Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

so, i was right again.

here we go, first day of a 100% official recession

boy, CHANGE working well.

i think ive had ENOUGH

get ready for massive layoffs on a scale we havent seen in decades.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: so, i was right again.

lol, depression
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

the question i have all for you obama morons is

WHATS THE FUCKING PLAN
      WHAT ARE THE DETAILS
      WHY IS HE SO QUIET

one owuld think the pres elect of the USA would at least have a voice within the next 24 hours, because, the shit has hit the fan, doomsday talk was right. we werent being negative, we were being realistic. so what does the (no pun intended) trained moneky have to say?> or does he need to consult barney frank, peolosi and clinton family.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

I suspect he is waiting because he can't control the situation right now - the old administration is still calling the shots, not him. But granted, part of the problem in the markets right now is that they perceive the current administration deferring certain decisions right now for the next administration - and it doesn't like it. So it might help if he tried to say something....

But the root causes of this crisis extend many years beyond Obama. And the consequences of those root causes will now take some time to unravel. It's unrealistic to think that Obama will be able to wave some magic wand and suddenly make all of these problems go away. His campaign (and McCain's, for the most part) was run on the premise of somewhat normal economic conditions. But it wouldn't have made a difference who we would have elected - no executive figure from either party will be able to do something drastically different with the situation. Unfortunately, there is no quick way out of this.
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

imo... the Market has been falsly inflated due to the Fed playing god with the interest rate.

maybe the dow wasnt meant to be at 14,000... maybe it is going back down to where it really should be?

probably stupid thinking but thats what is going through my mind..
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• yesme
            Gold Gabber
            • Dec 2006

yep, nothing was planned, this was all an accident, go back to watching the hills now, the guberment will take care of everything, pay no attention to the trillions added to the debt, we will just pass that cost on to your kids(not ours says the top 1%)

lololololoololololollooololool

Comment

• WaveSculptor
              Getting warmed up
              • Oct 2006

Doesn't it seem a bit disingenuous to hang this on the new pres, who hasn't even taken office yet, rather than the shortcomings of the past 8 years? Would you go out on a limb as president elect and start making speeches and predictions that could damage your credibility before you were even in a position to make any sort of impact on the situation?
              The Cosmos works by harmony of tensions...

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by WaveSculptor
                Doesn't it seem a bit disingenuous to hang this on the new pres, who hasn't even taken office yet, rather than the shortcomings of the past 8 years? Would you go out on a limb as president elect and start making speeches and predictions that could damage your credibility before you were even in a position to make any sort of impact on the situation?
                In a word, yes.

Sightless is irritated that Obama isn't doing anything (notwithstanding that he hasn't even taken office yet), but I'd be ready to bet that if Obama was out there doing something to try to quell this crisis, the refrain would be that Obama was to blame for meddling before he was inaugurated and ready to jump into the process...

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

the problem with the american people is that they want everything fixed now now now.. problem is, this will take awhile probably a decade if not longer.

media isnt helping this either, which is normal, heh.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                    the problem with the american people is that they want everything fixed now now now.. problem is, this will take awhile probably a decade if not longer.

media isnt helping this either, which is normal, heh.
                    True, the last thing anyone needs right now is more bold statements, talking before thinking and politics based on fear/panic

I don't think this mediatized instant solution syndrome is something typical American though, we have it overhere too. Perception seems to win over reason sometimes it seems.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

We have it here as well
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KinKyJ
                        Platinum Poser
                        • Jun 2004

You have media is Australia?

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

Bush is doing everything possible right now to destroy the USA's infrastructure. It is official that Bush has made all the wrong moves since he stole the election. Obama is mute right now because whatever he says Bush will try to fuck it up.

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

^^ lulz
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Localizer
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2004

Here's the kicker. Nearly all recessions in the 20th/21st century have been preceded by war or proceeded after a war (I decided to research past recessionary periods and the dates of wars). If we do go into a depression, I suspect it'll take another large scale war to move things again. If the recession ends next year sometime then I suspect another war, possibly with Pakistan around 8-10 years from now.

Others speculate a war with Iran in about 2009 and it could happen given hillary's stubborn stance against Iran.
                              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...