X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Discogs . com

Anyone have an account set up with them?

When I used to search for those gems, discogs would always come up on the google search and I would think I had hit the jackpot.. only to find out it was just an informational database!

So I started using it purely for "additional" information when searching for those sought after records, using label info and label url's to purchase directly from the labels or get free mp3's from them.

Its grown to be a very nice site and now there is a marketplace similar to Gemm.

I finally joined in 2004 and just recently started adding my shit.

I always wanted to archive all my records and originally planned to do it off of an Excel spreadsheet but this is wayyyyyy better!! and faster.

I would like to browse some of the members collections, for sale and wantlists...

I give it a 10+ A+!

• res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Discogs . com

I have had an account forever on there. Now that I check since 2001

My list on there is for sure not up to date though. I went thru and added alot of my vinyl, but not all of it is on there, and nothing near my cd collection which I havent bothered with as I've got about 600 discs now.

Always loved this site and it keeps getting better.

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

wow nice stuff there!.. I saw David Alvarado - Midnight Express, how is that?.. if you remember??, you got sooo many cd's!

Comment

• kassios
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

they have a huge database !! And you can simply find anything.....i think you can only purchase from the users?
        http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• kassios
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Tone Depth - Rumble fish What a tune!!!!

Comment

• BureOne
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Yes, I believe its only from the users. I did it once and it was smooth.!... Another place to spend all my $$$$$ on! damn!

Comment

• kassios
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

hahahah i bet you already spent a fortune on those plastics!!!well it's better than spending it on digital IMO!!!!

Comment

• Micko
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

I have bought some gems there - recommended

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

how is the marketplace system? trustworthy? any dodgy transactions

(oddly enough I just posted this question on another board)
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

i have never used the buyer program from this site, but i do get a decent amount of emails from people who are selling stuff they see on my wishlist on ebay.
                    too bad my stuff is way out of date though.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by BureOne
                      wow nice stuff there!.. I saw David Alvarado - Midnight Express, how is that?.. if you remember??, you got sooo many cd's!
                      it is eggggggggsullllent.

Comment

• darin epsilon
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2004

This is a great website but they've gone way downhill I think. It takes like 3 years for a pending release to get approved these days. The amount of pending submissions just keeps piling up. Not that I could really blame them. Ever since the digital revolution took over, there's been a million new producers. Still, it's a huge headache for its users.
                        Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

im sure its since the userbase has grown and grown since the site gets more content thus is more popular, but the number of people willing to volunteer their time hasnt increased much.

i think i have contributed about 75 releases to the site way back when but havent used it in a while, so im part of the problem. unless they get more people who want to be helpful and contribute for free (which is 1% of the net population probably), as long as it keeps being popular releases are going to lag.

Comment

• AntonyM
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Oct 2004

Have to get a free weekend to start uploading some of my vinyl, I just look at all these crates in my room, the dust is starting to form in piles. There is Schiller Ruhe sitting in a pile with Xpress 2 Muzik Xpress, geez.
                            Originally posted by Shpira
                            So came back last night...
                            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                            Originally posted by Illuminate
                            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• thesightless
                              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                              • Jun 2004

i lasted 3 months on the member to meber purchase, then i saw my credit card bill.
                              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...