X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

DJing Allen & Heath

Hey guys i know my setup is complete and all but was thinking of getting a Allen & Heath zone mixer. which ones do u guys like or have played on, i am thinking zone 92 42 or 62. I currently have a djm600 and have had it for years, may sell it to upgrade. Also if there is any cheap places to buy a zone let me know. Thanks

• lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Allen & Heath

RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

welcome to the best mixer you'll ever own. i have the 62. i'd like the 92, but couldn't justify the price.

Comment

• Homskillet
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I have the 92 and it's the best mixer I've ever used... There is no other mixer I would want.
        https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• Caley Martin
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Oct 2004

you can't go wrong with either the 62 or 92
          For your aural infusion of Caley:
          http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
          http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
          http://ultrawizardsword.net
          RA: Caley

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

92 92 aaaaand the 92. that is all. kthnxbye.

(ps...deal hunt!)

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
              • Oct 2005

^^ I googled deal hunt and even dealhunt.com and i am came up with crap. what is the link jeff??

Buy the way i found this in Aus/Melbourne and it is like 900 bucks cheaper than store dj and dmc records.

Based in Sydney & Melbourne we’ve been bringing party visions to life with DIY sound, lighting and AV hire solutions for more than two decades. Whatever you’re planning - a birthday bash, a wedding celebration or a corporate event - we're here to supply you with professional-grade DIY friendly hire equipment.

Comment

• federico_g
                Getting Somewhere
                • Apr 2005

Xone 92 or DJM 800
                federicogiust.com
                www.quimikarecords.com

Comment

• hambino21
                  PFC Semen Ham
                  • Jul 2004

I happen to have both the 62, and the 92 and have to say that you can't beat the sound quality of these mixers. Pioneer tends to incorporate more digital toys but the Allen and Heath sound quality is unmatched.

The 62 is an awesome mixer and uses the more studio type of sliders, which some prefer. The only complaint i had with the 62 was only having one set of filters. this was was answered by the 92

The 92 has the two sets of filters,plus the LFO's which can be fun. it also has the midi clock/controller which is a cool feature, but since i am not a software guy yet, I haven't used this function. theres more to the 92, i just don't feel like typing any more.

When it comes down to Allen and Heath vs Pioneer, I would always go for the A&H. The sound quality is unmatched. Straight up!
                  " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• pr0ficient
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by johns
                    ^^ I googled deal hunt and even dealhunt.com and i am came up with crap. what is the link jeff??

Buy the way i found this in Aus/Melbourne and it is like 900 bucks cheaper than store dj and dmc records.

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/cat/in...tegory_id=7896
                    I bought my 92 from this website: http://www.djhardwares.com/frupsgrshalh.html
                    They are selling new 92s for $1,295 USD, which is the cheapest I have seen it on sale for

not sure if this helps since you're not in the US tho

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

^^ Thanks mate but going buy the Aussie dollar at the mo (think it is 70c per 1 American it prob wont be the cheapest. looks like djwarehouse it is for me, maybe i can bargin them down to 1500-1600 and go buy it at the end of a month as someone mentioned on another board.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by johns
                        ^^ Thanks mate but going buy the Aussie dollar at the mo (think it is 70c per 1 American it prob wont be the cheapest. looks like djwarehouse it is for me, maybe i can barging them down to 1500-1600 and go buy it at the end of a month as someone mentioned on another board.
                        I should say that I encountered terrible customer service with djhardwares when I ordered my 92 back in June. Nothing too serious but they said it was in stock when it wasn't and were terrible at following up with me. I yelled at them over the phone a bit but in the end I can't complain too much b/c I still got the unit within 1 week of ordering.

IMO the poor customer service was worth the money I saved, but I would recommend ordering over the phone with them to make them take more accountability.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

^^^so i hear only good news bout the 92. Have u ever had a pioneer before to compare too. i bout my 600 years ago and it still looks new. Hear the sound quality is great on 92 as well. only prob is i made a shelf to put my cd decks and mixer on the bottom (made outta wood bout 2 years ago as the stands were too expensive for me) anyway size wise what are the dimension's of the zone 92 ?? It looks really wide on the pic's and when i built my shelf to just fit my djm 600. i will upload some pics later today of my setup.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                            • Oct 2005

so dj warehouse is having a sale this sat and i am gonna go, the 62 is for 990 bucks may pick it up. Guys i need to know why the 92 is better than the 62 also i need to know the dimension of the 62 and 92 as i have made a self rack for my 600 at it fits just nicely. i need to know if they are a wider mixer cause if they are i can get it just yet.

Based in Sydney & Melbourne we’ve been bringing party visions to life with DIY sound, lighting and AV hire solutions for more than two decades. Whatever you’re planning - a birthday bash, a wedding celebration or a corporate event - we're here to supply you with professional-grade DIY friendly hire equipment.

also ex hire gear going cheap too. damn wish i had more money right now.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

on da interwebz!!!

Allen & Heath XONE2:62 - (WxHxD) 12.6 x 4.1 x 14.1" (320 x 105 x 358mm)

Allen & Heath XONE:92R - (WxHxD) 12.6 x 3.5 x 14" (320 x 87.6 x 358mm)

Comment

Working...