Undecided voter...who the hell should I vote for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Undecided voter...who the hell should I vote for?

Originally posted by toasty
    Well, constitutional interpretation occurs in the context of an adversarial process, with extensive briefing and argument, and is decided by some of the sharpest legal minds our country has to offer. If you don't agree that the litigation process results, more often than not, in a "rational and thoughtful" way of resolving these sorts of issues, you might want to look into a new chosen profession.

Look, I don't like Alito or Scalia from an ideological standpoint, but I'd be hard-pressed to argue that they aren't sharp motherfuckers. When the folks on the Supreme Court rule upon a constitutional issue, I'm pretty sure they've thought about it, and they've been provided all relevant authority by the parties and the various amici that also file briefs.

i wrote that with Kelo in mind. To paraphrase Justice Thomas, "what the fuck just happened???" Even liberals hated the way Kelo came out, and yet, one wonders how that became law. This is what I mean by irrational. Not that they aren't decided in a rational manner, but that, they come to irrational conclusions.

This is why I hate cardozo.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
      yeah, read the bottom of the link you posted:

feel free to keep using it tho boneheads.
      God I love it when peoples links wreck their argument !!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• k3n3
        Getting Somewhere
        • Dec 2007

Things that make go hmmmmmm...

This is an amazing race. The incumbent president has approval ratings somewhere between Robert Mugabe and the ebola virus. The economy is supposedly on the brink of global Armageddon.

McCain has only $80 million to spend, while Obama's burning through $600 mil as fast as he can, and he doesn't really need to spend a dime given the wall-to-wall media adoration.

And tonight Chris Matthews' doctors announced that his leg tingle has metastasized leaving his entire body like a vibrating cellphone whose ringtone is locked on "I'm In Love, I'm In Love, I'm In Love, I'm In Love, I'm In Love With A Wonderful Guy."

And yet an old cranky broke loser is within two or three points of the King of the World. Strange."

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...mM4ZTQyODc1ZGI=

nobody says it better than mark steyn...
        Q: What do Osama and Obama have in common???
        A: They both have a friend that blew up the Pentagon!

http://dontvoteobama.net

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by k3n3
          And yet an old cranky broke loser is within two or three points of the King of the World. Strange."
          Is he looking at different polls than the rest of us?

yes, two of eleven national polls that came out today have McCain only back three, but to think that is the story is the ultimate in cherry picking. Not that it matters, because McCain is getting waxed in the electoral college.

You know things have gone south when your best argument is that you should be getting your ass kicked by more.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty

You know things have gone south when your best argument is that you should be getting your ass kicked by more.
              zing!

Comment

Working...