• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Poll: 64 Percent Of Republicans Want Palin To Run In 2012

Originally posted by 88Mariner
    ^nah, i think theywould use it as an excuse to make themselves feel less racist. Jindal, so far as I have heard, is a more tanner Romney.
    Jindal is actually a pretty cool, common-sense guy though, whereas Romney is the biggest douchebag of the election (not an easy feat to pull off). Regardless, I hope the Christian Taliban portion of the Republican party gets marginalized and the party moves toward the center (i.e. away from social/cultural warfare), and Jindal is probably their best bet for the moment. It'll be good for the discourse.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
      Jindal is actually a pretty cool, common-sense guy though, whereas Romney is the biggest douchebag of the election (not an easy feat to pull off). Regardless, I hope the Christian Taliban portion of the Republican party gets marginalized and the party moves toward the center (i.e. away from social/cultural warfare), and Jindal is probably their best bet for the moment. It'll be good for the discourse.
      At least when it comes to religious issues, Jindal has some things in his history that aren't exactly going to resonate with centrist, non-evangelical voters. He's participated in an exorcism, FFS.

I thought part of his draw, and part of the reason he was discussed as a potential veep this time around, is that he's a deeply religious man that can appeal to evangelical voters. Not sure, though...

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

so long as the christians have a stranglehold on the republican party, America will continue digging its grave.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Localizer
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2004

true dat on all accounts from you guys.
          Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
          -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Tell you what, I'm stunned that Palin continues to get as much press coverage as she's getting. I certainly can't remember any VP candidate that has had this much attention after losing. There are at least one of two new stories about her a day, she's doing interviews, etc.

One thing I find really funny, though, is that I'm seeing more and more articles openly asking the question, "Has the GOP lost its damn mind even considering having Palin be the new face of the party?" No dancing around the issue, no thinly veiled comments, just people outwardly discussing the fact that taking the party in her direction is likely to exacerbate the GOP's problems right now. Some of these articles are coming from conservatives, too.

...And these same stories run alongside other stories singing her praises. I get that much of politics is spin, persuasion, and whatnot, but come on, bounds of reason. Forget policy and whether you agree or disagree with her for a moment, and just talking strategy -- is there any objective person out there that actually thinks that having her as the face of the GOP is likely to be good for a party that obviously needs to do some things to reach out to those in the middle? She became a national punchline, FFS...

Comment

• MJDub
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I'd really like Sarah Palin to drop off the face of the earth. She disgusts me with her ignorance and religious extremism.
              http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
                She disgusts me with her ignorance and religious extremism.
                Not just that, but the celebration of ignorance is just brain bending to me. The Republican party has actually demonized higher education.

Am looking forward to GOP 2.0 -- let's see if they manage to pull their head out of their collective ass.

Comment

Working...