X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Many will think I'm a dick because of this

but why do we need 20 threads about steve, and the top 100 people all with avatars or signatures about steve? I can't read one thread on ms without being reminded multiple times of this... we all miss him, but can we please all agree that we don't need to make this place any more depressing than it already is? Please, no more new threads about missing him, no more signatures about him, and no more putting his picture in every thread. It's very frustrating to become instantly depressed every time I come here... it's making me and dozens of others not want to come on here until it goes away.
  • ribbario
    Underwater
    • Aug 2006

Re: Many will think I'm a dick because of this

agreed 100 %
    Mixes !!!

Comment

• buckman
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Well said bro.Your right it is pretty depressing.that why im going to change back an a different avatar.I think it should be only fit for the people that really knew him.I myself never knew him.which now im sorry that I never had the chance to but thats neither here nor there.
      " Darkness Imprisioning Me
      All That I See
      Absolute Horror
      I Cannot Live
      I Cannot Die
      Trapped In Myself
      Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Kat
        A pretty fn good milkshake
        • Mar 2006

i dont think youre a dick, its just everyone mourns in a different way so its hard to say to someone not to express his/hers feelings if that makes them feel a bit better or closer to jibs

ist a difficult time for the whole community and it sucks big time either way you put it
        ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

your a dick!

people have the right mourn as they feel appropriate - its part of the process.

why ask people to keep inside emotions that should be let out.

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Pickle. I agree with you that it is very depressing, and I respect your opinion.. I think the same amount of respect should be shown to those wanting to use those avatars...Agreed, there is no need to make a million thread about the issue, but if people choose to make signatures, and use that avatar, it should be respected. People grieve in different ways.

Oh, and I don't think you are a dick for saying what you feel.
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

Pickle, I understand where you are coming from, but we all mourn differently. You have to let everyone do what they must do to grieve. Honestly, what you asking is not fair. People have the right to show support and love for Steve, especially in MS. This was his stomping grounds. As hard as it is, you have to respect that bud.

I respect you Pickle this is hard for everyone dude. This is one place we can share the love and joy of Steve.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

turn signatures and avatars off for the time being. hell, thats the way i alway have it.

Comment

• BureOne
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

dick

Comment

• BureOne
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

nah I agree, it is pretty depressing and still UNBELIEVABLE! but it is what it is...
                    This kinda reminds me of that guy they moved out into the woods in a small tent on The Beach.. you bastards!!

Comment

• BureOne
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

out of site out of mind, but I think its too early for that. I dont mind all these threads and sigs, etc..
                      But I understand what you mean Pickle.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        Anyone have Styx livesets?
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BureOne
                        This kinda reminds me of that guy they moved out into the woods in a small tent on The Beach.. !
                        took me a while to get that - but great analogy.
                        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• MJ
                          Here since 2002
                          • Jun 2004

I aint removing my avatar, ever.
                          mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

I don't think you are a dick, I think you are dealing with this in your way, but you have to let us deal with it our way, just about nothing that anyone says or does now is wrong, we are all responding in the ways that we know. It just takes time . My time will be when I want to remove the avatar.
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DancingQueen
                              AVB FanClub | President
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MJ
                              I aint removing my avatar, ever.
                              neither will I!

Adam I totally see where you are coming from and I understand how you feel. Its definitely hard to come on here and see his pictures and listen to his sets, etc. but at the same time, its the only place I can grieve about his passing and have people understand.

When other people around me ask why I am sad and I tell them they don't understand....they ask how can I be so sad after meeting someone only once and the rest of the time talking to him on MSN every single day....the only people that understand are the people here on this board.

I think you need to let us grieve how we choose to grieve....as others have said, everyone grieves in their own way and we need to allow people to do this, especially in these circumstances....its not healthy for people to bottle things up inside as we now no all to well
                              sigpic
                              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...