• Jul 2006

Re: It's your friends that make your world

Respect.

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

If there was one late night EST/PST person I could count on to hang out with on this site it was Jibby, one of the people that motivated me to video any show I attended. His passion of music will never be questioned and the desire to share that with all of us at MS, held in the highest regard. Even though we lived via the internet, his personality and humor got me through more than one bad day.

Hopefully this is where he is now.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• gjg21
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by nick007
        Please don't leave ms because the next words you type may be the very words someone needs to hear.

So well said.

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by nick007
          [Please don't leave ms because the next words you type may be the very words someone needs to hear.
          I couldn't of said it better myself....and the other reason you shouldn't leave is because you are apart of our family now and of the foundation that keeps this site going.

As also mentioned I am hear for you if you need to talk....it may sound a bit selfish, but by talking to anyone that needs someone to talk to is also helping me in my grieving process. Hearing all the wonderful memories out there really helps to put a smile on my face when I need it most.

Jibby loved this site because of how much we all care for and help each other in their time of need.....he loved that no matter what your issue was in life you could come on here and laugh and be loved. We are a community like no other I have seen online and it brings tears of joy to my eyes to see how we have all come together in our time of need and helped each other through it all....Jibby would be so proud.
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• scifi pi
            Addiction started
            • Oct 2004

Hello ALL,

At the age of 42 and being in the EDM community and nightclub industry off and on for 20+ years (they know me in local forums/circles as GRANDPA RAVE)...yesterday was one of the most difficult times in my life. I spent the whole day with of Steve's family (mother, mother's long-time boyfriend, and uncle). I did my best to explain to them on what an impact he has made on a worldwide level, local level and in my own life. I never left there side assisting them in every way possible in taking care of personal effects, the coroner/police paperwork, funeral home, etc. During this time, I had learned quite bit about his childhood and youth and had also gained their trust and respect in the short amount of time. For my own sake and the request of so many others, I was given the permission to see him before cremation. The details I will not post. They have entrusted me with everything to do with his music, equipment and such. His mother promised me that it would not go to waste, unused, ebay, pawnshop, etc. and I promised in return that it would be properly treated with respect and honor. Me and few others from Pensacola will be making the trip to his hometown of Port Charlotte, FL (1 hr. south of Tampa) for the family memorial service.

As soon as I get confirmation on his families funeral arrangements (time, place, address, etc), I will get that to everyone.

Sorry for the rambling...

PS - I am working getting "In memory" t-shirts done for our Pensacola Thanksgiving event. The first 50 have been donated by a friend of mine who had never met Steve but was a big fan of his sets that I burned for him on CD throughout the years. After that, I will do one time second printing making them available for pre-order purchase at a very reasonable rate.

I chose this route due the overwhelming number of emails, phone calls, texts since his family left yesterday evening and it its been mentally and emotionally draining for me to repeat myself. I'm gonna take a couple days away from everything to hopefully recharge for the upcoming tasks for the next couple weeks.

Comment

• Maff
              Up the City
              • Dec 2006

RIP jib you'll be sorely missed god bless you

Comment

• Zen Master
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

OMG I didn’t realize what happened till now !?!

R.I.P. Jib

Comment

• megan love
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by scifi pi
                  Hello ALL,

At the age of 42 and being in the EDM community and nightclub industry off and on for 20+ years (they know me in local forums/circles as GRANDPA RAVE)...yesterday was one of the most difficult times in my life. I spent the whole day with of Steve's family (mother, mother's long-time boyfriend, and uncle). I did my best to explain to them on what an impact he has made on a worldwide level, local level and in my own life. I never left there side assisting them in every way possible in taking care of personal effects, the coroner/police paperwork, funeral home, etc. During this time, I had learned quite bit about his childhood and youth and had also gained their trust and respect in the short amount of time. For my own sake and the request of so many others, I was given the permission to see him before cremation. The details I will not post. They have entrusted me with everything to do with his music, equipment and such. His mother promised me that it would not go to waste, unused, ebay, pawnshop, etc. and I promised in return that it would be properly treated with respect and honor. Me and few others from Pensacola will be making the trip to his hometown of Port Charlotte, FL (1 hr. south of Tampa) for the family memorial service.

As soon as I get confirmation on his families funeral arrangements (time, place, address, etc), I will get that to everyone.

Sorry for the rambling...

PS - I am working getting "In memory" t-shirts done for our Pensacola Thanksgiving event. The first 50 have been donated by a friend of mine who had never met Steve but was a big fan of his sets that I burned for him on CD throughout the years. After that, I will do one time second printing making them available for pre-order purchase at a very reasonable rate.

I chose this route due the overwhelming number of emails, phone calls, texts since his family left yesterday evening and it its been mentally and emotionally draining for me to repeat myself. I'm gonna take a couple days away from everything to hopefully recharge for the upcoming tasks for the next couple weeks.
                  oliver, you're a godsend, and stronger than i could ever be. thank you for all that you've done thus far, and continue to do.

i love the symbolism in the flyer you've done for Jelly. thanks for everything, Grandpa Rave! <3

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Mercury Rising
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• ribbario
                      Underwater
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by lilsensa
                      Mercury Rising

Respect !
                      Mixes !!!

Comment

• Lorn
                        Looking for a title!
                        • Sep 2004

Comment

• scifi pi
                          Addiction started
                          • Oct 2004

I recently did some additional artwork for his MCast show that he never got a chance to use but have forwarded to Kamal for possible use. For those that did not meet him in person, for his birthday this year, I printed Steve professional printed business cards with very similar graphics. We spent quite a bit of time earlier in the year, right after WMC in getting him some..he realized during conference that he felt a bit "naked" without a proper business card since in many situations when meeting new people that neither parties weren't able to find a pen and write legible enough to read later on or either press multiple keys on their own perspective cell phones or comprehend beyond the "salad tossing" as he would verbally put it.

I'm still working on the back, trying to select the best photo of him with a contrasting meaningful graphic background. Even though he would admittedly agree that he wasn't much of a visual person (beyond the liquid cube) persay he knew strongly what he liked and didn't like, hence for those that knew his many personal characteristics fit him to a tea. Very much like his very selective track selection and cut and dry sadistic/dark humor.

Comment

• Yao
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                            i'm trying to feel solace in knowing that he could read your comments and know how much everyone cared about him... but i am not. this is proving to be a lot more difficult than i thought. not trying to be a downer but i don't know what to do.
                            Garrick, I know how close you've been with Steve. Hang in there man, answers and acceptance don't always come quickly (shit, sometimes not at all). Maybe just go with the flow a little and see what comes to mind as you go. It may take some time, but won't last forever.

Feel free to talk on msn if you feel the need for it. For any reason.
                            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Shiva
                              MCast Mistress
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by megan love
                              oliver, you're a godsend, and stronger than i could ever be. thank you for all that you've done thus far, and continue to do.

i love the symbolism in the flyer you've done for Jelly. thanks for everything, Grandpa Rave! <3

I would have attended.
                              But as the saying goes: far from the eyes but close to the heart.

Comment

• CoreyVonWaters
                                Fresh Peossy
                                • Nov 2008

Damn Steve I can't believe it's been years since we've talked and this is how we link back up. I'm an old friend of Marcus, Ned and Steve from Atlanta. I used to wait tables at Bugaboo Creek with Marcus before Digital Witchcraft ever came out with their first song. Steve moved up from Florida and we all had some pretty good times bringing people back to the ZELDA house after the Liquified Parties at E50. Some of you on here might know me but for those who don't HELLO!!! I'm really bummed that I had to join this forum under these circumstances but seeing how you people reacted to Steve's passing made me want to get to know you guys. Consider me a new member of the MS family( I'm Scotch/Irish, I have a liver made of concrete, I bang goats on the regular as they have nice handlebars and I also have the tiniest balls on the face of the Universe.) I wish I could make it down there for the Jelly party but sadly I can't.

Steve buddy, I'll never forget what it was like being around you and Marcus when I was a budding dj taking my records to people's houses in a backpack. That was over six years ago now when first chilled with you guys. I don't understand why someone as nice as you always thought so lowly of himself but it seems as though you have a lot of people in this community that cared about you. I can't even begin to understand how it could be that bad but I guess that's between you and God homey. I hope you found the peace in Death that you couldn't find in life. RIP brotha.......

BTW, you still like gigantic balls on your face.

Comment

Working...