• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Fuck you itunes...

Originally posted by feather
    Yes you can burn CDs with winamp too. Winamp has been around way longer than iTunes and can do all these things. Surprised you guys don't know. Mlipod plugin or Winamp has its own interface for the ipod, mp3_cue to read cuesheets. Unfortunately there's nothing like Winamp for the Mac, Cog being the nearest thing.
    Mac doesn't need it itunes works just fine with Mac.

I was actually quite shocked seeing someone using itunes on a pc the other day, it really did look bad !!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• minimal
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2006

Hit left control F4 while using winamp, all interface dissapears but program still runs. Its beautiful. Control F4 to bring interface back.
      music is the answer

http://soundcloud.com/sh-oe

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
        Mac doesn't need it itunes works just fine with Mac.

I was actually quite shocked seeing someone using itunes on a pc the other day, it really did look bad !!
        Oh iTunes works fine on the Mac because all the shit it requires like Quicktime is already in the OS, and iTunes itself is an integral component of the OS. But the software itself is very very bloated for a media player. Every version has some nonsense feature (the un-Genius Bar) which adds to the size and further detracts from its useability IMO. I wished iTunes was more modular like Winamp so we can actually decide what we want in the player, such as a cuesheet plugin that I've been missing ever since using iTunes

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• BureOne
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by minimal
          you don't know winamp? Definetely better than windows media and itunes, imo. Its better, faster, stronger
          Originally posted by res0nat0r
          +1 this is the only music player i use on windows. with the classic skins it just takes up a tiny corner of my screen and runs quickly, just as a mp3 player should do.

winamp fucking rocks!! its all I have ever used and will always use!!

My wife just got herself a fucking nano crapo and downloaded itunes onto MY computer! it hasn't been installed and I think I'll just delete it! she needs to feel the back of my hand right about now!!

Comment

• clintlove
            Hey girl, ya Hungry?
            • Jun 2004

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Bender420
              Tickle me Elmo!
              • Jun 2004

wow, i'm shocked clint! you bagging on itunes!!!
              i've used winamp for years but didn't know i could use it in place of itunes. good to know.
              Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

i just cant fuking stand that itunes is such a bitch to keep my music organized when if i have to use it. it sorts shit only by id3 tags and is a pain in the ass to do anything en masse in it. i organize my crap by directory and not one big shitty window of incorrect id3 tags, so this is mainly why i hate using that program. plus if i try and import my 250G library of stuff into the program it just dies.

amarok (for linux) is an itunes type program (with many more cool features) but doesnt suffer from any of these problems, is 10x faster and is free. plus it uses an actual real database backend and can handle importing 20k songs at once, and will auto import / remove music when it sees that directories have changed.

Comment

• srbbnd
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2005

Wu ha ha ha ha itunes is dead. I'm liking this win amp and I figures out how to burn mp3s. The visualizer kicks ass. Now I only have to figure out how to use que sheets.
                  www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

there are a couple cuesheet plugins for winamp i have used for a long time, mp3cue was one i think but it looks like the site is dead that hosted it.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

here this looks promising:

What's next! Winamp builds the tools that allow artists to manage their music and their revenue. And develops the player that offers the perfect experience.

Comment

• srbbnd
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2005

Hey feather how do you get those sets to pop up in your signature.
                        www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          there are a couple cuesheet plugins for winamp i have used for a long time, mp3cue was one i think but it looks like the site is dead that hosted it.
                          I found mp3cue, see if this works.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by srbbnd
                            Hey feather how do you get those sets to pop up in your signature.
                            That's Last.fm which Winamp supports. It basically keeps track of what you listen to, and make recommendations. I don't use the recommendations, only keep the account so I can show tracks in my signature

Comment

• phazon
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

iTunes sucks.

Does Winamp and mlipod work OK with the ipod touch?
                              ----------------------------

Comment

• ribbario
                                Underwater
                                • Aug 2006

Itun - I really don't know him at all, but Ok Itunes
                                Mixes !!!

Comment

Working...