X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Reviews of itouch, iphone, ipod ?

any one have a link to good reviews/comparisons of the 3 systems side by side?

but also an everyday users guide - e.g. is it easy to get music on/off from a PC etc etc
    I am not that puter literate - so knowing what you could do with these without all the jailbreak fixes etc

I have read the threads on MS doing a search mostly phone related, not much on touch.

appreciated!
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Reviews of itouch, iphone, ipod ?

Want my review?

the iTouch is an iPhone without the Phone i.e. ability to make calls. an iPod is an iTouch but with a hard drive, without the 6 inch touch screen and is a better bang for the buck in terms of price and storage space.

iPhone and iTouch have built in wifi so you can surf web from home having connected either device to your wireless router at home. The iPod, nothing in terms of connectivity.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      • Jun 2004

thanks! thats kind of what I thought.

if you have a iphone - can you get music (ie dj sets) onto it? does not look like winamp supports anythign but classic ipod.
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

yes you can load music into the iPhone. the iPhone is the iTouch with the ability to send and receive calls. if winamp doesnt support it, its itunes for ya
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

I have both an iPod classic and an iPod touch. I love them both for different reasons, but here are my thoughts on the things that separate them:

iPod Classic
          Pros:
          Lots of storage for the dollar
          Easy to navigate without looking at the unit

Cons:
          Really limited functionality beyond playing music as compared to the Touch
          Nested menus are clunky

iPod Touch
          Pros:
          Large library of apps and games makes it a very versatile device
          Good web browser if you have a WiFi connection
          Better menu navigation

Cons:
          Pricey
          Must look at the unit to do even basic functions like skipping a track (not great for driving)

I have the largest Touch unit they make (32G), and it still doesn't hold half of my library, so I end up cycling music on and off of it, which kinda blows. It is such a great device, though, and has saved me many times when I'm stranded somewhere for a while and need something to kill some time.

It really depends upon why you're getting it. The Touch has serious game, but if you just want something to play music and hold as much as you can and won't really use the other stuff, get the Classic.

Comment

• PROG
            Gold Gabber
            • Aug 2005

3g iphone - pretty much a laptop that can make calls. go ahead and remote access to your desktop! get into that 1tb hard drive of yours with all that muzik.

$400 3g 8gb. cydia installed and installous. let me know.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              • Jun 2004

I got her the itouchie.

would have done the phone but the price of international calls in just phenomenal on it (which is a big issue for us)

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Well your iTouch has wifi capability, I would look into adding a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol eg. Skype) application so she can make calls on wifi. Eg I use VoIP at home for my IDD calls, when I get an iPhone/iTouch, I would look for an app that lets me do that. It's not the end-all solution because you obviously need wifi. Anyway if you guys make IDD calls, definitely check out VoIP providers, heaps cheaper than land lines,

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

oh someone forgot to mention weight and thinness.

the iphone is way heavier and thicker than the itouch, so that may be a huge plus if u really dont need the phone capability.
                  "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...