X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

Re: i just heard

Dom, thank you for paying your respects.

But with all due respect, we have THIS thread dedicated to Steve. Please continue there.
    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• chuckc
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

i would really love it if dig would play part of jibs mcast set. i used to email digs way back in the day about jibbys great sets but he never responded...

since digs show is just under an hour we should try and get him to play his current mcast set from around minute approx 105 to 157...that part of the set is pheonominal imo and would be the ultimate tribute for jibs.

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

if i may suggest another set of his that would be so worthy of a kiss 100 guest mix is

Steve "Jibgolly" James - Live @ Pensacola, FL (April 14, 2007) SET 2 PART 4

Comment

• phuck'm-up
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Jan 2008

How do i tell this story? Will I say the wrong thing? How do I begin?

Three years to the day i met Steve James. We did not even say one word to each other that day. The day was Mercury sessions @ 422. Pensacola. You see back in 05 there was not an ounce of light left in me. Addiction and all the evil little things that go along with addiction had me wrapped up. I was scared. I was full of shame. I could see it just around the corner.

And i remember leaving the get down three years ago thinking, man that guy fucking tore it up..

Two weeks later i threw in the towel and sought help.

The darkness was all around me and I disconnected myself. For a year or so i rarely listened to the music.

New years 06 to 2007. Second dose of the man Steve James. Whoa.....this guy is lighting it up.

You see i have been gone a long time at this point. I was nervous. Still some fear.This time Steve and I connected. I could tell he knew that i was listening to everything and he knew that i knew that he could tell that I was listening. Still we maybe said a few words. But he knew that I knew. He and hunter lit it up.

Steve's selections really impressed me and in a major way hearing him play that days brought me to the point I am at right now. I was lucky. I fell i n love with the music all over again.

It was not until the MC meet up in Pensacola that I got to know Steve James. My dear friend Hafid (The_Light) asked me to play that night at the Jelly. Talking about shite'n in ya pants man. That was me. You see I played records for years before addiction kicked me in the nuts. But to play at this event after all the trails in my life. Man i was stoked but still not confident at all. And an angel must have done the mixing because I played just like i used to. i was able to vibe for the first time in years. Steve James approached me as soon as I got there. He remembered me from new years and we had im'd some. He was such a nice guy. Full of care. Also, He was listening when I played. I mean listening.

You can always tell.

Those who hear the music first.

Steve was one of those people. His love inspired me. His passion motivated me. His humor let me know that "it" was ok. His recognition gave me goose bumps.

Like all of you.

Halloween 2008. Albert missed his flight. I got to play with Steve James and Maegen as a replacement. One of the worst sets i have ever played. Complete train wreck. Doing that is not so bad. Unless you are on a roof top in Pensacola with many ears in front of you. I knew that people were listening. Especially Steve James because he was standing right beside me.You see this is when the poop has reached the lower leg. Thinking man this shit sucks. Steve was so cool though. He knew. He blew it off. He knew I had love and his reconition ment the world to me. i all most didn't make it. The darkness just about one with me so to get that from him made me see what and why. gave me soul. We played together at the meet up. He was so much fun to play with.

I made up my mind that weekend.

I am going to share this gift.

Make up for lost time.

Spread the vibe.

Represent the vibe.

Not take those things for granted.

Appreciate my life.

Be a better friend.

Tell my friends i love them.

Share my regrets.

etc...

And then the unimaginable...........

This mix is about love. Love for the music.

On Halloween weekend Steve James played Love Chemical by Pole Folder two times. he said it was the one that gave him the goose bumps at this time. The instrumental version. I remember asking him if that was love Chemical. His response was....Thank you for knowing that. Wow!

That said so much more. I barely even knew the guy but he motivated me in so many ways.

I picked these tracks based on what Steve and i played. Love Chemical is on here twice for Steve. To honer what he gave to me. Love. Any time you hear Love Chemical hold a lighter up for Steve and remember. Remember that we are all connected. I hope you enjoy this mix. Making it was one of the most emotional experiences.

I am so sorry about our loss. We must remain strong. Tell the people you love that you them.

Even the birds share the song.

I want every one to know that he seemed really happy on the decks that weekend. i am so sorry for the loss of such a good guy.

I hope you enjoy the mix.

R.I.P Steve James. This one is for you.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
          https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• phuck'm-up
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Garrick
            knowing him personally for a long time, he did battle depression. to make your point, he WAS very charismatic and very very lively and never alluded to doing something of this magnitude. so i sincerely do NOT think that this is something anybody could have done anything about. all i can say is that he chose his path and chose to do it quietly, but always remember that he made everyone around him feel good and that's what everybody should be focusing on. he was the best of friends when i needed one and the man is in a better place.
            right on man. time to heal. remember the good.
            https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• phuck'm-up
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by scifi pi
              I know for a fact that the music and Mercury server were the wonderful postive light in Steve's life. As many of you have experienced first hand, Steve was a giving, kind, stand-up person. And I think that is why it is so hard to comprehend on why and how this has happened. On a recent and local level, myself and many others in Pensacola took him in with open arms and knew he had some past issues with his living arrangements in Tampa. After the Mercury Server reunion weekend here and his long drive back with Steve Graham, he realized that when he got back that he had no one in his own hometown to share the great experience he had just had. And it was a repeat from previous times coming back from Pensacola on the many occassions he came here to visit and play. No intention on discounting anyone in Tampa or anywhere else, for some reason he felt more connected and rewarded if started anew in Pensacola. I was one of the many that convinced him to come here so that he could focus on his new job/career with Walgreens and on his music. Possibly get into producing with our local progressive house head studio artist, Kevin Rockwell. I even made many efforts to get him booked once he moved. Within a week or two of him arriving, I had booked him at Pensacola's biggest EDM monthly and got him and Hafid a monthly residency at Pensacola's newest lounge. IMHO things were looking great for Steve James. After finding out on Sunday that he missed worked and had not contacted anyone, Hafid and I spent most of the day and evening looking for him. I personally and Mindy drove around Pensacola at every hotel and every Walgreens I passed by. Repeating three times just to hopefully run into him, but with no luck.

For many of us, we now know that its been a privilege and honor of knowing the better side of Steve James. That is how he should be remembered and honored. The music was his light and lifeline. It is unfortunate that it wasn't enough. I only wished he was here in Pensacola a bit longer so that he could have experienced the great love and comadrie that we have and had for him.

If anything, we need take this negative and turn to a positive. Cherish and honor your experiences and memories of him. Share those with others. Take the time to mend, fix and make peace for those that you love but are in turmoil. Show the people you love and care for with more fervor. Hug them twice. Kiss them longer. Offer your hand when not expected with even a stranger. Ever little bit counts, more than you know. Treat them like Steve treated you. Doing that would be the best honor for him and everyone he touched.

Transpire to inspire....thats what he did for me and I shall do the same.
              Never give up. much love O. press on. love you bro.

Comment

• phuck'm-up
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jan 2008

Kamal....that was such a great write up.

Everyone of you are special.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

and i thought I was Jibbs only MSN buddy, I feel cheated He must have spent days on end talking to all these people on this thread
                  motherlover

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

phuck'm-up Thank you !!
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Shpira
                      Angry Boy Child
                      • Oct 2006

I feel so shit right now can someone please pm me and tell me what the hell happened. Honestly I dont know why but I really feel bad about this I dont know the man apart from all the chats through MS. . .and normally I am such a cold hearted bastard but seriously I cried when I read he was gone...what the fuck happened and why???

RIP Jib you were a favorite of mine on MS. Hope its easier for you now. Love you.
                      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• dohturdima
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

Terrible news - RIP Steve James... Did not know him personally, enjoyed his posts and his music for years... My condolences to those who were close to Steve and to his family. I lost someone in my care this way and know that often nothing can be done when the mind is made up... but the loss can never be comprehended or reasoned, and the pain is unbearable.
                        Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^^^ Good.
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• phuck'm-up
                            MCast Resident DJ
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DIDI
                            phuck'm-up Thank you !!
                            His love for the music deserves honer. I am a better person having known him. i have seen a lot of people play records. Three Diggers Sasha etc...Steve could do what they do. He could not only bring the house together but he could hold it together and wanted too. It takes a special person to make that happen consistently. He is missed.

Comment

• nick007
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                              I'm with you 100%. I've been gutted the entire week and I never met Steve in person. Perhaps it's because he reminds me of me (in both good and bad ways) that has me so depleted right now. I think I may take some time off from this place and think about some stuff. I care for all of you, but time does heal wounds though it may leave the scars. I hope one day we can all find each other back on again, but right now I can't take it.

fuck
                              [
                              Originally posted by feather
                              Fuck I've never been so affected by some interweb thing like this before. WTF. It's weird because the forum board is the only platform we've communicated.

It's like seeing the same face at the same club at every good gig and now that person won't be there, but fuck I wouldn't even be this affected if he was indeed some dude I see around in real life, does this make sense?

I just don't feel like posting anything else on the forum. Fuck I hate this.
                              Hey guys:

Your posts above have hit me the most this week with how heart wrenched you are over Steves death.

This community of internet friends we have is very rare. I for one was welcomed by kamal in a PM a couple of posts in after I had seroiusly lost my cool on one of the threads and since then have been able to read and learn from the absolute huge wealth of information all of you as a collective have.

What I am trying to say is that in sharing our grief, all your experiences that you had with Steve, laughing at the memories you had with him, with us, we all start to heal.

In his death we celebrate his life.

Chanty, Dancing Girl and others have all volunteered their time to chat and listen to you, use that opportunity to talk and in doing so heal.

Please don't leave ms because the next words you type may be the very words someone needs to hear.

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
                                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                                • Jul 2004

Thanks, but there's a whole lot of you who are hurting a lot more and times like this being on the internet sucks cos you guys are all over the world.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...