• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Steve James - Jibgolly

Originally posted by chuckc
    Here is a set Steve gave me at a show I heard him play at the bank in st. pete in 2005.

This set is sort of special to me because it was the first time I met Jibbs in person after knowing him for years via slsk and ms. I had such a good time that night with jibs and the thm crew.

Here is the full unreleased 2hour version. i am sure steve would want me to share this.

Live at The Bank, St. Petersburg Florida December 16th 2005 Part1

Live at The Bank, St. Petersburg Florida December 16th 2005 Part2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ujuzzgtmm3m
    thanks chuckc!
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

another set i found on a dvd.

not sure if he made this into a mercuryrising set or not but here it is.

NYE 2007 - "New Year Daze". not sure where this as this is how Steve labeled it.

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8FIDLJ8F

Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDWSK1LT

Comment

• scifi pi
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2004

We are working on get his last 2 or 3 recordings we did here in Pensacola from Thursday, October 23rd with Hafid Atzel at Suite. It was our first night of the monthly residency I LOVE TECHNO. Something a bit different than Steve's banging sets, more laid back and from Halloween, October 31st, 2008 at Jelly on Pensacola Beach. We have those for sure but he did spin a 6 hour marathon set during the afterhours after Jelly. I don't know if he recorded that or not but it still maybe on one of his iRivers that his mother has now. I will definitely try to get those and find out if anything is on them. This would be the very last time he actually played on his infamous CDJ200's and Pioneer 600 mixer.. that would be the morning of Saturday.November 1st, 2008. There was definitely some fire going on that morning in those sets.

Comment

• hashhead
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

nice one mate

cant wait to hear them

woooooo hoooooo

Comment

• scifi pi
            Addiction started
            • Oct 2004

I just noticed that in your Archive of Sets that there is NOTHING from this year's New Years in Pensacola. I remember him doing 2 long marathon sets...a 4 hour and 6 hour I think. I don't know if him or Hafid recorded those. I know the second set was pure FIRE with an hour or so classic Underworld remixes that he dropped in for me since they are my favorite live PA EDM artist. That will be one of the many things that I will miss dearly. He always saved an hour set for me since I'd be the old fart that would take a midnight nap but he would reserve some hotness when everyone was puttering out and I would be fresh with ears and mind to take on his assault of mental mindfuck tracks.

I will go over the hard drive copy and see if those exist. I know he had some pass sets with some sound issues but he didn't have a way or method to do filtering and remastering for public consumption.

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

great job scifi_pi, cannot wait to hear what you give us!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

2 hrs of pensacola is on the front page of MS so I didnt (yet) post in here
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Bender420
                  Tickle me Elmo!
                  • Jun 2004

for the last week i've been grabbing every set put up. this is great!
                  and i just dug into the vault and i have this wmc promos from 04, 05, and 06. also celestial misbehavings - dec 05, and frisky sessions 003 - 8-31-05. i'll get these uploaded to share.
                  Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• scifi pi
                    Addiction started
                    • Oct 2004

Good news...Hafid aka THE LIGHT found the original untouched, unreleased 3 part set from New Years Eve 2007/2008 at our friend's house - Jennifer Dorough....the party was called FSM's Fuck Me Its Already 2008 Spinniclious Soiree'...each part is about 2 hours each = 6 hours of raw Steve James. Out of all the sets in the past 5 years, this one compares to the April marathon set one if not better. I wondering if the New York Daze is 2006/2007 or the first marathon session from 2007/2008.

Comment

• Bender420
                      Tickle me Elmo!
                      • Jun 2004

i also just found his mercury server birthday mix from 03.
                      Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• scifi pi
                        Addiction started
                        • Oct 2004

Just spoke to my friend Jennifer where many times Steve spun at and recorded. She has 2 80 minute CDs that were not released from the NYE this past year which I think is the earlier first marathon session so it looks like almost 10 hours + Halloween (90 minutes) + I Love Techno Thursday (90 minute) = 13 hours of unheard Steve James music. Awesome!

Comment

• chuckc
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

thx to everyone for uploading, cant wait to hear these. steve will live on forever through his music and i am sure that is exactly what he would want

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                            Anyone have Styx livesets?
                            • Jun 2004

get uploading everyone!! thanks to all.

I'm putting up the first 2 ms bday mixes now.

MS FIRST Bday Mix 2003 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3B5EP9XP

MS Second bday mix 2004 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FST3MCLL
                            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• ddr
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scifi pi
                              Good news...Hafid aka THE LIGHT found the original untouched, unreleased 3 part set from New Years Eve 2007/2008 at our friend's house - Jennifer Dorough....the party was called FSM's Fuck Me Its Already 2008 Spinniclious Soiree'...each part is about 2 hours each = 6 hours of raw Steve James. Out of all the sets in the past 5 years, this one compares to the April marathon set one if not better. I wondering if the New York Daze is 2006/2007 or the first marathon session from 2007/2008.

nice, cant wait to hear them!!

the NYE set i posted is NYE 2007... ie: 2006/7.

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

This is all just fantastic!! Thank you all !!

I think I might buy a new external hard drive
                                Originally posted by TheVrk
                                it IS incredible isn't it??
                                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...