X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: dj mag poll results

I'm beginning to think we with taste don't vote!! I did btw.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• nicomax
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

who cares
      Nicomax

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

Lame as usual.

Why don't we do our own top 100 poll here on MS? How hard would it be to rig something like that up?
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• heretic
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

^^ good idea!

the top names in that list made me feel quizy
          I was in coma.

Comment

• ganjamo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2006

trance > teh world
            Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• GerryD
              I love skanking
              • Jun 2004

another BS poll
              "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

The point I find funny here is why does anyone one here care, anymore, it is the same shite every year, except I think last year Sasha and Diggers might have been 4 and 6, would have figured with a Spring Tour in the US, they might have gotten a bit of a boost from the younger crowd, but did not, as long as AVB, PVD, and the other knobs are headlining large arena shows, the cracked raver candy kid community will send them via facebook heaven into all the top slots. Some people are just not ready for the deep, heavy, mind bending tracks that people on MS like to listen to, for example whenever Diggers cranked it up around 3:30am at any Vegas show, the vortex would just destroy half the crowd, send them running in mortal fear, some folks cannot handled that intensity, sound that which can't be ran from. MS members from my experience will listen to all styles of music, but do not like to be told, such music as the shite the trance top 5 are playing is groundbreaking, I recently suffered through an AVB set a few months back, damn the missus, it was nothing but stripped out techno with some prog melodies, and the occasional vocal breakdown, one track right after another, no build or flow, no storytelling with music, just eat some pills, get out the glowsticks and start gurning. If you want to do a poll I would suggest having one with new artists of 2008 and a favorites which will roughly be
                Digweed, Sasha, Cattaneo, Zabiela, and Howells for a top five, then fight it out over the rest.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

I like the idea on an [ms] poll. It would be fun.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh
                    i havent voted for the last 3 years... realized how meaningless this is..
                    u mean like the US presidential elections!

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by AntonyM
                      The point I find funny here is why does anyone one here care, anymore, it is the same shite every year
                      I don't think its that people care all that much, its more just realizing the crap at the top again. Its like you said...AVB plays stripped out techno with a bit of prog and cheesy lyrics and everyone loves him. I remember those days....I use to think trance was the end all that be all and that AVB was the greatest....its a phase that people who listen to dance music go through....everyone on this board can't deny they use to love trance at some point in their journey through dance/electronic music

My idea to have a poll is simply to see how the members would have changed the voting. There are a ton of members on this site that don't even necessarily post that often so I would be curious to see the outcome and see if Sasha and Diggers really took the # 1 and 2 spots.
                      sigpic
                      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Dzone
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chunky
                        dj mag poll results

This has got to be wrong

01. Armin van Buuren
                        02. Tiësto
                        03. Paul van Dyk
                        04. Above & Beyond
                        05. David Guetta

I feel sick reading the top 5 & FFS David GAYuetta @ Num 5 !!
                        ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                          • Mar 2008

^ disgusting isn't it
                          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
                            I like the idea on an [ms] poll. It would be fun.
                            polls are stupid no matter who sets them up and who participates in them. "Best" is subjective. Someone above said, "Who cares" - exactly, a list doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is what is best to [you]. do we need a 10 page thread and a poll to end up right in the same place we are now? no.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

^ you wouldn't be saying this if Digweed was #1 on that list!

edit: changed cattaneo to digweed.

now what!
                              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
                                I'm kind of a big deal.
                                • Jun 2004

^doesnt matter who is #1 on the list. it's "lists" that are the problem. btw, kinda proves my point, cattaneo does nothing for me.

Comment

Working...