X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sakio pod
    SALAD TOSSER
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

OMG this is such a shame steve played at my bday party when i moved back to fla it 2006

ill post some pics 2morrow......can't believe ill never hang out with him again

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2005

Just got on here tonight and read the news. I'm truely sorry to hear about this and wish the best to family and friends.

RIP Steve
      http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by feather
        Fuck I've never been so affected by some interweb thing like this before. WTF. It's weird because the forum board is the only platform we've communicated.

It's like seeing the same face at the same club at every good gig and now that person won't be there, but fuck I wouldn't even be this affected if he was indeed some dude I see around in real life, does this make sense?

I just don't feel like posting anything else on the forum. Fuck I hate this.

I'm with you 100%. I've been gutted the entire week and I never met Steve in person. Perhaps it's because he reminds me of me (in both good and bad ways) that has me so depleted right now. I think I may take some time off from this place and think about some stuff. I care for all of you, but time does heal wounds though it may leave the scars. I hope one day we can all find each other back on again, but right now I can't take it.

fuck
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• miketpoto
          Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
          • Jan 2005

I feel like a crazy person but I keep sending him text messages and IM's saying the things I wish I could have told him.

I have been numb all week until an hour ago where it all just spilled out of me, it wasn't pretty but it was to be expected.

2 days before he ended everyting he asked me what new DVD's he should go rent because he needed something to watch... I sent him a link for a really amazing set that he said he didn't have and before I could say anything else he signed off. All weekend long I was thinking I hope he got the set and wanted to hear what he thought of it, cause I knew he would love it.

I still can't close that window and I can't delete him from my phone.

I don't want to. I guess I will when I am ready, but being ready isnt something I want to be right now. I guess I've been lucky so far in live and not losing many people I care about so far, but this still feels different.

I'm just ranting at this point. Sorry.

I miss him so much right now, it just really really hit home. Ugh

Comment

• hansh20
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

Damn... I'm really sorry to hear this, I don't know what to say, I never met him but I feel, like many others in this forum, like if i really did, i guess the only right thing to do is to keep paying respect to his memory and that this is the way he would like to be remembered.

Peace Jibs...
            " When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. "

Comment

• konfussion
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

This is terrible news. While I didn't personally know Steve, I have been an MS member for 4 years and definitely knew *who* he was. He was one of the most active members here and finding out about this is earth-shaking to say the least. This is very, very sad and my heart goes out to his family and every one that was close to him.

You will be missed Jib!

Comment

• gjg21
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2004

Wow. Haven't been on in a couple days and I come back and see this... Unbelievable.

RIP Steve, and thanks Kamal (and everyone else who knew him better than I) for sharing the story with us.

Comment

• barishturker
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Oct 2007

Oh My God,
                  I can not believe this! I'm truly sorry and devastated. I never had the chance to meet Steve directly but I had the privilege to share his friendship and music vision for the last years throughout ms . He supported me all through these years, and yet just a few months ago we did mercurysessions together. I'm still shocked, My deepest condolences to his family and close friends. I'm so so verrry sorry. I hope you find peace where you are Steve. You will be missed!
                  sigpicBarish Turker /
                  http://www.myspace.com/barishturker /
                  http://blogs.myspace.com/barishturker
                  Crobar BoraMusic HouseCast
                  http://feeds.feedburner.com/boramusic
                  http://bit.ly/cbm (iTunes)

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

I'm too crushed to say anything that makes sense... The only thing which comforts me is that Steve is in a better place right now. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

RIP Steve, I'll miss yanking your chain you fucking cracker

Thanks to DQ & Katja for updating me.

Comment

• phazon
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                      let this be a message to anyone/everyone that feels depressed and trapped. please, for fucking sake, talk to someone about it. steve's solution is NEVER the correct solution.
                      So, so true. It's so important to share shit with others. I didn't know Jibs, but he has been the life and soul of this board for the 4 1/2 years I've been on here. My thoughts are with you his friends, and his family.

Mike, don't delete his number - you'll come across it every now and then and it will give you reason to have a little smile and remember your mate.

RIP Jibgolly.
                      ----------------------------

Comment

• Revinant
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

a long time friend, he has the first one that told me that my very first track (john creamer & stefan k - i wish you where here (revinant missing mix) was good when I shared it on audiogalaxy long long long time ago... since then we became friends...

btw: im the one with the blue t-shirt

EDIT: Im not using my latest, Im naming a track that was untitled, he always told me that it was his favorite track.

Revinant & Vitaliy - A song for Jibgolly

Its a zip with pictures & the track, I hope you like it as much as he did...

big up for a great dj
                        Revinant/S Junk?s/The Midnight Perverts
                        http://www.myspace.com/midnightperverts
                        Http://www.sjunkes.com

Comment

• DjNutcase
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Oct 2006

Never met Steve but read a LOT of his [ms] posts and listened to his sets at home. Really sad that such a lovely person had to go like this. Hard to believe someone who DJs and loves EDM could do such a thing but after reading the story, it makes more sense

In South Africa, a DJ died in his sleep and every year we hold a party in remembrance and to raise money for his special causes - perhaps an idea for you guys?

Love to all ...
                          Last edited by DjNutcase; November 13, 2008, 02:57:56 PM.

Comment

• Michi McLean
                            MCast Resident DJ
                            • May 2006

Very sad news... Rest in Peace Jib... You will truely be missed.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                              AVB FanClub | President
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by miketpoto
                              I still can't close that window and I can't delete him from my phone.

I don't want to. I guess I will when I am ready, but being ready isnt something I want to be right now. I guess I've been lucky so far in live and not losing many people I care about so far, but this still feels different.

I'm just ranting at this point. Sorry.

I miss him so much right now, it just really really hit home. Ugh
                              If you need anything at all, please get in touch with me....you have my contact info and I will PM you my cell #.

You don't need to delete anything until you are ready, if you ever are. I read my message history on MSN with him all the time....it brings a bit of comfort when I do. I also can't delete that final text from him either....I have locked it to my phone so I don't ever lose it....I almost called him last night just so I could hear him on his voicemail, but then I watched those wonderful video's MJ put up and that helped...

Steve I miss you terribly and I hope you can see how much we all loved you....I can't stop thinking about you and my heart aches for you. I hope you are finally at peace and maybe one day we will meet again.....love you Jibs xoxox
                              sigpic
                              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                                AVB FanClub | President
                                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mad'Em Fixer
                                To any of you who would like to come for the Friday 28th Jelly/Steve James Tribute please know our doors are open to you. Just let us know and we will make arrangements to put you up.

We understand it is a holiday weekend and you have family obligations however we would love to see as many of you as are able.

Also, any of you who live in South Florida please let me know if you want information about the funeral. I will have the arrangement information tomorrow.

I miss him so much.
                                I wish more than anything I could make it on Friday, but being in Canada it's just not going to happen

As for the funeral....is there a way to post information anyways in case some of us want to send flowers.....or better yet, do you know if there is a particular charity they are collecting for on his behalf? I would like to pay my proper respects some how and any information you could share would be very appreciated.
                                sigpic
                                RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                                RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...