X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: FYI - Pioneer PRODJ Gear prices...

im far from pro numark, was just pointing out the torque factour.. there is a reason certain pieces of gear are industry standard

Comment

• superchibisan
      Getting warmed up
      • Sep 2004

im going to have to contest the reliability statements about denon.

worked in gc for a year. when i got there, they had 1 dns3500. beat to shit. thing still worked fine. by the time i left, we had put 3 *BRAND NEW* pioneer decks on repair and 1 mixer. that denon still plays to this day.

pioneers fail plenty more than denon, specifically the optical drives.(denon has this cool thing where you can just buy optical drives for their units, not the whole damn thing) even in a smokeless enviroment.

i personally, will never buy a pioneer product again. i will support the companies that charge less for the same technology with greater reliability and features.
      That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

It all boils down to WHOM is using the product. If they are decks for a club, you are probably going to have problems with them every now and again. But ones you have in your house should be taken good care of...or at least you would think for something that costs a grand to buy.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• scifi pi
          Addiction started
          • Oct 2004

The Denon DNS-3500 is definitely one of the better built CDJ's on the market. Just by the weight of the product, you can tell their is some heavy metal inside but the downfall is too many bells and whistles and way too many switches and buttons. IMHO the product MUST AND FOREMOST be a DIGITAL TURNTABLE and do it so well and where there are never issues. Consistency is key. Adding all the extra features that most don't even bother to try or figure out. Less is more and keep it simple stupid.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

Well considering two of the principal people that help to design the features on the Pioneer gear is James Zabiela and Phil K, you are looking at two technical Dj's who love to cut and paste on the fly.

And yeah my friend had a few of the 3K series. I can't remember if it was the 3500 but it sure was a beast of a deck.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

who cares if they last for years and years, if they're shit when you use them its irrelevant

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

i paid $1150 per deck for my cdj1000 mk3's. deals can be found!

Comment

Working...