• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chloe harris
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Celente Predicts Revolution, Food Riots, Tax Rebellions By 2012

Originally posted by thesightless
    thats just it, bright outlooks dont solve things.

cautious planning and catering to money does.

how can a guy who makes a buttload of cash be happy about potentially having a 45% taxation on his wealth?
    yea they actually do. without bright outlooks, new ideas and thinking, things never change because people act on fear, just as this message proves. hes just trying to scare people as they like to do. it may make people think but its defo not the best way to do it. people are just used to it because of the stupidity of the last 8 years.
    pillow humping rules.

Comment

• chloe harris
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

if this guy is such a great trend researcher then why doesn't he have a wiki page?

anyone that people care about usually have such things.
      pillow humping rules.

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

because he isnt a media person for the most part i would assume. he is a market insider

dick grasso was a nobody until he departed the NYSE and he ran the largest exchange on the planet.

steven a cohen doesnt have a wiki page pertaining to his business either, he is more known to the masses as an art colelctor. and outside of george soros, there isnt a more important hedge fund manager in the US. if they stay outta the media limelight, they dont become rock stars. research that guy. steven A cohen.

stop watching daily show and mtv news, start reading the wall street journal, bloomberg.com and the NY times.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• chloe harris
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

dude stop being a dick and talking down to me. its really annoying.

stop assuming you know what i read and think. i don't treat you that way.

i read all sorts. most usually bbc. cnn sometimes. ny times sometimes and i like to read the guardian and seattle times since its my home town.

waste of time this.
          pillow humping rules.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

listen folks, this is one of those things that you shuold consider, not wipe off as a doomsday scenario.
            Sightless embracing the worst case scenario? Sweet fancy moses, never thought I'd see the day.

his last year of policy talk generalities have the money holders scared shitless and angry.
            Here's something for you to canoodle on for a bit. If the people with all the money are so worked up and terrified about Obama, why exactly did voters who earn in excess of $250K a year (and who, incidentally, are going to see an increase in taxes if Obama's plan goes through) vote in Obama's favor over McCain by 4 points?

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

ok so let's stop fretting over what he's saying and use our brains for a bit.

let's say that perhaps he will turn out to be right. But on what basis can he legitimately and credibly make this claim today? Just because we're in a recession? Because things are bad?

This strikes me as very irresponsible trend prediction. Real predictors of economic and social activity should actually look at the data and make predictions that are reasonable based on that data. That means that if there is a likelihood of an outcome, they will state that in a conservative light, expressing the evidence for and again, and providing some relative sense of probability. What they do not do is trumpet the sensationalist doomsday scenario for opportunistic personal benefit in the hopes that some gullible people will eat it all up without question.

I'm not saying that we're not living in a world of trouble. But even if he turns out to be right, it won't be because he is such a good researcher and forecaster...but I'm sure that the outcome is beside the point. In the mean time, he will have sold some books, given some interviews, etc. It seems to me that this guy really just wants to capitalize on the bad economy and help himself out to make a buck.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

The trend is that the Rich are getting Richer and the Poor are getting Poorer.

(Rich by the way is not someone making $250,000 a year I mean RICH$$)

Comment

• yesme
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Dec 2006

ok so let's stop fretting over what he's saying and use our brains for a bit.

let's say that perhaps he will turn out to be right. But on what basis can he legitimately and credibly make this claim today? Just because we're in a recession? Because things are bad?
                  because we are 10-12 trillion in debt now after the bail-out

because the way the fed banking system was set up, we were born to lose so to speak.

because the way the government handles it's bizz, with the taxes and how they spend money(refer to the recent bail-out and the change of plans for the money, then factor in the news story the other day about a tax loop hole saving the banks 140 billion, while we pay them 700 bil)

the shady 9-11 investigation

there are many things the public is mad about, and as the debt grows higher along with inflation, so will the chances of dudes prediction comming 100% true.

Comment

• Miroslav
                    WHOA I can change this!1!
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by yesme
                    because we are 10-12 trillion in debt now after the bail-out

because the way the fed banking system was set up, we were born to lose so to speak.

because the way the government handles it's bizz, with the taxes and how they spend money(refer to the recent bail-out and the change of plans for the money, then factor in the news story the other day about a tax loop hole saving the banks 140 billion, while we pay them 700 bil)

the shady 9-11 investigation

there are many things the public is mad about, and as the debt grows higher along with inflation, so will the chances of dudes prediction comming 100% true.
                    I don't disagree with you that the chances are arguable greater. My point is just that you have no idea what that probability actually is. And probably neither does that guy. You're both just shooting from the hip. Just about nobody in the world, and certainly not either of you, has the depth of economic expertise to be able to make any sort of strong, reliable and detailed predictions on our fate.

It takes little knowledge to be an extreme conspiracy theorist, like the people who carry around signs saying that the world is ending tomorrow with 100% certainty. What we really need is for more people around the world not to freak out and to roll up their sleeves and work together to figure out how to get things back on the right track. We did it after the Civil War. We did it after the First World War. We did it after the Depression. We did it after the Second World War. We could conceivably do it again.

In some sense, I would suspect that it is to a large degree unwritten as to how things will end up for the world. We could take multiple paths into the future depending on the collective actions we decide to take today and tomorrow. The future will be what we make it.
                    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Localizer
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jul 2004

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...dUY&refer=home

and wait until this shit hits the fan. soros hates america enough, and once he leds the hedge fund rebellion... we are fucked.
                      I gotta admit, hedge fund firms are helping lead the way into impoverishing everyone below upper middle class America. Funny though that most hedge fund firms have seen their value drastically decrease by percentages of 35-50%. They lead the way in being able to short companies enough that it's having a caustic effect on investing.
                      Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Localizer
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2004

because he isnt a media person for the most part i would assume. he is a market insider

dick grasso was a nobody until he departed the NYSE and he ran the largest exchange on the planet.

steven a cohen doesnt have a wiki page pertaining to his business either, he is more known to the masses as an art colelctor. and outside of george soros, there isnt a more important hedge fund manager in the US. if they stay outta the media limelight, they dont become rock stars. research that guy. steven A cohen.

stop watching daily show and mtv news, start reading the wall street journal, bloomberg.com and the NY times.
                        Jim Kramer man, Jim Kramer. I take his words with a grain of salt. Seriously, people need to stop listening to him and focus on researching companies on their own.
                        Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                        -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• thesightless
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chloe harris
                          dude stop being a dick and talking down to me. its really annoying.

stop assuming you know what i read and think. i don't treat you that way.

i read all sorts. most usually bbc. cnn sometimes. ny times sometimes and i like to read the guardian and seattle times since its my home town.

waste of time this.

i wasnt trying to be a dick.

i was trying to explain something i understand may be foreign to you. macro econmics, and its impact on the world based upon historical data. this is what i have spent 8 years in college for and am continuing work on for my doctorate. its what i know. i was never trying to work in any fighting ideas, just simple economy. frankly i there, im scared shitless.

@ toasty's comment.

you dont want to worry about the ppl earning 250-1million. you want to worry about the ppl making 10million plus a year. they didnt vote obama. frankly, these pppl are angry. i deal with them. afriad and angry. and they wont let some peon mook president stand in their way of thier income. they will just go find where its feasible. the 1million plus ppl account for a small % of numbers of america, but a overwhelming majority of the market value. notabely, the hedge funds. and they are about to abandon ship and say fuck you to america's fiscal mess.

Comment

• thesightless
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Localizer
                            Jim Kramer man, Jim Kramer. I take his words with a grain of salt. Seriously, people need to stop listening to him and focus on researching companies on their own.

yes, ppl who listen to ppl like kraemer do more damage than good to the markets. they dont understand, they work on heresey, they cause flucuations, they fuck things up moreso than helps

Comment

• WaveSculptor
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Oct 2006

I am daily amazed at how many fancy themselves prophets, and think people just like to make gloomy forecasts so they can still feel good when the world collapses. It's not a very useful prediction imo because he doesn't offer up any solution (except perhaps to his clients at great expense). Noticing that a meteor is falling overhead is not even half the battle, and genius insight has greater uses than predicting a calamity, for instance preventing it. In other words, he doesn't get partial credit for seeing it coming.

I really don't see a revolution on the horizon, who is rebelling in this scenario? The only social faultlines capable of igniting a revolutionary war in the states are the gap between north and south that has lingered since the civil war (generally revolving around racial tension), and the ever widening divide between classes. Though both strong sources of social friction, these rifts do not run parallel and tend to erupt only in minor isolated incidents.

Depending on who you listen to, the wealthy are either preparing to make some extra sacrifices along with the rest of the nation, or stocking their lifeboats. I will set aside my usual pessimism and submit that they will accept some extra taxation in an effort to restore our economic stability, so long as they see the burden is not solely theirs to shoulder. Keeping a news story on every week about "X number of people getting foreclosed on last month" or "another plant closes in X-ville, 200 more unemployed" will hopefully enable them to be less concerned about closing loopholes. And then of course, who will be positioned to reap the fruits of the recovered economy? If there's one thing cycles of recession do efficiently, it's concentrating actual wealth into fewer hands. From that angle it makes perfect sense to ride out the storm.
                              The Cosmos works by harmony of tensions...

Comment

• sammwalk
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Jun 2004

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...dUY&refer=home

and wait until this shit hits the fan. soros hates america enough, and once he leds the hedge fund rebellion... we are fucked.
                                boy I'm glad you're all worried. someone's got to worry for me. myself? I can't deal with it. you guys sort it out.

Comment

Working...