X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Steve James - Hometown Memorial Service

I just spoke to Steve's mother and they just got back to Port Charlotte, Florida five minutes ago. FYI - tentative date for memorial service is next Saturday morning, November 22nd with a celebration of his life afterwards. I say tentative pending legal paperwork and duration time of shipping remains to south Florida which looks like Monday, no later than Tuesday (per Pensacola funeral home manager) with a 2-3 days of shipping to Port Charlotte, FL.

I should be able to confirm by this afternoon or early Monday AM. I posted this ASAP for those that need to make as early work arrangements and travel/carpool plans since most of Pensacola crew and some the [ms] board members attending will be driving long distances and work in the hospitality industry which require them to work weekends. Hopefully this gives some of you time to request off.

For those that maybe coming from west of Pensacola (i.e. New Orleans, LA and around those areas) who may want to ride/carpool/follow the Pensacola group are welcome to do so. Our tentative plan is to leave sometime Friday early evening since some have to work until 5 pm. If this applies to anyone outside Pensacola, please PM me with your screen name, regular full name, email address and contact #. The Pensacola FSM crew are meeting Sunday evening to go over logistics (time, route and lodging) and after that I will contact those that are interested in rendezvousing with us. Steve's mother and uncle will do their best in accommodating as many people as they can and we also have contacts in the greater Tampa area (1 hour north of Port Charlotte) if additional lodging is needed. I know for many of you in this current economic tough time, that you are just surviving or getting by but we will do our very best to keep cost to a minimum but at the same time make the extra effort to properly represent the [ms] and EDM community that his family had no knowledge of. I hope that this with our own celebration the following Thanksgiving weekend will help with the healing and recovery from this tragic loss.

Sincerely - Oliver M. aka Grandpa Rave.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Steve James - Hometown Memorial Service

In honor of Steve - MercuryServer will remain closed on the day of the Memorial Service.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Shiva
      MCast Mistress
      • Nov 2007

Yes!

Comment

• scifi pi
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2004

Is it possible to have his last Mcast stream and loop automatically for the entire day. I know in most cases a time of silence is used but knowing Steve he would have it going loud and proud. His mother mentioned yesterday, even though she and 99% of the family relatives and friends don't listen or have heard "techno" music but she demanded/insisted that on his memorial/celebration of life day that his music will be played throught out the whole day, no matter what. no questions asked. I gave her my personal CD copy of his last show with his handwriting on it for this very purpose.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

I can try to embed a player into the forum on that day though not sure hot easy it will be. Will give it a go.

Originally posted by scifi pi
          His mother mentioned yesterday, even though she and 99% of the family relatives and friends don't listen or have heard "techno" music but she demanded/insisted that on his memorial/celebration of life day that his music will be played throught out the whole day, no matter what. no questions asked. I gave her my personal CD copy of his last show with his handwriting on it for this very purpose.

Thoughts?
          that was very thoughtful oliver. nice one. I'm sure she'll fall in love with Steve's music.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• shosh
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Fez Up
            I can try to embed a player into the forum on that day though not sure hot easy it will be. Will give it a go.

that was very thoughtful oliver. nice one. I'm sure she'll fall in love with Steve's music.
            just kill the main page and make it an auto stream

Comment

• lilsensa
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Is it possible to have his last Mcast stream and loop automatically for the entire day. I know in most cases a time of silence is used but knowing Steve he would have it going loud and proud. His mother mentioned yesterday, even though she and 99% of the family relatives and friends don't listen or have heard "techno" music but she demanded/insisted that on his memorial/celebration of life day that his music will be played throught out the whole day, no matter what. no questions asked. I gave her my personal CD copy of his last show with his handwriting on it for this very purpose.

Thoughts?
              Beautiful. Port Charlotte is about an hour north of me. I will try my hardest to get there.
              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

dude an hour away ? you better get there mate.....
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• lilsensa
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

You bet your ass I'll be there.
                  RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• MJ
                    Here since 2002
                    • Jun 2004

I beg someone who is there to please say good bye to him from me.
                    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• lilsensa
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

^^Most definitely, MJ.
                      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Thoughts?
                        That's a wonderful idea!!!
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DancingQueen
                          AVB FanClub | President
                          • Oct 2005

I wish I could be there more than anything, but it is just not possible
                          Can someone please, please, please tell him I love him and miss him so much and that he will always be in my heart xoxoxo
                          sigpic
                          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• scifi pi
                            Addiction started
                            • Oct 2004

Here's another idea similar to above...I don't know if this is possible. 24 hours of Steve James but somehow pickout some his best stuff and I believe we have at least 3-4 hours of his last recorded sets and just maybe I can get the iRiver's back in time of the last true 6 hours of him ever playing. The task picking out the best would be difficult but that marathon set from April 2007 in Pensacola was the shit. I know I was there. There definitely was some sort of sonic audio VORTEX going on during that set. We literally had the walls shaking and foundation rumbling during that time. I remember walking on the wooded floor with socks and the shit was vibrating like crazy during some of his peak tracks. Shit..I just got chills.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

yes please steal all the stuff off that iRiver. it has some jewels on it.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...