• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Not Presidential

Seen this new ad yet from McCain?

Gotta say, I'm not sure how looping footage of Obama calmly saying that the McCain camp is lying is supposed to help McCain. It'd be one thing if he were doing something really over the top or obnoxious, but with all the shit that has flown about this election, Obama just saying, "here’s a situation where folks are lying," is pretty low on the offensiveness scale. I was frankly glad when Obama finally started using "The 'L' Word" to describe what was coming out of the McCain camp, because dancing around it wasn't really working.

Just a few weeks ago, the McCain camp got called out by every major news organization, INCLUDING FOX NEWS for making demonstrably false claims, right around the same time his polling numbers started to take a nose dive. That has largely passed, as the campaigns have moved on to other things -- does he really want to remind voters of that time?
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Not Presidential

just to comment on the fox news part, thier new editor in chief is trying to push them to the middle, independent news, they arent there yet, but compared to his predassesor, this guy is impacting thier coverage.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

^ There has been a slight move away from McCain's wrinkled old nuts, but not very far.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

gah, im so sick of this. obama = dumb negro, mccain = dumb caucasian. but i really really really hope obama gets a bullet in the head. then i dont have to listen to toasty nit pick everything and shosh come up with 6 degrees of kevin bacon ideas about barak being bad. i pray to god that i wake up and bob barr somehow won the election. or even kuchinich by some godly intervention. obama reminds me of a mortgage salesman, selling shit people dont really need based on a pipe dream, and mccain reminds me of a catholic school principle telling you the punishment builds character.

Comment

• MJDub
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

lol say hi to the secret service for me.
          http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

HI. didnt say i would do it, i just want it to happen. either of them will tear this nation apart.

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

ya cause we all know we need the libertarian party to bring us back to the dawn of the 20th century. They'll fix everything right? I mean, let's all have a hypocrite like Bob Barr take charge or a racist like Ron Paul.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

bob barr is the only guy i have seen admit he was wrong, and go beyond, act to fix his mistakes.

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                  bob barr is the only guy i have seen admit he was wrong, and go beyond, act to fix his mistakes.
                  He hasn't done anything to fix his mistakes. Who are you kidding.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thesightless
                    • Jun 2004

he has tried, unfortunetly, US congress requires majority. the guy doesnt justify his mistakes, he admitted em, and at last gave it a shot, unlike, i was for the war before i was against the war, and some of the shit comin outta nobama and mcsame.

Comment

• Localizer
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jul 2004

he has tried, unfortunetly, US congress requires majority. the guy doesnt justify his mistakes, he admitted em, and at last gave it a shot, unlike, i was for the war before i was against the war, and some of the shit comin outta nobama and mcsame.
                      he admitted them? more like he voted for crap and then said "i'm sorry"
                      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thesightless
                        • Jun 2004

and then tried to put forth legislation to change. unlike these idiots, but hey, im not gonna change your mind, just forewarn you, you will get what ya ask for, and its not gonna be what yer hoping for.

/done

Comment

• Jenks
                          I'm kind of a big deal.
                          • Jun 2004

/done

Comment

Working...