Anoyone else sick of the bullshit exchange rate right now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Anoyone else sick of the bullshit exchange rate right now?

Just went on a little shopping spree at Plastic Fantastic and Hard to Find Records and the exchange rate is fucking terrible right now! One pound is worth damn near two american dollars right now. I hate paying the rate, but if I don't I will never be able to get my hands on certain tracks through US record shops. Is anyone else feeling my pain?
  • hypoluxxa
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Anoyone else sick of the bullshit exchange rate right no

Being that we got back from our european vacation 2 weeks ago I feel your pain. I had people apologize as they exchanged our worthless money. They said that they were embarrased to give us so little for our once mighty dollar. I walked into Plastic Fantastic and felt pain as I paid for my selections. I won't even tell you how much over our budget we went, because of our weak dollar. I'm glad you noticed and I hope someone does something about it.

Comment

• patriddell
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jun 2004

I'm quite happy about it...

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

I am too.. thats more the norm or what I am used to rather than the lower end. When I 1st moved from UK my family would send me cash, and I would get about $2.00 per 1.00 GBP. and then it took a nose dive.

I know when buying records it seems like alot.. but if you think about it, alot of the records are what? 5-6.00 gbp, which isnt far off of a record over in the states anyway.. (after the exchange rate)

do yourself a favour, by some cdj's, and download mp3's.. lots cheaper

Comment

• Terry
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

this is because your president for the last 4 years has been george w bush
          www.boodang.com
          -------------------------

Comment

• pdowney
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

I'm ambivalent about the exchange rate. Last year a Canadian dollar was worth about 63 US cents. Now it's 82 cents. Makes buying things like cds and telescope equipment from the US cheaper, as well as traveling.

However, I'm paid in US bucks, so I'm making less this year for equal work.
            Philip

Comment

• nsite
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

try going to fucking Ibiza!

trip cost nearly 3500$!
              ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                actually, the American dollar has be consistently over-valued for a long, long time (since the 70's when floating exchange rates were introduced). America has an enormous trade deficit, meaning it imports far more than it exports. a country's balance of trade is one of the most important things in determening the value of its currency, since it is what causes either an over supply or a shortage in its currency world wide. the value today is still not reflective of what the currency is worth...i have a feeling its going to continue to slide.

Comment

• MJ
                  Here since 2002
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nsite
                  try going to fucking Ibiza!

trip cost nearly 3500$!
                  Thats because you like the smell of cocaine sir. :SnortMe:
                  mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• foreks
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                    Originally posted by Terry
                    actually, the American dollar has be consistently over-valued for a long, long time (since the 70's when floating exchange rates were introduced). America has an enormous trade deficit, meaning it imports far more than it exports. a country's balance of trade is one of the most important things in determening the value of its currency, since it is what causes either an over supply or a shortage in its currency world wide. the value today is still not reflective of what the currency is worth...i have a feeling its going to continue to slide.
                    I'm a fx dealer and must tell you mates it is only the americans problem of 'weak' USD as some ignoramus say. you've been constantly running enormous deficits so called 'twin deficits' of USD 50-60bln as far as budget deficit is concerned and of fuckingly unimaginable USD 400bln in current account terms EACH FUCKING MONTH. the equilibrium for EURUSD rate is roughly 1,65 /1,2695 today's spot rate/ and you'd better bear this in your mind in the nearest years as further slide in USD is unavoidable. in the longer time horizon one cannot cheat macroeconomics.

Comment

Working...