X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Saxby Chambliss Runoff

OK, first of all, cheers to Saxby Chambliss for having a fucking awesome name. Is there a name that says "Senator from the south" more than "Saxby Chambliss?" If you name your kid Saxby, you're either guaranteeing him a lifetime of high-profile success, or getting a wedgie pretty much every day. I digress.

Much though I love his name, however, I can't tell you how much I would love to see this jackass lose his seat. He's the same guy that bounced triple-amputee Vietnam Vet Max Cleland from his seat 6 years ago on charges that he wasn't patriotic enough. You gotta have quite a set to pull something like that off with a straight face. Probably won't happen, but I view this election as a whole as a bit of a rejection of cutthroat politics, and while there was nothing particularly vile about this race as far as I'm aware, seeing Captain Cutthroat himself go down would really warm the cockles of my heart.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Saxby Chambliss Runoff

wow, your just fishing for shit to talk about huh.

lets talk about how obama went from "lobbyists will not have influence" to him having a majority of his team being lobbyists.

GO.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
      wow, your just fishing for shit to talk about huh.
      Kinda, but it is the only active race out there as far as I'm aware, and it potentially holds the balance of the Senate depending upon what happens in AK and MN, so it's certainly significant. I'm actually not pulling for him because it would give the Dems 60, though -- if anything, I would prefer that they not have 60 -- but if it gets his ass out of office, I'm all for it.

lets talk about how obama went from "lobbyists will not have influence" to him having a majority of his team being lobbyists.
      pardon? seriously, point me to a source on this, and I'll discuss it.

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

its the times from this weekend(15th or 16th) . i dont have my online subscription anymore, but here is another reference to it.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

lol, and i just killed toasty's productivity for the next few hours.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

lol, and i just killed toasty's productivity for the next few hours.
            don't flatter yourself.

Comment

• thesightless
              • Jun 2004

you were sweating, admit it. u may have even knocked over the picture of barak you keep on your desk, in front of the one of your wife.

Comment

• CactusBeats
                Addiction started
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by toasty
                ...and while there was nothing particularly vile about this race as far as I'm aware, ...
                There was Senator Chambliss' comment made to an Atlanta suburban, mostly white crowd the weekend before the election warning them to get out and vote for him because "the other folks" are voting in this election in large numbers. I (also CNN & other news outlets) took this supposition as an implicit reference to the African-American community responding to vote in large numbers presumably in part due to the popularity of Barack Obama.

(see:

)

I was particularly happy to see that enough of "the other folks" (no matter who they were) showed up to vote for someone other than a man who would refer to anyone or any group he represents as "the other folks."

Saxby Chambliss - you are a racist fuck & an ass, and you will lose in the runoff.

...seeing Captain Cutthroat himself go down would really warm the cockles of my heart.
                So on this, I couldn't agree with you more toasty.
                Last edited by CactusBeats; November 19, 2008, 12:26:33 AM.
                I like your Christ.
                I do not like your Christians.
                Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CactusBeats
                  There was Senator Chambliss' comment made to an Atlanta suburban, mostly white crowd the weekend before the election warning them to get out and vote for him because "the other folks" are voting in this election in large numbers.
                  ah, had heard about that, didn't realize it was Chambliss...

Comment

• Miroslav
                    WHOA I can change this!1!
                    • Apr 2006

yeah that was a pretty stupid promise by Obama...not sure why he went there. you can't throw a rock in Washington without hitting someone who is a lobbyist or has close ties to lobbyists. If you want to work with anyone in Washington on anything, you can't avoid them.
                    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• speciale
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Dec 2005

no way martin is the better man. they guy is just a push over or better yet, Harry Ried's puppet. the guy looks like a weasel.

go Saxby!
                      Originally posted by Miroslav
                      It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                      No Soup for You

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

its the times from this weekend(15th or 16th) . i dont have my online subscription anymore, but here is another reference to it.
                        Well, having read through the NYT article, it's a bit disappointing, but I am heartened to know that he's at least got some procedural impediments in place to lobbyists exerting the same level of power as in previous administrations. I never really had any illusions about Obama putting lobbyists out of business, because that's just not realistic.

The thing that always bothered me about lobbyists was (1) the fact that a lot of it wasn't done in the most transparent way possible, and (2) the revolving door phenomenon, where a company would lobby a congressman and contribute to his campaign, that congressman would propose legislation that was literally written by lobbyists, it would get passed, and then the congressman would give up his seat for a lucrative job lobbying for -- guess who -- the very company that sought his influence earlier. Who knows, maybe they'd subsequently get appointed to a plum government position. That sort of shit just flunks the smell test, and as long as that goes by the wayside, he'll have done what I expected.

As compared to other administrations, though, I think what he's doing is better than what has been done to reduce lobbyist influence, which is to say something is better than nothing.

Comment

• CactusBeats
                          Addiction started
                          • Mar 2008

As compared to other administrations, though, I think what he's doing is better than what has been done to reduce lobbyist influence, which is to say something is better than nothing.
                          Agreed. Progress !! not perfection....
                          I like your Christ.
                          I do not like your Christians.
                          Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                            • Mar 2008

Well shucks, perhaps his name did win it for him..

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• mark1905
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by w0e & cri5is
                              Well shucks, perhaps his name did win it for him..

I dunno.. my person theory is:

On Nov 4 this year, the country was ready. People had been waiting years for this, so the turnout by the left/Dems/sensible people (whatever you want to call them) was unreal, and we got shit done.

Now, afterwards, a good amount of people went back to life as normal.. mission accomplished.

What's a good ol' southern redneck Republican to do? They crawled out of every cave and swamp they could.. just like the rest of the country did on Nov 4.. to fight back however they could.

Timing.. all timing.
                              www.purelifesoap.com

Comment

Working...