Clear All
  • auralism
    Fresh Peossy
    • Dec 2008

[ARLSM D009] Elon "Snorting Pinky" Justin Maxwell rmxs

Available 11/18/08 on Beatport & iTunes
    Elon - Snorting Pinky
    Remixes by Justin Maxwell

[size=14]New York-based DJ/Producer Elon leads of with Snorting Pinky a dark, tech monster that begs to be heard on the biggest system possible. Despite its hefty bottom end, it manages to still nimbly swing with crisp snare accents and plenty of midrange touches to keep things engaging. Justin Maxwell's remix is a tasteful overhaul of the original, focusing more on sonic textures rather than the sheer physicality of the original. Jennie's Keys is a more restrained cut, perfect for early set buildup, while Maxwell's mix ups the tempo and adds some gelatinous bounce and tight, high-pitched stabs for the floor.

Feedback

"I love the Jennie's Keys track, both the original and the Maxwell rmx. I will play them out 100%." -Alexi Delano

"Jennie's Keys original is my favorite. Seems to be the most controlled while still being crazy. The other tracks are amazing in an exploding DAW type way, but Jennie's Keys original and Justin's remix seem to be the most effective to me. THANKS for the Aural Delight!!"" -Maetrik

"Jennie's Keys is the one for me. i like when the funk crawls up your spine on this one..." Franklin De Costa

"I really like Jennie's Keys original" -Barem (Found/Unfound)

"elon - this is great. originals are cool, but justin rocks these out to another level. will be playing both his" -Chris Fortier (Balance)

Also support from:

Acid Circus, Beaner, Claude VonStroke, Chloe, Dave Martin, Mark-Henning, Perc, Pheek, Russ Gabriel, Scratch Massive, Xpansul
    • 1. Jennie's Keys
      2. Jennie's Keys (Justin Maxwell Remix)
      3. Snorting Pinky
      4. Snorting Pinky (Justin Maxwell Remix)

Click here for audio samples

Also available now on Beatport & iTunes

Kyaro - Vortices remixed by Stewart Walker

Auralism Records presents a deep and moving remix of Kyaro's techno stormer Vortices, recently released on Fade Records. Stewart Walker, founder of the amazing Persona Records imprint, takes the melodic elements of the original into a more hypnotic, late-night territory. Stewart starts his remix off with a rolling sub and eerie tones, then building pads and warm harmonies enter the mix and give the listener a sense that they are embarking on a long journey. Slowly, the rhythm unfolds in unexpected ways until everything comes together finally, transforming into emotional and subtle techno reminiscent of Stewart's classic productions on Persona. This track will be perfect for dark-room warm-ups or sunrise rooftops alike.
    • 1. Vortices remixed by Stewart Walker

[Eutactic - Hypnagogia
    Remixes by Komposit & Rhuoho Rhuotsi

This debut EP from Eutactic continues the Auralism tradition of stretching the boundaries of the label's sound and keeping audiences on their toes. Hypnagogia, the title track, starts off the EP with a mid-set, 4am beating. The track builds into a dreamlike frenzy after an unexpected break picks the energy up through the roof. Its fluid melodies intertwine with the heavy groove to make a real dance floor masher. The 2nd original song on the EP, Cavour, is a more funky excursion, maintaining the same warehouse feeling of Hypnagogia, but combining a swinging, playful rhythm with some eerie forces driving the groove into the darkness. Komposit's (owner of Lobotomy Records) remix of Hypnagogia takes the original to a more twisted place, focusing more on mind-warping intricacies and micro-hypnotics. Ruoho Ruotsi's (owner of Def Child Recordings) remix dubs out the original melodies and creates a droney, floating track perfect for the late-night jam sessions.
    • 1. Hypnagogia
      2. Cavour
      3. Hypnagogia (Komposit Remix)
      4. Hypnagogia (Rhuoho Rhuotsi Reshape)

Working...