X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darin epsilon
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

Recent trend of producers remaking very well known songs

Sorry if somebody has already posted a similarly related topic, but what's with the recent trend of producers remaking very well known songs and passing them off as their own? I'm not talking about bootlegs, but artists that slap their name onto a huge pop anthem, for instance. I mean, how are they getting away with this?! What do you guys think, would you leave the dancefloor in disgust if you heard something like this or do you think the general public really does not care?
    Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Recent trend of producers remaking very well known songs

this sounds like the robert miles - children thread i remember reading a bit back

Comment

• clintlove
      Hey girl, ya Hungry?
      • Jun 2004

examples?

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• darin epsilon
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2004

There's been many examples. I don't want to name names though. Particularly the early 90's dance hits and like every Depeche Mode single out on the radio.
        Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
          • Mar 2008

yeah, in this digital age, music has and will continue to be plagued by this "biting" bullshit. it is at it's worse with hip hop/soul/jazz etc. being ripped off by the useless rap gimmick aritsts who will shamlessly shred, sample and crap on vintage gems.
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

not within dancemusic, but everlast just covered 'folson prison blues".

Darin, I would leave the dancefloor in disgust. I would do so after berating the DJ who, while on its face may seem innocent, is clearly culpable in letting such transgressions occur.

this will not stand, man.

Of course, the trouble is, knowing which is which track; Unless you have someone typing up the track name on a prompter above the DJ booth, nobody would probably know, except to say, perhaps, the musically inclined and informed (likey you, me and, most of the people on the board).

And I would certainly hunt down the promoter and make a comment.
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

It is all Vanilla Ice's fault, you get those Ibiza Anthems with the vocals of Personal Jesus, all the punters go mad, take more drugs, then live happily ever after, no different than the generic blend of pop music in the US rehash, has anyone done anything original in the last twenty years.
              Originally posted by Shpira
              So came back last night...
              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
              Originally posted by Illuminate
              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                this sounds like the robert miles - children thread i remember reading a bit back

that was my rant. the idiot took the song, changed about 1 beat of the drum pattern and i BLEW THE HELL UP> i trashed him on beatport fourms, youtube, and other places.

the idiot was dave darrel, a wanna be electro moron.
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

yeah i remember that thread. Frankly there have been a number of 80's remixes of tracks that I have loved. It reminds me of the tracks and how I used to dig them when I was smaller. But blatant rip offs of late where the guy changes a few things and then calls it his own track is really fucked up. You NEED to give the original band/composer some serious respect because they made a song that will live longer than any of us.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• nick007
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2007

heard a rap version of push the button by the chemical brothers this morning - what utter trash!

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

Just heard on Toolroom of all places some new guy doing a remix of DM Enjoy the Silence, so what do Toolroom do? Well they package it up to make it seem like it's His song and not a shitty remix of a track that has been remixed oh.....about 20 times, if not more. This is about the 4-5th time they have ripped off another track and no one seems to notice and say anything.
                      My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Weizy
                        MCast Resident DJ
                        • Jun 2004

There certainly is alot of this going on but I just take the good with the bad...some remixes are shameless and of low quality but every so often a new twist on an old classic is released and it makes it all worth while.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                          Just heard on Toolroom of all places some new guy doing a remix of DM Enjoy the Silence, so what do Toolroom do? Well they package it up to make it seem like it's His song and not a shitty remix of a track that has been remixed oh.....about 20 times, if not more. This is about the 4-5th time they have ripped off another track and no one seems to notice and say anything.
                          why don't you call them out on this? it's an affront to hardworking producers like yourself who start from scratch and create something unique and genuine.
                          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                            Not cool enough
                            • Jun 2004

I'm calling them out on here.

I'm not calling out remixers...but those that do a remix and then call it one of their originals.
                            My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

its all going to pot!

Comment

Working...