My roommate's girlfriend is pregnant... and I'm drunk again.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

My roommate's girlfriend is pregnant... and I'm drunk again.

and I'm drunk again. I just walked home from mroommates sister's halloween houseparty ,and I neeed to vent agian. I just found out earlier that my roommate's girlfriend is pregnant, and my roommate wants to move out withinthe next 2 months. They both want to keep the child (good) , but they want to live together. Roomie said he wants to moveout by dec 1st , which is 1 month before our lease ends.

This dude is the best/coolest roommate I've had ever. I definitely don't want him moving out, but he said he wants to bail before the lease even ends. I currentl y live in Kansas Cityand have been thinking about moving to sAN Francisco for a few yeARs now. I wAnt to move, but don'[t think it's going to happy for probably at least a year still. I'm not too sure what to do right now, because I'll have the hosue to myself as soon as he decides he & his gielfriend decide to live together.

I don't know what to do. I have one guy in mind that might want to liv e with me... but the dude I'm currently living with is the most compatible with me, if you know what I mean. I'm not ready to get a new roommate, I'm more than happy witht he one i have now; we cook dinner each night, and eat well... we share everything. It's the first dude I've lived with that's been so cool, and I doubt I;ll find anybody else. I ha ve one guy and one girl in mind that I might be able to live with, but other than that I'm lost. I don't want to move otu of this house, because I have a pool table & a washer/dryer, which aren't ecxactly the easiest things t move around between houses;. Idon;t know what to think. My sister's currently 6 monthjs pregnant, so I know he's probably realizing real quick that he needs to settle down with his 26(? 27?)-year-old girlfriend, but I'm not ready to give him up.

I'm starting to get lost.
  • Platinum
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

i hope all works out for u man... i love how u understand it all and realize the situation so fully... the fact that u do will make it that much easier for u to make a decision and whatever u decide will be right cause u do see all the angles... i cant really give u an answer cause there isnt one but my bros roomie is moving in with his girl and leaving him stranded kinda as well so i understand... whatever u pick will be good im sure all the best with it... cheers
    Enjoy

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Re: My roommate's girlfriend is pregnant... and I'm drunk ag

Originally posted by picklemonkey
      but the dude I'm currently living with is the most compatible with me, if you know what I mean.
      No sir I don't know what you mean. But I can tell you this: it does suck when good roommates decide to move out. I had one good roommate out of 6 my entire life and it sucked when he broke his leg, couldn't work anymore, and had to move back to the town he was from so that he could live with his mom. It is a part of life though.

Is your roomie going to at least pay you for the last month of rent or is that not even an issue? Only reason I ask is I had a guy bail on me (awesome friend beforehand) 3 months after we signed a lease and because of the situation we were in (I was his boss and it was against company policy that we even hung out after work) I couldn't really dick with him so he ended up being into me for 9 months of rent which I have still yet to see 4 years after the fact.

Definitely feel for you man because it seems like you really like this cat and the two of you mesh well. I'm sure once your alcohol induced stupor wears off you'll be able to look at it through clear eyes and do the right thing for you and your pool table. My only piece of advice is probably an obvious one to most but it wasn't to me at the time: if your financial situation allows it, attempt to avoid all possible knee-jerk reactions and make a decision that is going to make you happy. Your long-term happiness is far more important than getting a roommate that you don't neccesarily care for to help with the rent/mortgage so that you can eat at the Outback 3 extra times a month.
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• arielus
        He's back, in Pog form
        • Jun 2004

take it easy bro...
        you just found out... so you feel panic, that's normal...
        wish him luck. help him with this new parenting experience, i bet is quite overwhelming for him too...

about the house, see what happens with the other guy and the girl.. use this time to get to know them better... who knows.. maybe you find something different that makes you feel good...

and if everything fails, see if you can get me a job.. i'd share a house with you :P
        http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
        http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
        http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• arielus
          He's back, in Pog form
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
          I was his boss and it was against company policy that we even hung out after work

is that for real??? can they do that?? i mean, messing with your private life is not cool at all...

make a decision that is going to make you happy
          this is the best advise
          http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
          http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
          http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by arielus
            I was his boss and it was against company policy that we even hung out after work

is that for real??? can they do that?? i mean, messing with your private life is not cool at all...
            Yes. There was to be no fraternizing between salaried employees and hourly employees. Many, many companies here in the states have policies like this. Having lived through it with several companies I can definitely see both sides of the issue. There were managers that abused this and gave preferential treatment to their subordinates because they were buddy-buddy with them outside of work. IMO however it can stifle the creative-thinking process and ultimately lead to a stale work environment because the employees feel out-of-touch with their leadership team.

Comment

• MJ
              Here since 2002
              • Jun 2004

Sounds to me Pickles that you should be batting for the opposing team. Why don`t you just tell him you love him and put yourself out of your misery. Drunk talk is good honest true talk. :P
              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• supaz
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by arielus

Freakin' McDonald's sucks! I didn't know they were militant like that!

Comment

• supaz
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I'm sorry to hear about your roomate situation and all...
                  the most important thing is that you guys still remain friends and keep in touch.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    • Jun 2004

My head hurts. Bad.

I've had a lot of roommates, and this one's definitely the coolest. It's the first one I haven't had to worry about buying my own food, don't have to worry about keeping track of where all my stuff's at, etc. Ya know, we'll alternate and cook big meals all the time, and you know that you don't have to worry about paying for the food because you'll catch up with the next meal. etc. All my past roommates have been cool, but they've usually been stiffs that eat mcdonalds every day, are gone all the time, and will just take/use whatever they want and never return it.

It also means I'm going to have to buy a PS2 so I can keep playing the 3 GTA games that I've bought, I'll need to buy a couch and/or chairs/recliners, and I'll probably have to buy a good soundsystem for my living room because I don't think I'll like not having bass when I run over hooker pedestrians/watch tv. Fuck it.

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by supaz
                      It was actually Dairy Queen. Get it right!

Comment

• supaz
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by supaz
                        It was actually Dairy Queen. Get it right!

Comment

• picklemonkey
                          • Jun 2004

Oh, and the dog that we got when she was 4 weeks old. Have to part with that one too

Comment

• skahound
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jun 2004

If the dog in the avatar is the dog you speak of then I'm sure it's gonna be tough for you.

Comment

• GrantT
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Man, that sucks that you may be a bit more distant from your mate. Here's my story.. take it as you will.

I have lived with my (female) best friend of 6 years for the last 5 years. About two months ago her boyfriend moved in who's also been a great mate of mine for the last 18 months. Now, when you've got something that 'works' like her and I do you're always loathe to upset the balance. We're cool - why rock the boat? But I decided to go with it... so although change can often be scary - something even better can come out of it.

You just never know what's around the corner bud. There's a silver lining here somewhere. Trust me.
                              Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

Working...