• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

2 couples and 1 goblet

Second couple back poo ice cream claim

A COUPLE who were allegedly served poo-smeared ice-cream by one of Sydney's best-known hotels has urged the pub to release CCTV footage of the incident as a second family backs up their claim.
    Patrick and Tina Elliott broke their silence to back up their friends Stephen and Jessica Whyte's story - that their complimentary gelato was contaminated with more than hazelnuts, The Daily Telegraph reports

The four were together when the "massive goblet" of the ice cream in question was delivered to their table after Mr Whyte had an altercation with the hotel bouncer.

Mrs Elliott said she, her husband and 7-year-old son were digging into the "contaminated" dessert when Mrs Whyte jumped up aghast.

"They've served us poo - there's nothing else it can be," Mrs Elliott said after copping a whiff of the sample.

"It absolutely stunk."

The Elliotts fronted the media after their friends' credibility was brought into question by Coogee Bay Hotel pub manager Tony Williams.

The management of the Coogee Bay Hotel in Sydney's eastern suburbs has accused the Whytes of demanding $1 million "shut-up money", as it emerged they have links to a rival pub company.

But the Whytes say the pub is just doing whatever it can to defame them.
    "It is grossly unfair how we've been treated," Ms Whyte said in Sydney today.
    "We waited two weeks to give the Coogee Bay Hotel all due respect and get this tested.

"It's not just the fact of what we all went through that night, it's the fact of how they've handled it. It's just as disgusting what they have done to us as what their staff did to them."

Ms Whyte said she thought a staff member was behind the incident.
    "(The faeces) were definitely planted there to get somebody who gave them trouble," she said.

"It was in a frozen ice-cream bowl and the faeces had been frozen into it as well."
    Mr Whyte urged the pub to release CCTV footage of the night.

"You've got the CCTV footage," he said. "You've told us you've seen it. We've got our report back which confirms the faecal matter – what are you going to do about it?"

"The reality is they've still done nothing, they still haven't apologised, they've only acknowledged that we've made a complaint," he added.

Mr and Mrs Whyte's lawyer, Steven Lewis at Slater and Gordon solicitors, described the Coogee Bay Hotel's treatment of his clients as "appalling".

Mr Lewis said he had sent a letter to the pub this morning.

"We have demanded an apology for Mr and Mrs Whyte. We have demanded that they cease the defamation of Mr and Mrs White and we have invited the hotel to sit down with us and try to resolve this matter as it should have done in the first place," he said.
    "The hotel is making scandalous allegations without foundation against them and the Whytes will not be silenced by this bully-boy tactic."

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: 2 couples and 1 goblet

thats put me off choc n nut ice cream!!

Comment

Working...