Who's going out this weekend? And Picklemonkey's new house..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

thanks guys now that my roommate's moving out, I'm going to try buying a house. For being 22 years old, I was pretty surprised to hear that I can have a guaranteed 80k home loan with no money down, and I'll find out tonight if I can get a up to a 120k loan with no money down. Each payment is supposed to be no more than $600. Two of my buddies are home loan officers and are working to get me the best loan they can find... and they aren't charging me any of their or their company's fees. We'll see how everything goes this week.
    then your credit kicks ass
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

man, I'm all politicized out too...stayed in to watch the election instead of going out last night...

I can't wait for tomorrow...then Friday....then Saturday...then Sunday...
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• DreamGirlie
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

picklemonkey- that rent is so cheap! I cant believe you would only be paying that much even without a roomate! is it in the ghetto
        "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• santo26
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Re: Bored of politics? Who's going out this weekend?

Yeah ride with my bike, I?m hard of politics, at the end is the same

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DreamGirlie
            picklemonkey- that rent is so cheap! I cant believe you would only be paying that much even without a roomate! is it in the ghetto
            i thought the same thing. $600 is el cheapo for a house, unless its in college station, tx. tons of cheap housing there if you don't mind cows grazing in your back yard. :o

SANDER TONIGHT!
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

I scored a 713 when he ran my credit report. The 675/mo is with rent, tax, and insurance all balled into one payment. The place I'm currently living at now is $650 (I have one roommate), and I love the place! I definitely don't want to move... A two bedroom has with an unfinished basement (where my pool table/washer/dryer/storage/etc are) and a nice kitchen/living room/back porch (with a foosball table), small fenced back yard. It's in the middle of Kansas City's nightlife area (Westport), and all sorts of bars/clubs/good food/shopping /hospital are a 3 minute drive. It's centrally located in KC, so everything else is no more than a 20-30 minute drive to any corner of the city. It's a kickass place, and I really don't want to move... but if I can buy a house and get another roommate I'll be all about it. I'm going to look for a new house in the same area for sure. I'm probably going to buy new furniture once I get a new house, too... at least, new couch/recliners. Have been thinking about buying a big-screen TV, but now don't think I will since I'll need other shit for the house if/when I buy one. Now come room up with me :P

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

maybe the person you are renting from is willing to sell the place? doesn't hurt to ask
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  • Jun 2004

doubt it. It's a rental company. I think I'd rather buy a different one, anyways. It has a 3 car (long, not wide) driveway, but no garage. It needs a bunch of work, but it's still a killer location to rent from.

Comment

• neoee
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Pickle- If you can make it through the first year you'll be set (read get money from parents). The money you will get back from the tax write offs will easily subsidize the following years. Also look into to different finance terms (now most some banks even offer 40 year fixed).

BTW what kind of house does 80K buy in Missouri? Around here you couldn't even get into a condo for that.
                    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      • Jun 2004

I could probably buy a pretty good decent house here. living is cheap here... definitely much cheaper than the huge metro areas. It won't be my dream house, but it'll be decent, and I'm only 22. The earlier I start, the better I'll be later.

so who's moving in with me? I still need a roommate since my current one's bailing to live with his girlfriend

Comment

• MJ
                        Here since 2002
                        • Jun 2004

You do right moving at the age you are now Pickles, i bought a house around your age and when i move (early next year) i should make quite a tidy little sum to put down on a larger house.

Incidentley, i bought a 5 bedroom house 2 years ago to rent out to students, i`m now in the process of selling it. With the house prices over here rocketing in the last few years my investment of ?54,000 is going to sell for ?152,500. Thats just in 2 years ffs! Not that i`m complaining at all

k`ching :P
                        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• picklemonkey
                          • Jun 2004

^hellll yeah dude! hope that happens to me... check out the link below. Let me know if it doesn't work. It's just a sample of what's going on here in KC... some are ghetto, but most are nice houses that are just too far from where I want to be :/

KC Houses

Comment

• neoee
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

^^^ WOW thats pretty good for 80K. Like MJ said don't wait. I said I wasn't making enough to myself when I was 23. Waited till this year to buy a house only to find the houses that I could have bought for 200 were now up to 300 and my pay went up relative to that amount as well so waiting essentially cost me 100k.
                            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• mixu
                              Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Musical Journey
                              You do right moving at the age you are now Pickles, i bought a house around your age and when i move (early next year) i should make quite a tidy little sum to put down on a larger house.

Incidentley, i bought a 5 bedroom house 2 years ago to rent out to students, i`m now in the process of selling it. With the house prices over here rocketing in the last few years my investment of ?54,000 is going to sell for ?152,500. Thats just in 2 years ffs! Not that i`m complaining at all

k`ching :P

MJ's buying the beers at Fabric then!
                              Ask me a question...

Comment

• wonk
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Oct 2004

Re: Who's going out this weekend? And Picklemonkey's new hou

im havin a few beers for the wknd and headin along to Jonathan Lisle over here in Dublin on sat. small little venue, usually good atmosphere, shud be good :wink:

Comment

Working...