X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

BMW, Toyota US Gov't Corruption

Well now we know why a lot of you guys think US auto makers make shitty cars. Bribery and payoffs always make the public think something is better then another thing.
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: BMW, Toyota US Gov't Corruption

Originally posted by runningman
    http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Yahoo_...ited_1117.html

Well now we know why a lot of you guys think US auto makers make shitty cars. Bribery and payoffs always make the public think something is better then another thing.
    To be clear, the conclusion that I and millions of Americans have drawn that Beamers and Toyotas are superior to US cars has exactly zero to do with anything that Jim DeMint or Mitch McConnell have to say. It explains why they might be partial to those vehicles, but even if they've been yelling it from the mountain tops, I couldn't give a frog's green ass what those two jagoffs have to say and they wouldn't influence my opinion even if I had heard them.

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
      http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Yahoo_...ited_1117.html

ok I'm gonna guess - you work for a US automaker? Or someone in your family does?
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

you know, the funny thing, is that even though I rail on US-made cars, I just bought one over the weekend -- ah, the irony.

It's a Jeep Wrangler, though, which AFAIC is the only acceptable US-made vehicle out there. This will be my fourth one, and I just love them...

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

i drive a 2000 ford mustang.... not by choice. it was a graduation gift.. cant really complain about free, lol.

once it dies, im getting a beamer though, no doubt about that. been wanting a bmw almost all my life.
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

infiniti all the way.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
              • Mar 2008

^ indeed. although i'm an american vintage hot rodder, these classes of automobiles speak for themselves, im actually lookin into an older beamar btw for mileage etc. -->

---

for the sake of employment etc., i am leaning somewhat for a temporary/stimulating auto bill boost. what we need is equilibrating and well moderated dissemination of the funds, and not indiscriminately, jettisoned cheeseballz aimed down those same old avenues (who neglect the progressive strivings towards alternative energy, for obvious reasons.)... they already failed yeah? or am i wrong? will a bill make it worse?
              Last edited by i!!ustrious; November 18, 2008, 01:48:01 PM. Reason: pics
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

any bill needs to be put to these automakers to assure it's being properly used AND to first make sure these companies are solvent enough to take the money.

The GOP is basically saing "no dice" which would leave it up to the Democrats to put any bill through.

Right now by the "cash burn" that GM goes through, $25B will only get them a few more months to a year tops.

Today, GM is delaying incentive payments to dealerships for up to 2 weeks and just sold it's mini-stake in Suzuki ($232 million raised which might get them about 2 weeks worth of time )

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2006

I drive two BMWs currently, and I will never drive anything but a BMW for the rest of my life.

That said, even BMW is hurting these days. They're busy laying off something like 8,000 workers right now. They also shut down production for a month at one of their plants recently. Inventories were building up.

I work in real estate right now, but can tell you that we don't have it as bad as the luxury car salesmen. Visit a dealership these days, you'll see tumbleweed blowing through the showroom.

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

BMW'S and Mercedes up here in Canada are honestly so old. That was like 10 years ago when everyone got a BMW. Apparently you guys in the US didn't get the memo. Infinity's and Cadillac's are the new to go. I can't believe Mercedes are still on the market. I test drove one last year and the buttons were falling off it (Honestly a piece of shit). BMW's just have that suburb rich feeling. People out in the burbs feel like they made it when they get a BMW. I find it funny to watch fake rich people think they made it because they drive a BMW.

Comment

• thesightless
                      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                      • Jun 2004

i honestly dont like BMW, its a design flaw i feel. i just dont like they way they look. my dad has an X5, and mom has a G500 from benz. i love her truck. i told her she can never sell it to anyone but me.

i drive a G35 4 door, and in march i think ill buy a G37. infiiniti cars are great. they run so smooth, quick as shit, handle great, never had a problem with this car other than hitting a pothole on the Grand Central and bending a rim.
                      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by thesightless
                        i honestly dont like BMW, its a design flaw i feel. i just dont like they way they look. my dad has an X5, and mom has a G500 from benz. i love her truck. i told her she can never sell it to anyone but me.

i drive a G35 4 door, and in march i think ill buy a G37. infiiniti cars are great. they run so smooth, quick as shit, handle great, never had a problem with this car other than hitting a pothole on the Grand Central and bending a rim.

To be fair.... an X5 is not really a BMW.

I'm sure you'd love driving my 545 with SMG transmission. Believe me, it's so much fun.

Last edited by subterFUSE; November 18, 2008, 11:37:52 PM.

Comment

Working...