• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XxxstaticxxX
    Getting warmed up
    • Oct 2006

DJing Loop/CD player question

Hi,

I used to use software and have since moved into CDJ400's. I used to be able to automatically loop 8 beats over and over so I could introduce incoming sounds slowly into the mix and then release the loop when the time was right, but being new to the CDJ400's it looks like you have to set the loop manually. Does that mean that I have to get the timing on the beginning and end of the loop perfectly to be able to do this or is there some trick to it?

Also, and excuse my ignorance as I'm a little new to this still , but what is cueing, what is the cue button, how do you use it? Much thanks in advance!
    Cheers!

Haroun
  • pr0ficient
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2006

Re: Loop/CD player question

but what is cueing, what is the cue button, how do you use it? Much thanks in advance!
    lol, figure that out before you try using loops!

The looping capabilities on any CDJ are good but they are severely limited in comparison to what software like Traktor or Ableton can provide.

With CDJs you have to set the loop manually by pressing the loop in/loop cue button at the start of the loop and the loop out button at the precise place you want the loop to end or repeat. However, if you don't get it exactly right the first time you can adjust the loop end point in intervals of 1/75th of a second by pressing the loop out/adjust button and moving the jog wheel once the loop has already begun. It won't get it exact and seamless like software can, but it can get it pretty close.
    Last edited by pr0ficient; October 8, 2008, 01:33:21 PM.

Comment

Working...