X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Balance 014 Mixed by Joris Voorn - Tracklist

^ are some of those actual tracks? Or are some of them ambient sounds layered on top of tracks? extra drum-kit records? or are they really really actual tracks mixed together?
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• fletcher
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by 88Mariner
      ^ are some of those actual tracks? Or are some of them ambient sounds layered on top of tracks? extra drum-kit records? or are they really really actual tracks mixed together?
      Im guessing your right there.

Very much looking forward to this. Ill reserve judgement until i hear it,

I remember when the Transitions 4 tracklist was made available and somebody on this forum said something like "shit? Digweed playing 22 tracks in 1 cd, thats rubbish, i hate it when djs do this"; and it turned out to be awesome as we all knew it would.
      http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

a lot of those aren't "tracks." this is techno. as soon as you start to look at the compilation as a whole from parts put into it instead of a "mix cd" like something digweed would put together, it'll make more sense.

first half of cd 1, basic channel, echospace, etc...sick dub techno. i have a lot of the records in this mix. looking at the progression of artists from beginning to end, i think it's going to be awesome. i'm especially looking forward to disc 1.

this isn't bad boy bill. hawtin dropped 35+ tracks in dex n fx and nobody whined about it. there are a lot of acapellas, tools, loops...mixing parts to make a whole, not track to track to track. i'll bet you won't even know what's playing or when it's playing during a lot of this cd. look at the list again, and remove anything that says "pella" in it and the list shrinks. some of the other "tracks" are going to be looped and layered.
        h e l l o t e c h n o f u c k y e a h.

stoked. props to balance for mixing it up and going this direction in a series i'd otherwise forgotten about.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

Well that D FX 909 cd was before the time of Ableton though. It literally was Decks Efx and a 909 like the album says.

I too can't imagine it being all that great with all those tracks. But with layering of sounds, you can create a bigger sound.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
            Well that D FX 909 cd was before the time of Ableton though.
            so? the concept is exactly the same. forget the medium used to get to the end product. btw, where does it say this was put together in ableton? i missed that. (it probably was, but don't assume anything, especially how it's going to sound because you're already discrediting it when you haven't even heard it yet.)

one of my biggest pet peves about music is people putting out a mix cd, live set, whatever, and the first few responses in the thread are, "Tracklist please??" "Tracklist??" um, no. How about you just listen to the music and maybe be surprised for once? The internet has really sucked that special soething out of mixtapes and compilations like this.

it's also interesting reading the response to the disc on different types of music boards.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

well you were speaking about how people get so razzled these days about cd's with that many tracks. But back in the old vinyl days it was more like respected to be able to put that many tracks on a cd.

I know I personally won't be listening to it. I'm not into cd's like that. Except Hawtin's DFX909 CD and only the first one. That stuff is techno. The stuff these days is not techno. It's more of a deep tech house stuff, called techno.
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

tomato tomahto

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

here's the thing; with progressive music, you can't be Johnny QuickMix. the point of progressive music is to tell a story, take a journey. imagine for a moment that digweed crammed both disks of Bedrock1 onto 1 disk. great choons but would sound like shit.

i think the assumption here (and I made it too) that Jooris Vorn is a progressive dj. apparently he isn't. but that doesn't mean this compilation won't sound good. I thought Balance was prog/house oriented, but I can see they've branched into some good techno.

I've only heard one mix so far that would resemble what I anticipate to be on this Comp. And I thought it rocked. It reminds me a lot of what Zabiela does, but simply using more drum/rythm/ambient layers instead of breaking a single track down into snippets.
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Eh Voorn was always a techno dude in my books. Why would anyone think he is prog?
                    Last edited by feather; November 26, 2008, 10:30:52 PM.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• buckman
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Whats up with minilouge?? 6 tracks on this one compilation
                      Last edited by buckman; November 26, 2008, 11:08:55 PM.
                      " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                      All That I See
                      Absolute Horror
                      I Cannot Live
                      I Cannot Die
                      Trapped In Myself
                      Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                        Eh Voorn was always a techno dude in my books.
                        ^yes, this.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by buckman
                          Whats up with minilouge?? 6 tracks on this one compilation

Comment

• GregWhelan
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Very surprised that the RA mix was voted best of 2007? I listened to it today, and whilst it has it's moments, I wouldn't call it amazing. He seems to get a groove going, then will drop it out and play some ambient stuff for 2 minutes and start again?

Heard him play at Space in September and he was playing house & prog.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                              • Mar 2008

not suprised at all, imo. i enjoyed this thoroughly, no doubt. mmm.. deep mnml tech dubby.
                              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• day_for_night
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                                Very surprised that the RA mix was voted best of 2007? I listened to it today, and whilst it has it's moments, I wouldn't call it amazing. He seems to get a groove going, then will drop it out and play some ambient stuff for 2 minutes and start again?

Heard him play at Space in September and he was playing house & prog.
                                agreed, it was good, but if thats the best of the year i'm wondering what the hell they get as podcasts each week! i've heard ms member sets here that are better than that mix...

Comment

Working...