X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3hitsaday
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

a couple of CD reviews..

So i dont post here much, but i just wanted to throw my 2cents in to my thoughts on some of these mixes out there by some of my favorite DJs.

Diggers - transitions 4 & bedrock 10 :
    i just seem to really "get" diggers on disc. He's the best when it comes to a night out but that "sound" just doesnt come through on his discs. I enjoyed transitions 2 & 3 the best and thought they were the most dark and twisted discs but 1 and 4 were lost on me. Let's hope bedrock 10 gets better w/ multiple listenings.

Sasha - invol2ver
    Loving this one. Sasha sets a good mood w/ this sonic, spacey sound he's mastered since airdrawndagger. Does anyone else here think the "new emissions" soundtrack was 40 minutes of pure bliss? I cant stop listening to this one.

Nick Warren - GU lima
    I've always loved Nick Warrens GUs and thought they just kept getting better and better. It seems like everyone on here has fallen in love with Lima and i have to say i just cant get into it as much as Reykavik, shanghai (which i know most didnt care for) or Paris. All 3 of those blew me away on 1st listen but this new one i think is going to have to grow on me. Nothing seems to ever build and explode in your ears the way other compilations have.

But then again, who knows, i'm still wasted from last nights rocking Burridge set.
Working...