X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexfish333
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

Re: Many will think I'm a dick because of this

I just have to say-as a member who's "moderately" active on this board. I was saddened to hear about this news and I absolutely have seen Jib's threads and comments for years-so I know it's a huge loss for the forum. SInce his passing, I've seen pictures and avatars and signatures and everything.....

While an argument has been made for "everyone to deal with this in their own way" I have to say that perhaps the best way to deal with that is to create another division of this board to deal with threads/thoughts/discussions about this matter....

At the end of the day-this is a dance music forum and there are loads of people who come here to be a part of a community of people who share the same love. If there are some new people, or even some seasoned members, who are looking to feel like a part of a community(one in which Steve himself valued tremendously), it can instantly alienate people and be a reason to steer clear. With all the bad news these days, job losses, war etc people often indulge in some time wasting here in order to escape from all this. It's a bit tough to check out some new music and friends and be confronted by SUICIDE everywhere.....
    Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Very sensible but a lot aren't feeling very sensible at the moment. It will inevitably spill over. I really tthink we should let this outpouring run it's course.

It will run it's course. Life really does go on.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Alternatively maybe we can set up a sub forum so everyone has a choice to visit it to do what they do ... so GYY and the rest of the forum can go on, those who grieve has a place to do so, etc ...

Cos honestly there's no point telling people to stop it, we all have to do what we do, you can't turn the grieving process into an amputated stump, that just even more fucked up. I shouldn't even be this affected but I strangely am and I'm at a constant loss in here, typing up posts only to delete them.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

it happened saturday. most people here didnt find out until monday or tuesday. it only being thursday now, i think what is going on is perfectly appropriate.

we can create a subforum if this is still a concern for people...but no need to get ahead of ourselves. expecting all the steve threads to go away in two days is a bit much. things will return to normal...just give people time.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^ You will know when it comes time to put Steve's threads in their own place .
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
              it happened saturday. most people here didnt find out until monday or tuesday. it only being thursday now, i think what is going on is perfectly appropriate.

we can create a subforum if this is still a concern for people...but no need to get ahead of ourselves. expecting all the steve threads to go away in two days is a bit much. things will return to normal...just give people time.

same exact thought i had. at some point the crew can create a seperate sub forum purely dedicated to steve given his passion for ms....but geessh...u all can put up with a few extra threads for steve until everyone has a chance to get level headed again.

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
                Addiction started
                • Aug 2008

I understand Pickle. However, sleep is a rarity and reading all these wonderful thoughts and memories about him is truly been helpful to me. I am sorry but it really is.
                UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

i understand your point of view!

but i still think your a dick!

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                    but i still think your a dick!
                    You just love dicks.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

it was so he didnt get upset!

i see his point of view, but it wasnt going to change anything by posting it!

Comment

Working...