• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Discogs . com

Originally posted by kassios
    hahahah i bet you already spent a fortune on those plastics!!!well it's better than spending it on digital IMO!!!!
    Im sure I have.. how much.. have no clue. With time; you dont really feel it. Good thing!

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
    how is the marketplace system? trustworthy? any dodgy transactions

(oddly enough I just posted this question on another board)
    I've only made one transaction and it was perfect. I would say use the same methods you would at Gemm and Ebay. Pick your sellers wisely.

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
      Have to get a free weekend to start uploading some of my vinyl, I just look at all these crates in my room, the dust is starting to form in piles. There is Schiller Ruhe sitting in a pile with Xpress 2 Muzik Xpress, geez.
      Not sure if I understood you correctly, but you dont really need to upload anything to discogs. Unless your piece of vinyl is not listed.

I've just been searching for my vinyls on the database and when I find them I just click on the "Add to collection" option.

If you mean upload them as in convert them to digital..... man o' man.. Im not sure if I'll ever be able to do that.

Comment

• kassios
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BureOne
        Im sure I have.. how much.. have no clue. With time; you dont really feel it. Good thing!

I've only made one transaction and it was perfect. I would say use the same methods you would at Gemm and Ebay. Pick your sellers wisely.
        True that^
        The worst that can happen is buy a vinyl which is worn out that's another thing with vinyl if it's been jammed for 1000123 times it wont have the same sound quality...
        http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• Weizy
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Jun 2004

this is a great site. i have been using it for years and more recently I have been using it to go back and find tracks from years long past. awesome awesome site for archiving but not so much for recent releases like Darin stated

Comment

• BureOne
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

^ Yeah I totally agree with that. anything new, well..its al digital so I dont care. But all of the old vinyl.. its great like you said.. Archiving!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

I just recently got the first POLE LP on Discogs. As I couldn't find it anywhere else and am very happy about the transaction.
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

i'm a member, but i never realised u could do this.

hmmm. sounds like a plan!

thanks da headz up!

Comment

Working...