X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coliver1980
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2008

goin 2 WMC in march 4 1st

Im goin 2 WMC in March, any1 any reccomendations...clubs 2 go 2 and 2 stay away from?
  • |Thrax|
    Platinum Poster
    • Mar 2007

Re: goin 2 WMC in march 4 1st

ditto that, gotta get my business to Miami!

My first year as well, i'm more into techno these days.
    Rather then Guetta,Armin,PVD,Deadmau5,Justice (kinda hugefest)

but a quick review of your fav spots.
    I hear the Space terrace was legend.
    This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
    Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I recommend going to the pool parties and not just the clubs. My favorite events at this year's WMC were at the pool parties. Buy your tickets ahead of time on wantickets.com or the club's website. You'll have an easier time getting in and probably save some money. If not, then not to big of deal as the clubs are easier to get into at WMC.

Bring lots of cash and don't expect to hit every party you want. With daytime pool parties and after hours at Space and other clubs downtown open until the afternoon you can wear yourself out quickly.

For hotel, I'd recommend staying on the beach and not downtown. Simply take a cab over from the beach. You can walk to the pool parties, shops and restaurants. Downtown is actually a rough area of town you don't want to walk around in.

I'll leave whether to go to Ultra up to you. For me, I don't care to hang around the rave kid crowd which is the majority of the crowd. I did go this year on Friday because I saw several DJs I wanted to see. Ultra has been hit or miss for me.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• coliver1980
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2008

Thanx man, i'd really love 2 hit Sasha & Digweed boat party but i'd take it that is bordering on impossible 2 get on 1 of them parties??

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

tons of great venues in Miami, and if you keep your eyes focused on going to S&D showings (which can be rather lame, save for the boat party!!!!), you'll miss tons of other fantastic prog djs. I saw Dave Seaman, Mara/Gilbey, and Pappa under one roof for a $5 dollar cover one thursday night during a WMC.

I would recommend checking out B.E.D., particularly if you can get in to see Danny Howells (though no word if he's playing again this year).
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 88Mariner
            I saw Dave Seaman, Mara/Gilbey, and Pappa under one roof for a $5 dollar cover one thursday night during a WMC.
            You lucky bastard you! What was Gilbey like, was Sarah there as well? That would have been tight alright.
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

^would it make me any luckier for getting to piss next to Pappa? Or to have a drink w/ Ariel Cybana? I got to talk to all of them for a few moments. I never realized how humble these cats were, how accessible they are. Totally take advantage of it.

I only point this out because I had never seen any flyers for the party. Not a single one. Which is strange given the hefty line-up for the night. I only found out about the party, literally, by walking past it and seeing a poster up on the wall (while heading to ...er i think it was crobar?). Naturally there was a change of plans!. And it was strange to see the club half packed, too.

One other mention: PROTON RADIO PARTY!!!!
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

^ Killer story man. Yeah, I heard the Proton madness just goes richter.

Zomg, this lineup is magical IMO., I could miss Wednesday though. -->

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Miroslav
                  WHOA I can change this!1!
                  • Apr 2006

go to BED and maybe a gig or two at Pawn Shop. The good thing about WMC is that all of these great little holes in the wall come up into view and many tend to have great DJs, the likes of whom they never book at any other time of the year.

avoid the biggest fancy clubs like Opium Gardens and Prive, unless they by some stroke of luck happen to have someone really good - which they generally tend not to. Most of those top sobe clubs are all the same: You stand in line for two hours and get berated by surly bouncers for the priviledge of hanging out in an obnoxious and egregiously overpriced prickfest. With bad, obnoxious prick music.
                  mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Miroslav
                    go to BED and maybe a gig or two at Pawn Shop. The good thing about WMC is that all of these great little holes in the wall come up into view and many tend to have great DJs, the likes of whom they never book at any other time of the year.

avoid the biggest fancy clubs like Opium Gardens and Prive, unless they by some stroke of luck happen to have someone really good - which they generally tend not to. Most of those top sobe clubs are all the same: You stand in line for two hours and get berated by surly bouncers for the priviledge of hanging out in an obnoxious and egregiously overpriced prickfest. With bad, obnoxious prick music.
                    ^ iirc, opium gardens has some great talent right before the WMC, like the day before it starts, for all the prog-industry heads and such. I hear now they book tiesto and other trance acts during WMC, but last time i was there for WMC they had Middleton, Zabeila, Sander, Lottie, Ross Cale, and several others that night.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• tonig357
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2007

beatport pool parties for the win! they are ridiculous

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by w0e & cri5is
                        ^ Killer story man. Yeah, I heard the Proton madness just goes richter.

Zomg, this lineup is magical IMO., I could miss Wednesday though. -->

That Thursday night looks mental.
                        Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• jay813
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by tonig357
                          beatport pool parties for the win! they are ridiculous

yes they are....AND FREE!

Im not sure if im going to make it next year money crunch sucks a big fat hairy one...i also predict that because of the "global" economic slowdown, this will be an fairly quiet Miami for WMC09

Comment

• tonig357
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by jay813
                            yes they are....AND FREE!

Im not sure if im going to make it next year money crunch sucks a big fat hairy one...i also predict that because of the "global" economic slowdown, this will be an fairly quiet Miami for WMC09

almost forgot about that..yes they're free! it's brilliant

yea it will be tough this year because of money but that's what tax returns are for right? thankfully those returns come right before wmc... i always use part of my tax return for my spending & hotel money...getting a flight is easy especially now since airline tickets are dirt cheap because of the economy..i just checked ticket prices & a round trip from new york to miami during wmc is $183

where do i sign?!

Comment

• maddlingo
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Just booked our room so most of the Baltimore crew will be in attendance. I'll see you guys on the dance floor.
                              "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

Working...