Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Buy 1 Truck, Get 1 Free

actual ad

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • Cj Tari
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Nov 2004

Re: Buy 1 Truck, Get 1 Free

i was watching something similar here in town yesterday but tought it was some scam.
    ..:: listen :: react ::..
    http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
    http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
    http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

They had a thing on this on CNN this morning, and yes, it's on the up and up. One the one hand, it's an insane deal.

On the other hand, a truck is not something that you can just pop in your basement until you need it. If I bought a truck, and they gave me another truck, it would be an enormous pain in the ass. Extra sales tax, extra property tax, trying to figure out something to do with the damn thing. How about I buy a truck, and you give me a little Mini Cooper to drive around town when I don't need to haul shit? That might be handy. An extra truck, though? I think I'd have that thing in the classifieds before I made it home from the dealership. I guess for the right person/people, though, it could really be a windfall.

Tell you what, US automakers are handing out some crazy deals right now. I actually just bought another Wrangler a couple weeks ago, and I could not believe how cheap it was. I was honestly planning on getting something else entirely, but they knocked $7,000 off the price, bought me out of my existing lease, and threw in some others perks -- for a guy that loves Wranglers (which are the only American cars I would ever consider), it was too good to pass up. Even completely tricked out as this one is, they aren't that expensive to begin with, and $7000 on a vehicle like that is significant. Normally, you can't even really negotiate the price of a new Wrangler more than a hundred bucks or so if you're lucky, so this was just bonkers. The US Auto industry's loss is my gain, I suppose.

Comment

• pr0ficient
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Apr 2006

Yes, this shit is happening all over the US. There's a dealership about 2 hrs away in IL that's doing buy one chrysler get on for $1

Comment

• kassios
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

you can sell the other one ...
          http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

oh good deal. i'd lift, and periodically paint the second truck; then use it for drive by's.
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• nsite
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

you can get 2 trucks for 20K for the sale price vs. the BOGO offer where the list is 25K for one. spin spin spin!!!
              ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

lol @ american autos. silly labor unions getting what you deserve. ha
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                  • Mar 2008

My first initial drive by would be in the form of several seek and destroy operations, taking place at the closest Union HQs. (targeting not the workers, but the greedy leaders mind you). jj.
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

insane...you can buy one get the other for free but tell them to give it to you in parts and then sell it as spares and keep what you need...
                    would you still have to pay tax that way???
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

Gotta make sure I watch Leno tonight. He's gotta have something about that to say, with all those adverts he's always showing on there.
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by toasty
                        How about I buy a truck, and you give me a little Mini Cooper to drive around town when I don't need to haul shit? That might be handy. An extra truck, though? I think I'd have that thing in the classifieds before I made it home from the dealership.
                        +2

How's that wrangler though? Can you share some specs on how loaded it is?
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• KinKyJ
                          Platinum Poser
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                          How about I buy a truck, and you give me a little Mini Cooper to drive around town when I don't need to haul shit? That might be handy.
                          That's what an independent car dealer over here is doing: buy an SUV, get a small car for free.

Comment

• toasty
                            Sir Toastiness
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                            +2

How's that wrangler though? Can you share some specs on how loaded it is?
                            Loving the Wrangler -- this makes number 4 for me, so they're pretty familiar to me. I haven't done any serious customization to it or anything, so by "tricked out" I just mean that it's the top of the line model with pretty much all available options -- it's a Sahara 4X4 4 door, with the largest available tires, power everything (which on a Wrangler is a big deal), 6.1 sound with mp3/satellite/dvd audio, dual tops, sidesteps, upgraded suspension, etc. Wranglers aren't exactly known for their luxury, so it's pretty pedestrian compared to the bells and whistles on some of the other vehicles I was considering, but I love the open air thing and the fact that they can handle just about anything you throw at them.

The only common add on I didn't get was the rear trailer hitch because I had it on my last one and never had occasion to use it. I don't even own a trailer, so there ya go...

Here's a couple of photos -- both from my phone, though, so the quality isn't really there...

I do plan to add a chrome grill to it within the next few weeks and will probably get a bikini top for it, but big light bars and things like that aren't really my thing.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

that does look nice, I have a friend who got one last year that was Rubicon Trail Rated and seeing the hard top version of it actually made me want to get one too. I like that color, for some odd reason, Red and White (two colors I never originally had a fancy for) are growing on me, especially a nicely waxed white with dark tints..... looks wicked. I saw a white 2009 Toyota Sequoia with dark tints and the thing looked NUTS.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                              Originally posted by ace_dl
                              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...