• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

DJing Traktor Scratch & Mixers

Just 2 questions for any of you TS folks:

1. Any issues/limitations with using TS with certain mixers? For instance, would my Pioneer DJM 300 work with this thing? I'd hate to get the box and then find that I have to get a completely different mixer...

2. I keep seeing stuff online about Traktor Scratch and Traktor Scratch Pro. Now as I understand it, TS is the only think that has been out there to buy. TS Pro is coming out in Nov. and is a free upgrade for exist in TS users - is this correct? I just need to get this right bc it gets confusing when looking for deals online...I want to know if that good deal is bc it's an older generation product version.

Thanks.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav
  • akashanelson
    Getting Somewhere
    • May 2006

Re: Traktor Scratch & Mixers

Not sure about that particular mixer but I have had some issues with 2 channel analog mixers before ie only phono and line in. But I have an 800 and most clubs user xones or 800's - so no issues there.

From what I've read in other forums Pro should be an update that you can dl from NI's Service centre if you are an existing user of T3 or TS. What I can't work out is whether the two will interface anymore ie currently I prefer to use T3, but you need TS to unlock the vinyl control feature... i'm not sure whether both applications will be identical, or that TS Pro will have all the same features of Pro but Pro won't have vinyl control and will be designed purely for controller based users?
    Mixes and other stuff "click here"

Comment

• pr0ficient
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Miroslav
      1. Any issues/limitations with using TS with certain mixers? For instance, would my Pioneer DJM 300 work with this thing? I'd hate to get the box and then find that I have to get a completely different mixer...
      There is no limitation for the mixer. You can use Traktor/Traktor Scratch with any mixer as long as it has at least one audio line input (preferably 2 if you plan on using vinyl control).

However, remember that you must have NI's audio dj 8 audio interface to unlock the vinyl control capabilities within Traktor (in other words, you can't use any other sound card)

2. I keep seeing stuff online about Traktor Scratch and Traktor Scratch Pro. Now as I understand it, TS is the only think that has been out there to buy. TS Pro is coming out in Nov. and is a free upgrade for exist in TS users - is this correct? I just need to get this right bc it gets confusing when looking for deals online...I want to know if that good deal is bc it's an older generation product version.
      Traktor Pro & Traktor Scratch Pro will consist of the exact same software when it comes out November 1st. However, Traktor Scratch Pro will come with the Audio DJ 8 and control vinyl/CDs that are needed to unlock the DVS function.

As for the free upgrade, it's only free for people who have purchased both Traktor 3 AND Traktor Scratch. Right now, if you only have Traktor Scratch you'll have to upgrade to Traktor 3 for $100 before you'll get the free upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro.

So, if you haven't bought Traktor or Traktor Scratch yet...WAIT until November 1st b/c then you can buy it all together in one package, saving you $100.

Comment

• Caley Martin
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Oct 2004

there's actually a grace period, if you buy TS after October 5th, then you qualify for a free upgrade to Pro...
        For your aural infusion of Caley:
        http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
        http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
        http://ultrawizardsword.net
        RA: Caley

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

My TS came today. . . FUCKING WONDERFUL piece of equipment!!!
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...