obama is reaching out for a handshake, not sure why McCain would not take that opportunity, especially given the criticism of his icy demeanor in the last debate.

Comment

• shosh
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Fez Up
                  I dont really get into politics (because I simply hate it) but McCain is just not presidential material (or any other material), staggering around, aged (which in the current times is critical), attacking the other to make yourself look good talking about how the wall street and people in DC were clobbering down gobs of cash when he's sitting on 13 bungalows just blows my mind. If he really gave a shit for this country, he shoulda started donating every bit of excess he had floundering around.

Between the two, I felt Obama has a better grip on the present situation and offered more of a realistic approach to how he intends to solve it. McCain just did his darnest to prove he had no idea what to do walking into the oval office.

After 20 minutes of that, it was back to the beer.
                  it still boggles my mind that obama cries that he wants to help impoverished americans and countries around the world, that mccain has umpteen cars and homes, yet hes raked in over 400 million dollars in donations for his campain, over 65 million in august alone. if he was the standup guy he claims, why didnt he put that money to better use?
                  that goes for mccain too. im sick of seeing candidates using our money for their campaigns - both presidential and others too. also how can they all still take home their senators' and governor's sallaries when they arent doing jack shit for their jobs?

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Originally posted by shosh
                    it still boggles my mind that obama cries that he wants to help impoverished americans and countries around the world, that mccain has umpteen cars and homes, yet hes raked in over 400 million dollars in donations for his campain, over 65 million in august alone. if he was the standup guy he claims, why didnt he put that money to better use?
                    that goes for mccain too. im sick of seeing candidates using our money for their campaigns - both presidential and others too. also how can they all still take home their senators' and governor's sallaries when they arent doing jack shit for their jobs?
                    I agree with your point but what obama has raked in for his campaign (which I'm sure mccain isnt doing his for free by a long shot) is for the "business side" of their campaigns, but having said that, Obama is no where near as rich as McCain and so is stands to be arguably justified why Obama's "empire" of cash couldn't be shared off hand in comparison to the fact that a huge chunk of cash from one of the largest brewery's in the US was available to senor` mccain.

and all he could do throughout the debate was try and ridicule Obama's spending policy.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Fez Up
                      and all he could do throughout the debate was try and ridicule Obama's spending policy.
                      which I felt was pretty lame in and of itself.

the biggest spending hog is the Iraq war, Obama wants out but McCain insists on "military success" which will never come. any other spending is small compared to this.
                      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• k3n3
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by shosh
                        yet hes raked in over 400 million dollars in donations for his campain, over 65 million in august alone.
                        it's looking more & more like BO is getting money from shady sources...

This week, CBS News discovered two Obama contributors who gave $7,722 using fake identities, "Dahsudhu Hdusahfd of Df, Hawaii," employed by "CZXVC/ZXVZXV" and "Uadhshgu Hduadh of Dhff, Fla.," who works for "DASADA/SAFASE."

Today anyone, anyplace in the world, holding an internationally valid credit card, can easily make a campaign contribution via the internet. As such, foreigners can now fund a US election with millions of small donations of under $200.00 each, and there is no recourse before the election.

From this article, note that all those identified as fraudulent donations are from people who took no unusual effort to hide that they were illegal donors. Now imagine in that list, people who deliberately attempted to hide that they were from overseas and forbidden to give donations.

The screwed up thing is, the "Campaign Finance Reform" that McCain is so proud of (McCain / Fiengold), made this all possible...

And in case no one else has noticed yet... George Soros now officially "owns" the Democratic Party...
                        Q: What do Osama and Obama have in common???
                        A: They both have a friend that blew up the Pentagon!

http://dontvoteobama.net

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by k3n3
                          it's looking more & more like BO is getting money from shady sources...

Isn't this pretty much a rewording of the article you posted the other day? Rehashing the same facts does not constitute new evidence, nor does another news outlet picking up the same story mean that anything is "looking more and more like" anything.

Right wing echo chamber strikes again...

Comment

• nsite
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

n/m
                            ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                              "that one"
                              Seriously, WTF was this all about? I know there are those that think this had racial overtones and I don't agree with that, but at a minimum it's pretty condescending. Was it supposed to be funny? Was it an effort to knock Obama down a peg? Was it just an instance of McCain's contempt for Obama percolating to the surface?

Even if I give him the benefit of every doubt, I have no idea what the strategy would be with that comment, or under what circumstances it would help him. Serious question, anyone care to offer any thoughts?

Comment

• Kamal
                                Administrator
                                • May 2002

he's a few steps of ahead of Palin in the intellectual race ?
                                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...