• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

baseball and life (politics)

someone mentioned her on the radio today, and i got to thinking;

think of how mrs. jackie robinson must feel today. everything her husband put in motion by becoming the first african american in popular US culture. the ground he broke. the impact he had on society. how he forced america to look at itself through the eyes of a sporting fan to break the long racial barriers to the point where he was just a ball player and now, a black man is breaking through the ultimate barrier. he will become the leader of the free world.

yes it took the world awhile to catch up, over 20 years before the college ranks were fully integrated. but from her POV, her husband, didnt just get a fair shot at a job, but a position in arguably the biggest platform in america at the time. baseball. the filter down effects to where sports are pre dominantly black is outstanding. and he did it. him. to be in her head when she is staring at the obama button in that poll.

wow. historical perspective here. the man who truly broke america's color barrier at the national level, foricing people to realize equality was more than they thoguht.

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
Working...