X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

bye bye appendix...and my vote for Prez in '08

So I was outside doing yard work on Monday evening and went inside to get a glass of water. Minutes later I got what felt like cramps/dull pain in my lower right abdominal area. I didn't think much of it and went to bed that night with the pain still present. I woke up on Tuesday morning and the pain was still there. I went to work until lunch and then headed to urgent care to make sure I was ok. Well I described my symptoms to the doc and his response was, "Oh that's not good."

So they took blood and urine which revealed that my white blood cell count was up. The doc sent me to a hospital for CT scan...three hours later after drinking four glasses of contrast I finally got my CT scan. The radiologist came to get me and with a scared look said, "You tested positive for appedicits."

At this point I was a bit scared...I had never had surgery of any kind before and now I was being rushed to the ER to get prepped for an emergency appendectomy. At this point I realized I certainly would not be voting for President as I had planned to vote after work on Tuesday. I also realized that with my family 250+ miles away and my gf at med school an hour away that I was going to have to man up and do this on my own...

I sat in a gown in the ER for two hours waiting for my surgeon to arrive. The doc finally got there and minutes later I was getting drugged up and put to sleep. The surgery took only 20 minutes and I woke up disoriented as hell. Apparently they only made 3 small incisions then pulled my appendix out through my belly button...YUCK!

I know it was minor but man I was a bit scared that I would never wake up or get to see my family, friends or gf again. The attending nurse said, "Don't you have anyone who can see you off to surgery?" I replied, "No." The nurse stared back sadly and said, "I am sorry, everything will be fine."

Either way I survived my first ever surgery and am now at home resting with some serious pain and bruising all over my midsection. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!! I guess going to the doc for stomach aches isn't so weak after all...
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: bye bye appendix...and my vote for Prez in '08

Good thing they got it out before it burst..I had stomach pains for months, but they couldn't figure out what was causing it...Finally I was in soo much pain, I went to the ER....My appendix was about to burst..They took it out...
    You're lucky that you only had three small incisions...My appendix was soo inflamed that they had to make a 5 inch incision on my lower right abdomen..The scar tissue hurt me for a couple of months...I couldn't sit up by myself for about 4 days...
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Weizy
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
      Good thing they got it out before it burst..I had stomach pains for months, but they couldn't figure out what was causing it...Finally I was in soo much pain, I went to the ER....My appendix was about to burst..They took it out...
      You're lucky that you only had three small incisions...My appendix was soo inflamed that they had to make a 5 inch incision on my lower right abdomen..The scar tissue hurt me for a couple of months...I couldn't sit up by myself for about 4 days...
      Damn dude! You are lucky as hell to be alive. Your appendix must have been huge by the time you had surgery...

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Appendicitis is no fun whatsoever. I actually had mine burst when I was a kid, and man did that ever suck. I was laid up for a while after that, but that was like 24 years ago and they've learned to be much less invasive now. Get some rest, and you'll be back up and at 'em in no time.

Comment

• Weizy
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Jun 2004

Thanks Toasty!

Has your Obama celebration ended yet? Or are you keeping it up through the weekend?

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Weizy
            Thanks Toasty!

Has your Obama celebration ended yet? Or are you keeping it up through the weekend?
            Still feeling good, but the waves of euphoria and relief that washed over me all of Wednesday and occasionally yesterday seem to have subsided.

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

appendix my arse!!

u aborted a baby alien!! BABY KILLER!!!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

I too have a 5inch scar from removal as a kid. I remember trying to walk down the corridor in the days after adn not being able to stand straight and moaning for the few feet I was able to walk. I was 8 years old.

Glad you are doing well Weizy!!! My thoughts are with you this weekend! Bruising around the torso doesnt sound good!??!
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Weizy
                  MCast Resident DJ
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                  I too have a 5inch scar from removal as a kid. I remember trying to walk down the corridor in the days after adn not being able to stand straight and moaning for the few feet I was able to walk. I was 8 years old.

Glad you are doing well Weizy!!! My thoughts are with you this weekend! Bruising around the torso doesnt sound good!??!
                  Thanks for the kind words Huggie! Sounds like I am lucky that this operation has improved over the years. My three incisions sound pretty tame when I hear about 5 inch scars...

Comment

• TomTom
                    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                    • May 2002

I guess this explains the amount of downloads you have made. All the best for the next weeks, John. I am sure the Kiss100 mixes will help with recovering.

Comment

• Weizy
                      MCast Resident DJ
                      • Jun 2004

Tom, you guessed it. Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

• nick007
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2007

Get well dude!

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• kassios
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Hope you get well soon mate
                          http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                            • Mar 2008

yea bro, best of wishes; do take care and stand strong.
                            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Aleks_B
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Nov 2006

yeah i have heard this condition can be really uncomfortable.
                              ....Here's to a speedy recovery!!
                              aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

Working...