X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bender420
    Tickle me Elmo!
    • Jun 2004

I'm getting by with a little help from Steve

so i live in a pretty hip neighborhood of uptown new orleans. the main street in the neighborhood is oak street, to which i live almost directly on the corner. i found a flyer on my door yesterday about the po-boy festival today on oak st. now for those of you not familiar with louisiana, we use anything for an excuse to eat, drink, and be merry in public. so the po-boy fest is nothing out of the ordinary. the flyer stated that the festival would spill over onto the side streets off oak st for the vendors tents and what not. and warned that we should move our cars if we would need to leave the house. no problem, glad for the heads up!.
    so i got to bed about 5a.m. this morning, only to be rudely awoken by workers putting up a huge tent almost directly outside my windowat 8a.m.! after 45 min or so it got quiet again so i wasn't to disturbed. and then at 11:30 some guy start screaming thru a microphone right there! turns out, it was the main stage and judges tent they put up outside my window! and this douche is REALLY annoying! askin' 'where his hommies be at?' and this is a middle class white guy!
    so here i am twitchin b/c some bag is screaming outside my house, i can't go anywhere, my friends are out of town or sick so i couldn't go to there houses if i wanted to.
    which brings me to the title of this thread,
    i'm BLASTING Steve's p-cola set in order to drown out the bag outside and keep me from blowing up somebodies car! i have a feeling Steve is looking down on me right now with a smile!!!
    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: I'm getting by with a little help from Steve

I think you should put your speakers up on the window sill facing the stage. Give the people a fantastic mix and great music to listen to instead of homeboy!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: I'm getting by with a little help from Steve

There must be something about that set!! I found myself writing some pretty strong stuff on my local forum yesterday while I was listening to it One of the posters I responded to hasn't been back since
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...